The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP

Started by Scree, Apr 03, 2014, 09:26:43 PM

Author
The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP (Read 37,822 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 12, 2014, 01:46:07 AM
Anyone remember the hype on the old AVP forums and Planet AVP. I recall Darkness shut down the site after the movie sucking so bad.

I remember PlanetAvP, and as for the old AvPGalaxy, I remember the shut down but if you read Darkness' re-review, he says it's not as bad as he initially remembered it. It wasn't the movie which he wanted and it could've been a bit more, but it's not as bad as he originally remembered it. And as for the shut down, I've heard a couple things.. either Fox pulled their funding or Darkness over-reacted. At this point, it's in the past and not worth kicking an old and tired horse.

Corporal Hicks

:D Fox dont fund us, never have. They used to own the old AvPNews domain and thats why that shut down. But AvPG was shutdown due to Darkness' s disappointment. 

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2014, 08:52:05 AM
:D Fox dont fund us, never have. They used to own the old AvPNews domain and thats why that shut down.

That's the site that Fox shut down? My mistake then.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That some epic history... thank god the only thing he shutdown was the website. That must have been one hell of a dark time.  :laugh:

PRJ_since1990

I'll try to rewatch the films. Life tends to get in the way of plans but I will make an effort. I try to watch all the movies at least once a year if I can.

I think what RakaiThwei is saying is that people forget how to phrase their opinions to not attack their opponents. Out of respect, we should be mindful of this. We're all on here for the enjoyment of our favorite franchises so let's encourage it! Have fun, you know?

locdasmoke

locdasmoke

I was thinking about this yesterday, so I took out the Unrated copy I own and watched it and I still like it...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Anyone else find it a bit of a coincidence that Universal and Fox are collaborating for the AvP Haunted House for Halloween Horror Nights a couple months after the first AvP debuted? I know that there is an Alien anniversary happening which is sort of a big deal but is this Fox's way of indirectly celebrating AvP as well?

SM

SM

Very indirectly since there doesn't seem to be any mention of a 10 year anniversary in the marketing.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2014, 07:22:20 AM
Very indirectly since there doesn't seem to be any mention of a 10 year anniversary in the marketing.

Seems as if they're going to be heavily referencing the AvP movies for this attraction according to Universal Studios. Interestingly enough, this attraction is going to be set in Central America in a Weyland-Yutani facility. Also interesting enough, the Predators are referred to as Yautja for the marketing in this attraction.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/alien-vs-predator-halloween-horror-nights-24/

SM

SM

Central America and a WY facility sounds like they're referencing everything BUT the AvP movies.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2014, 08:19:37 AM
Central America and a WY facility sounds like they're referencing everything BUT the AvP movies.

According to the Universal Studios blogger:

It promises to be action packed with a slew of horrifying moments that are iconic to the Alien vs. Predator films.

Take that as you will though.

SM

SM

The AvP films had a marked lack of Central American jungles and WY facilities.  Unlike, say, Predator and Aliens.  They'd be better focusing on them, rather than the generally disdained AvP flicks.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2014, 08:23:31 AM
The AvP films had a marked lack of Central American jungles and WY facilities.  Unlike, say, Predator and Aliens.  They'd be better focusing on them, rather than the generally disdained AvP flicks.

Like I said, take that as you will. Besides it's not like going to impacting canon in anyway.

SM

SM

That's neither here nor there.  It's just better to market the thing based on the films that are universally loved.

MrSpaceJockey

Happy 10 Years!

For the International Release at least.  Happy 10 Years Eve for those of us from the states.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed