Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 54,381 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I see just about anything I'm interested in in a theater. Can't get enough of it, it's my favorite place to be. Saw over 50 movies on the big screen last year.

Every so often I get a bad crowd that sours the experience, but it's been a little while since I've had a truly awful one (the most recent one that comes to mind was opening day of The Many Saints of Newark in 2021; took my dad to see the first showing of the first day, so you'd think it would be a crowd of people there that actually, you know, care about the movie they're going to see, but 90% of them sat there scrolling aimlessly on their phone from before the trailers even started straight through the film and into the credits. Never saw anything quite like it...).

SiL

SiL

#1066
Even if I had the time I don't have the money to go that often.

Nightmare Asylum

That's another bonus thing in my favor – my local theater chain offers an obscenely cheap subscription plan. For $20 USD/month (the price of a little more than one movie ticket, usually), I get to see three movies per month, including on premium screens like IMAX. Pretty absurd deal.

If I want to see anything beyond the three, I'll usually hold off for Tuesdays when tickets are discounted, and every so often I go to the local arthouse theater to see stuff that isn't playing at the big chain theaters (Perfect Days was my first trip back there in 2024 a couple weekends ago and I loved it), but by and large that $20, three tickets a month plan gets me by pretty steadily.

aliens13

aliens13

#1068
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2024, 08:22:48 AMSo yeah, I'd probably not really expect anything like that this time around.
Maybe it's for the best, the most of the people that goes to watch a movie never saw those viral campaigns ala Prometheus or Covenant and those videos have many elements that are important to the story of the movie. If you don't watch it, you won't know some things that happen in a movie, putting for example The Crossing in Covenant or the Prologue of Jurassic World Dominion

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

#1069
My local theater has now become a deluxe theater where there are like six seats per partition, so like 18 seats per row, but because these seats lay back, they take up like three rows of traditional seats.  There are probably a fifth of seats per screen than there used to be.

They also made it where instead of snacks (which you can still get) they offer food.  Like lunch and dinner.

So they got around the ticket loss with expensive as hell tickets.  A snack and a ticket is like 50 dollars at matinee.  Aint no way. 

Five movie tickets here and you could by a little taurus end of the world pistol.  f**king crazy. 

That theater should be in Nashville somewhere, not the little Po dunk town I live in Kentucky. 


Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Highland on Apr 09, 2024, 12:13:22 AMI save the cinema for big blockbusters ( Dune) or anything Alien or Predator. That's pretty much it.

I do the same. I only watch Alien, Predator, Dune,  Star Wars and Avatar movies in theaters.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2024, 12:55:32 AMI see just about anything I'm interested in in a theater. Can't get enough of it, it's my favorite place to be.
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2024, 01:09:53 AMThat's another bonus thing in my favor – my local theater chain offers an obscenely cheap subscription plan. For $20 USD/month (the price of a little more than one movie ticket, usually), I get to see three movies per month, including on premium screens like IMAX. Pretty absurd deal.

If I want to see anything beyond the three, I'll usually hold off for Tuesdays when tickets are discounted, and every so often I go to the local arthouse theater to see stuff that isn't playing at the big chain theaters (Perfect Days was my first trip back there in 2024 a couple weekends ago and I loved it), but by and large that $20, three tickets a month plan gets me by pretty steadily.

Same here! I love going to the theater for a movie. It's my favorite lil hobby/escape. I also have that AMC A-list and it is a good deal and very much worth it (not a #ad lol). We also have a film society theater that I go to semi-frequently that shows the more newer arthouse stuff, as well as some classics. I saw a screening of Alien there last year, as well as stuff like Seven Samurai and Argento's Opera.

Plus we have Alamo Drafthouse down here (Texas) and they do a lot of fun classic and obscure screenings all the time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

#1072
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 09, 2024, 02:03:05 AMPlus we have Alamo Drafthouse down here (Texas) and they do a lot of fun classic and obscure screenings all the time.

I wish we had them here.


BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#1073
I only go for "big" movies also. Oh and price inflation influenced me as well :laugh:

Last time I went was for The Batman.

Edit : nope it was for Mission Impossible 7 last summer actually.

BlueMarsalis79

I will go as often as I can, but the QFT definitely helps with that being affordable though.

Sharath

Sharath

#1075
Will Alien Re-Screening happen in India?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#1076
It doesn't seem like it, not sure though.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

#1077
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 09, 2024, 01:45:27 AM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 09, 2024, 12:13:22 AMI save the cinema for big blockbusters ( Dune) or anything Alien or Predator. That's pretty much it.

I do the same. I only watch Alien, Predator, Dune,  Star Wars and Avatar movies in theaters.

For me Alien, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Jurassic Park.

Prez

Prez

#1078
Quote from: SiL on Apr 09, 2024, 01:02:18 AMEven if I had the time I don't have the money to go that often.

Ditto. Even with cheap tickets ($12 via discounts), it all adds up when you got kids in school, a mortgage and the cost of living going through the roof, etc, etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News