Predators Wikipedia Article-- Innaccuate?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jan 27, 2010, 06:14:16 AM

Author
Predators Wikipedia Article-- Innaccuate? (Read 12,988 times)

RakaiThwei

I was overlooking the Predators wikipedia article which seems to have been changed as of recently within a matter of 24 to 48 hours. Some noticable changes were made, and while whoever has been contributing to the article has been doing their best, I couldn't help but notice some inaccuracies. Does anyone here aside from myself notice this?

Seriously, who edits the article on Wikipedia?

-Rakai'Thwei

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

would you like to paste some stuff for us people who dont know whats been changed???

would help!

SM

QuoteSeriously, who edits the article on Wikipedia?

Anyone.  Isn't that the point?

I only glanced at it, but it seems to be fairly well sourced for a relatively small piece on a film that isn't even close to be released.

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 27, 2010, 06:14:16 AM
Seriously, who edits the article on Wikipedia?
Anyone who wants to ...

SM

22 seconds beeyatch!!!  ;D

RakaiThwei

Well at first, within the last 48 or so hours, someone had added up the plot based on the LatinoReview.com synopsis review of the film.

QuoteAccording to an early script review by LatinoReview.com, the plot of the film follows a man named Royce who is abducted by alien creatures known as the Predators. He is released onto the Predators home planet -which acts as a game reserve- along with seven other humans, where they are hunted by creatures known as "Black Super Predators". While battling to survive against these creatures, they also stumble across an American soldier known as Nolan who was brought to the planet years ago as game, but has managed to survive by hiding from the Predators in a cave. Nolan reveals that the Predators have been hunting humans by dropping them on this planet for many years. A cameo appearance is also written in the script for Arnold Schwarzenegger's character Dutch from the first film.
[/i]

Thats concerning the plot. The parts I bolded which I believe to be the innaccuracies.

1) It's A Predator planet, not THE Predator planet as far as I can recall from the script. From what I remember, it's just a game reserve, a safari planet. Unless of course, I am mistaken since I am recalling this from memory.

2) Minor inaccuracy. There is only ONE BSP, but two other Super Predators.

Now here are the details concerning the developement:

QuoteThe film was written by Robert Rodriguez, Alex Litvak and Michael Finch.[7] In 2009, 20th Century Fox studio executive, Alex Young, called Rodriguez to consider using his treatment to revive the individual Predator franchise.[8] It was originally thought that Robert Rodriguez would direct, but on June 12, it was rumored that British director Neil Marshall was involved in directing the film.[9] On July 1, 2009, Nimród Antal was officially signed on to take the director's chair.[10] In an interview with MTV, Rodriguez expressed that he wanted his reboot to be the direct sequel to the original, ignoring the Alien Vs Predator sequels.[11]
[/i]

That part I bolded because three to four, maybe five days ago-- probably going back a week or so, it said on the article: "In an interview with MTV, Rodriguez expressed that he wanted his reboot to be the direct sequel to the original, possibly ignoring Predator 2 and the Alien Vs Predator sequels, saying "Maybe people will forget about the bad sequels and think only this one and the original exist."

So far thats all I could find. I do remember Rodriguez saying that he was omitting Predator 2 and at Comic-Con that he was starting over with a new slate.

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

So go and correct it then.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

haha, stole the words outta my mouth SM!

SM

Such is the beauty of the wiki.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2010, 06:29:09 AM
So go and correct it then.

I would if I could but I don't know WikiMedia coding.   ::)

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

Perfect time to learn?  It can't be that difficult.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2010, 06:40:36 AM
Perfect time to learn?  It can't be that difficult.

Well back before the big closing of Geocities, I made pretty basic web pages.. I'll look into the coding format in the morrow.

In the meantime, I need sleep.

-Rakai'Thwei

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

is it me, or does this topic seem pointless?

pmaz11

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Jan 27, 2010, 06:57:33 AM
is it me, or does this topic seem pointless?

yeah it pretty much is.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Thanks for informing us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed