New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,311 times)

Xenomrph

Christ I hope the game doesn't end up being a looter-shooter.

SiL

It's sounding like Borderlands with Aliens.

Species8472

God forbid Scopely having any involvement they are only interested in the pay to win scenario. If this is the case then expect a bug ridden game from the outset! I have been playing Star Trek Starfleet Command on Mobile since it's release approx 2 years ago and it still feels like an Alpha version and any complaints to Scopely are just brushed aside. I  love Alien/AvP franchise what is needed is as previous comments suggest the same thing that was present in the  original AvP and AvP2 games that in my opinion is the best way to satisfy the fans and critics alike

seattle24

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2020, 08:23:36 PM
O hope they're pretty restrained in the Alien variants. I don't really want to see them go full Kenner. Even Colonial Marines went too far with the silly designs, in my opinion.

Now, if they wanted to do offshoots a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs as a result of genetic tampering/experimentation with the raw materials, that's an entirely different thing that I would be all for.

100%

I'd be very impressed if they made use of the neomorph, possibly some of David's Labs concepts brought to life as well. Just hate it when designers do something like add a weird crest to a typical Alien body, another limb or three etc.

Guess the term as previously mentioned is "full Kenner"

Corporal Hicks

I'd absolutely love to see the Neomorphs return! Still not too sure on what exactly can be done differently with them compared to THE Alien (perhaps go back to the original limited lifecycle intent from Alien?) but very much interested in seeing someone do something with them.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2020, 09:53:24 AM
It's sounding like Borderlands with Aliens.
That's what I'm afraid of.

Quote from: seattle24 on May 04, 2020, 01:10:17 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2020, 08:23:36 PM
O hope they're pretty restrained in the Alien variants. I don't really want to see them go full Kenner. Even Colonial Marines went too far with the silly designs, in my opinion.

Now, if they wanted to do offshoots a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs as a result of genetic tampering/experimentation with the raw materials, that's an entirely different thing that I would be all for.

100%

I'd be very impressed if they made use of the neomorph, possibly some of David's Labs concepts brought to life as well. Just hate it when designers do something like add a weird crest to a typical Alien body, another limb or three etc.

Guess the term as previously mentioned is "full Kenner"
I'm the opposite - as a fan of the Kenner stuff (they were literally what got me into Aliens as a kid) I'm all for developers doing Alien variants and shit like that.

Xiggz456

Ya I'm okay with the Kenner variants so long as they lose the toy-ish color schemes. Keep the creatures black and dark. But I'm all for showcasing the DNA reflex as it's extremely underutilized IMO.

Kailem

Killer Crab Alien or bust! :laugh:

Kradan

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Some water aliens, humanoid bat-like creatures giving us flying aliens. It can be cool. But we need a straight multiplayer aspect with this game at least where we can play as an alien...
At this point I feel most of us are demanding a good length campaign and a solid competitive multiplayer. If isolation would have had 4v4 multiplayer. And 1 alien vs 12 humans  and similar modes. Man that could have been epic. (Loved isolation btw. Just wanted multiplayer)

Kradan

I always imagined Isolation's multiplayer as just bunch of people trying to feed each other to Stompy while struggling to get to airlock.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kradan on May 04, 2020, 09:21:03 PM
I always imagined Isolation's multiplayer as just bunch of people trying to feed each other to Stompy while struggling to get to airlock.
This is literally the gameplay of the original 'Alien' movie board game from 1979.

Like I'm not even joking, that's the premise of the game.

j0nesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2020, 01:40:25 PM
I'd absolutely love to see the Neomorphs return! Still not too sure on what exactly can be done differently with them compared to THE Alien (perhaps go back to the original limited lifecycle intent from Alien?) but very much interested in seeing someone do something with them.

if we take the alien rpg as canon, the rulebook states an adult neomorph typically dies after 24 hours

Kradan

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2020, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 04, 2020, 09:21:03 PM
This is literally the gameplay of the original 'Alien' movie board game from 1979.

Like I'm not even joking, that's the premise of the game.

Should I ... be proud of myself ?

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Kraden Exactly lmfao, the single alien mode with 11 humans would have been that mode. 1 player chosen as xeno, all humans are Dropped into map with nothing. And the xeno shows up in 5 minutes, the next 5 minutes has items/crate dropped in like 3 locations, in each crate there is a escape pod key and select items that can help you survive and escape or kill the bastard granted enough humans have survived and collected enough gear.
Than the last 5 minutes, random 2 dead players spawn as working Joe's that are suposed to help the players and (have working joe stations around as well so when somone/your dumb friend dies random players can bring back them back, or you can save your buddy.... kind of lol) can damage the alien and die just the same. You have 5 minutes to make it to the escape pod.

The best part is isolation allready had massive segments of the station that would have been perfect.
2-3 levels and just vents layered all over for the alien.

You could have choke points, remote controll doors, lockable airshafts and even rooms you could lock your self in. Have the mic chat only work with people within 20 feet of you.
The survival horror aspect they missed with isolation makes my blood boil.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed