Class Action Suit Issued

Started by Elicas, May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Author
Class Action Suit Issued (Read 59,878 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Finally.

Origin

Origin

Just saw this reposted on Joystiq & Polygon. First time for me that one of these class-action suits actually pertained to me, in addition to being something I could potentially support.

Feels like beating a dead horse now, but I'd also like to add that I know for certain I won't be purchasing any Gearbox titles in the future because of this ordeal. Seriously, Gearbox can go get f**ked by a cactus.

demonbane

demonbane

Yeah. Company like THQ went bankrupt for making one mistake. It shouldn't be exception for Gearbox.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: demonbane on May 01, 2013, 02:32:59 AM
Yeah. Company like THQ went bankrupt for making one mistake. It shouldn't be exception for Gearbox.

THQ did plenty wrong, it wasn't just one single thing that did them in.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

First give me Brothers in Arms: Battle of the Bulge, then you can go bankrupt.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Your move, Gearbox.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 01, 2013, 03:18:32 AM
Your move, Gearbox.

Their move... outsourcing the lawsuit to TimeGate

ShadowPred

Vrastal

Vrastal

I wonder what crap Pitchford is going to pull out of his butt on this one.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Finally.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 01, 2013, 03:01:44 AM
Quote from: demonbane on May 01, 2013, 02:32:59 AM

THQ did plenty wrong, it wasn't just one single thing that did them in.

Exactly, it was the culmination of a number of failures. uDraw Wii accessory, AAA CoD rival Homefront, unfinished development of an MMO, and I think one other high-cost/risk venture that I'm forgetting. It was insane that they attempted all of these at once, the failure of any one of them would have had a major impact on the company.

But getting back on topic, I hope the Colonial Marines situation doesn't bite Sega too badly. They have a number of other major properties under their banner which could suffer underfunding, rushing, lay-offs, lack of post-release support, redesigning or even abandonment if the corporate coffers start drying up. Rome Total War 2, just for one example, is a hugely ambitious title in a flagship series, and needs 100% commitment to live up to that promise.

Razz

Razz

No Patch can Fix this. :P

szkoki

szkoki

a bored billionare fan sued them...i guess, because this process will cost him more than the prize of the game what he could get back

btw this isnt mean that we get the game we promised i dunno why are u so happy about it....and top of it if we would got that graphics like in the demos...the STORY, THE ACTING AND AI STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! and no lawsuit can do anything about that, i dont understand how many people wank over the graphics...but do what u want

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed