Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 90,775 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 11, 2021, 02:33:21 AM
Shouldn't someone remake Spec Ops: The Line by now?
That game is f**king fantastic.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I couldn't get into it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2021, 09:51:56 PM
I couldn't get into it.

That's a good way to get out of it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2021, 09:51:56 PM
I couldn't get into it.
How far did you get? It starts out really bog-standard generic military action (on purpose) but it gets wild as it goes along.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't think I made it very far.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 07, 2021, 06:28:29 AM
I'd recommend giving it another go. It's a very good game, though I can't say why without spoiling what makes it so good.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 07, 2021, 07:56:23 PM
I'd recommend giving it another go. It's a very good game, though I can't say why without spoiling what makes it so good.
There's a lot of little details (and not just in the gameplay, but even in the menu and loading screens) that reward paying attention, and it's got multiple endings (4 I think?).

But yeah going into much more detail than that would be crazy spoiler land.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Spec Ops is probably the only game I've ever played where the story is what makes it. Without it, it'd be completely generic.

It's also the only game I've ever restarted as soon as I finished it, and I'm so glad I did -
Spoiler
the main character's descent into insanity is so gradually done I didn't even notice how unhinged he'd become by the end until I jumped back to the start.

Oh yeah, and I realised at the end I'd instinctively made all the bad choices and didn't even notice :laugh: That caused some soul-searching.
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 08, 2021, 02:18:42 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Nov 07, 2021, 07:56:23 PM
There's a lot of little details (and not just in the gameplay, but even in the menu and loading screens) that reward paying attention, and it's got multiple endings (4 I think?).

But yeah going into much more detail than that would be crazy spoiler land.
Ohhhh the menu screens. I remember coming back to it about halfway through and noticing the flag. Details like that are what sets it above others.

Immortan Jonesy

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 08, 2021, 09:07:53 AMSpec Ops is probably the only game I've ever played where the story is what makes it. Without it, it'd be completely generic.

It's also the only game I've ever restarted as soon as I finished it, and I'm so glad I did -
Spoiler
the main character's descent into insanity is so gradually done I didn't even notice how unhinged he'd become by the end until I jumped back to the start.

Oh yeah, and I realised at the end I'd instinctively made all the bad choices and didn't even notice :laugh: That caused some soul-searching.
[close]

It could use a remake just because its shooting is so generic.  I mean it felt last generation console bad when it was released. 

Story is muwah though. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Samhain13

Samhain13

They better have not taken out of asteroid sequence.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 04, 2022, 03:47:45 PMThey better have not taken out of asteroid sequence.
It's the whole game now, actually.

Oops! All Asteroids.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

This remake looks really good!

Been meaning to make time to go back and finish the original (I played it when it came out, but was too scared to finish it lol)

LimitedRun announced this pretty cool collector's edition of the remake, with a actually wearable helmet :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed