Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 19, 2020, 12:28:43 PM

Author
Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88 (Read 10,952 times)

Kradan

Kradan

That sucks

Drukathi

Drukathi

Rest in Peace, Ian Holm. Great actor.

Immortan Jonesy

Sleep peacefully Mr. Holm.  :'(

aliens13

Every time that an actor of a movie that someone loves pass away... It's very sad and shocking.

Rest in peace Holm.

j0nesy

j0nesy

sad news to start the day :(

rest in peace

D88M

D88M

Come on 2020, take a break, is just bad news after bad news. He was a fantastic actor, rest in peace.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Rest in peace Ian Holm.

Evanus

Evanus

2020 sucks. Rest in peace, Ian.  :'(

Lost_Hunter

Rest In Peace Sir Ian Holm. Tremendously talented, he was great in everything, always gave a stand out performance. He will be missed.

All other priorities rescinded

DaveT316

DaveT316

You have my sympathies...

Munkeywrench

Rest in peace Ian Holm :'(

426Buddy

NOOOOOO!!

RIP

Whiskeybrewer

Was so sad hearing this on the news today.

A great actor who leaves behind a fantastic series of performances across all genres.

Perfect-Organism

A sad loss.  Great actor.  My sympathies.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2020, 12:28:43 PM
Aside from his role as Ash, he is perhaps best known to modern audiences for portraying Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's adaptations of J.R.R Tolkien's Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books.Ian is survived by his fourth wife, de Stempel, and five children from previous marriages. The thoughts of the Aliens vs. Predator Galaxy staff and community go out to Sir Holm's family and friends. Rest in peace, Holm.

Not to forget his excellent turn in Chariots of Fire (for which he got an Academy Award Nomination and BAFTA Win) that was filmed just after Alien. The Fifth Element was also another great sci-fi film in which he starred prominently:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2020, 12:45:30 PM
I never had the chance to meet Ian Holm which I really regret. It's so sad to see so many of the Alien family leave us lately. :( Rest in peace, Ian. Hope you're at that Nostromo breakfast table with John and Harry and Bolaji.

He seemed a bit reclusive, didn't attend conventions and stuff, so understandable. I understand he also declined voice work for Alien: Isolation?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed