Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,435 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 07, 2021, 12:56:33 PM
Midnight Mass ( Netflix - Mike Flanagan )

Really terrific. Another great one from Mike! I wish the ending was as good as the journey, but great show nevertheless. Often I loved this as much as Flanagan's other great show "The Haunting of Hill House". Those long stretches of just intellectual conversation? Outstanding!

Just finished ep 5 last night. The end of that episode hit me hard. Great series so far, too bad it sounds like it doesn't stick the landing. Kinda had that issue with Hill House too.

I really identified a lot with Riley, I wasn't drunk nor do I have trouble with alcohol but we've been through very similar circumstances.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just finished Episode 5 myself also, funny that, and yeah especially that conversation about the nature of death.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Really terrific. Another great one from Mike! I wish the ending was as good as the journey, but great show nevertheless. Often I loved this as much as Flanagan's other great show "The Haunting of Hill House". Those long stretches of just intellectual conversation? Outstanding!

Last day I was thinking that  :laugh:
Spoiler
perhaps divine miracles don't exist in this universe. Everything is vampirism; even the ancient biblical tales. I also read that there are similarities to the Stephen King works, and that the story is based on events in Flanagan's personal life. Also, leveling Christian catoolics and their rituals to vampirism was good criticism.  :laugh:
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wire S4 E4

Marlo listening to f**king Chamilionaire in the rim shop. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 15, 2021, 09:35:26 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 15, 2021, 04:19:12 AMThe Wire S4 E2-3

Yep, this is the transition season. Still good, though.

Season 4 was incredibly well-made but I can't help but feel like it doesn't really go anywhere.

The individual stories I think are great, it's just there isn't an overall arc at all to tie things together. It would be like if Season 3 was just a bunch of people doing stuff in and around Hamsterdam without any of the investigation stuff.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bones Season 11 Episode 22

Bones Season 12 Episodes 1&2

Stitch

Stitch

Katla was great. Ending was... Something else. Hope there's a second season.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Midnight Mass, I thought the ending kicked ass.

Way better finale than The Haunting.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wire S4 E5-7

They ship Omar out to the county lockup I used to live five minutes down the road from. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

The movies that made us - Aliens

Whilst nothing new it was still good fun to watch. Much like their `Toys that made us' shows there was a lot of quick fire cuts and humour throughout. Loved the way they use actual scenes from the film to complete some of the actors and crew's own thoughts.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just finished Squid Game.

Masterclass.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

NCIS Season 18 Episodes 14-16

Superstore Season 6 Episodes 14&15

Bones Season 12 Episodes 9-12

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wire S4 E8

I wonder how much Dominic West got paid to barely show up while he was too busy being in 300 or whatever. :laugh:

The Wire S4 E9

And Omar gets out of the county lockup I used to drive by nearly day. :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 15, 2021, 08:32:09 PM

Just finished ep 5 last night. The end of that episode hit me hard. Great series so far, too bad it sounds like it doesn't stick the landing. Kinda had that issue with Hill House too.

I really identified a lot with Riley, I wasn't drunk nor do I have trouble with alcohol but we've been through very similar circumstances.

Yeah, I imagine a lot of us can relate to Riley in different ways. He was really great. I loved his discussions with Erin, and in those AA meetings.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 16, 2021, 01:37:14 AM

Spoiler
perhaps divine miracles don't exist in this universe. Everything is vampirism; even the ancient biblical tales. I also read that there are similarities to the Stephen King works, and that the story is based on events in Flanagan's personal life. Also, leveling Christian catoolics and their rituals to vampirism was good criticism.  :laugh:
[close]

The story is based on Flanagan's personal life? Wow, I'll have to check that out. Hopefully it's not in relation to Riley's life changing incident.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 17, 2021, 01:09:24 AM
Midnight Mass, I thought the ending kicked ass.

Way better finale than The Haunting.

I'm glad you loved it. I didn't dislike the ending per say, it just didn't reach the lofty heights of the journey that led up to that conclusion (to me).

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 19, 2021, 12:32:17 PM

Spoiler
[close]

The story is based on Flanagan's personal life? Wow, I'll have to check that out. Hopefully it's not in relation to Riley's life changing incident.

He was Catholic, went through a personal research for spiritual purposes.

Now, about being related to his character Riley, well kinda  :-X

Spoiler

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 19, 2021, 02:25:39 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 19, 2021, 12:32:17 PM

Spoiler
[close]

He was Catholic, went through a personal research for spiritual purposes.

Now, about being related to his character Riley, well kinda  :-X

Spoiler

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing Jonesy. This is all quite interesting!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed