Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 826,377 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Stalker (1979)

An odd, entrancing film.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 26, 2020, 10:41:24 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2020, 08:29:21 PM
The Quack (1982, Poland)

I love when main protagonist is bearded giant with soul of teddy bear. Very touching

Are you the psychotic fan of Voodoo?

Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2020, 10:43:52 PM
Right after I posted it, I knew that somebody would make the connection ! I knew it !  :D

I like him. He has good sense of humor. I hardly can bear his hatred for Crabators but despite that we get along pretty well, I'd say.

Huggs

Huggs

John Wick 1&2

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Slow West (2015)

Yup. David is a bounty hunter in this Spaghetti Western-like drama :laugh:

Good lord, that ending feels like real life itself: cruel and wonderfull at the same time 😂

SiL

SiL

Upgrade

A lot of fun with a great aesthetic.

Underwater

Loses steam halfway through and never recovers.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on May 30, 2020, 11:39:05 AM
Underwater

So a bit Underwhelming then?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 30, 2020, 04:10:30 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 30, 2020, 11:39:05 AM
Underwater

So a bit Underwhelming then?

Water you mean?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, sounds like it's dead in the Water according to SiL.  :-\

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

You could say it sank like a stone.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

On Underwater - there was stuff about it I liked, but it also fell a bit flat for me unfortunately. Creature stuff was pretty cool, I liked the look of the movie, but it never amounted to more than just its various parts. And I really don't buy the apparent Lovecraftian connections that were being touted after the movie released. There were parts of the movie that were pretty fun though.

As far as recent Alien knockoffs go, I preferred Life. I'm always down for more fish monster movies, though, so here's hoping the Aquaman spinoff about the Trench comes to pass.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Swiss Army Man (2016)

Daniel Radcliffe is a flatulent zombie and his penis can be used as a compass. Still better love story than Twilight  :laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2020, 05:46:57 PM
On Underwater - there was stuff about it I liked, but it also fell a bit flat for me unfortunately. Creature stuff was pretty cool, I liked the look of the movie, but it never amounted to more than just its various parts. And I really don't buy the apparent Lovecraftian connections that were being touted after the movie released. There were parts of the movie that were pretty fun though.

As far as recent Alien knockoffs go, I preferred Life. I'm always down for more fish monster movies, though, so here's hoping the Aquaman spinoff about the Trench comes to pass.

Cthulhu is an eldritch entity with supernatural qualities. What we saw in Underwater is just a giant monster with tentacles, because of course: some tentacle abomination = Lovecraftian horror.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2020, 05:46:57 PMAs far as recent Alien knockoffs go, I preferred Life.

I thoroughly enjoyed Life tbh.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 30, 2020, 07:21:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2020, 05:46:57 PMAs far as recent Alien knockoffs go, I preferred Life.

I thoroughly enjoyed Life tbh.

Calvin is better octopus monster that the trilobite from Prometheus.  8)

Now if you ask me "so?" my answer is I don't know. I just wanted to say something because I'm so f**king bored today.  :-\

Edit: still better monster imo.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

8)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 30, 2020, 07:38:10 PM
Calvin is better octopus monster that the trilobite from Prometheus.  8)

Agreed. The fact we see him growing from a singular cell to fully grown organism is pretty neat too.

I'd say he was better used octopus monster than Trilobite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed