Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,278 times)

lycraboy

lycraboy

AVPR kicked arse, though lighting made it hard to see some detail and fight scenes , it still kicked arse lol avp took to long to get into the action but as good as it was the strouse brothers didnt explain to well and didnt continue the film properly at the end of avp there were at least 20 - 30 predators but 2 on the first but idc i love both films

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Khan on Jan 03, 2008, 02:38:12 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Jan 03, 2008, 02:35:56 AM
I think they are both equal in their strengths/weaknesses.  However, I rate AVP just a little bit higher because it was more imaginative.

and not so grounded as in AVP. Yeah I would agree on the last part.

There is a place for gritty-style horror.  But AVPR wasn't that realistic.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Equally good. I liked bits of the first as well as the second.

jimmylace

jimmylace

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm more likely to watch AvP1 again than AvP:R  :-X

I agree that they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I think AvP-R is just that touch better due to its faithfulness to the creatures and it's tone...but at the same time, it's all pretty derivative stuff, whereas AvP1 had a grander scope and a bit more imagination.

Both movies are mis-fires though.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: gameoverman on Jan 03, 2008, 02:57:19 AM
Quote from: Khan on Jan 03, 2008, 02:38:12 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Jan 03, 2008, 02:35:56 AM
I think they are both equal in their strengths/weaknesses.  However, I rate AVP just a little bit higher because it was more imaginative.

and not so grounded as in AVP. Yeah I would agree on the last part.

There is a place for gritty-style horror.  But AVPR wasn't that realistic.
AVP-R had some big problems lots of little
AVP had many big problems and little ones

JDubG

JDubG

AVPR

Cinnamon

Cinnamon

I agree with Blackdawn and jimmylace.  Both movies had good and bad qualities

Elder Alien

Elder Alien

AVPR is beeter than AVP1 because more blood of course and more action. And I like the Final Fight between the Predalien and the Predator.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

AVP-R is a better A/P movie
AVP is a better movie
i prefer AVP-R

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: Cinnamon on Jan 03, 2008, 03:04:52 AM
I agree with Blackdawn and jimmylace.  Both movies had good and bad qualities

Now we're cookin'  ;D

jimmylace

jimmylace

a little O-T, but I recently introduced the gf to Aliens and Alien 3 Assembly Cut. Watching them back to back made me pine for the good old days when fox sort of cared about these movies.

Anyway I was totally surprised by her reaction to them...she thought the acting in Aliens was wooden (which it is in places, I hadn't noticed before) and that it was a bit silly. Still enjoyed it though. BUT she totally digged Alien 3 AC and thought it was miles better....and that's why I love her.  ;D

anyway..my point is, maybe FOX should re-release Alien 3 AC theatrically? I think audiences would really warm to it with a few minor touch ups. Then they could essentially re-start the Alien series, and do the same with the Predator. AvP3 is seeming less and less viable to me now. The first two movies have sucked the fun out of the concept, and now feeling winded, I don't know why I wanted to see an AvP movie in the first place.  :-[

jimmylace

jimmylace

youve got to give AvP1 something though...at least it TRIED. It didnt feel anywhere near as cheap as Requiem did.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: jimmylace on Jan 03, 2008, 03:15:47 AM
youve got to give AvP1 something though...at least it TRIED. It didnt feel anywhere near as cheap as Requiem did.
had a better budget too

marrerom

marrerom

both movies were so on par with eachother that they might as well release them together as one movie.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

i voted AVPR cuz hands down is much better but i must admit that the story for avp was alil better AVPR is like allover the place

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed