Alien ripoffs and requels

Started by hawkangel, Aug 26, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

Author
Alien ripoffs and requels (Read 97,047 times)

hawkangel

hawkangel

These types of films fascinate me.
You know the ones...mostly they are Italian films with English dubbing but others are low budget American sci-fi movies.
For the most part, they try to emulate the original movie.

I own three of them on blu-ray and I've made it my life mission to collect all of them once released on blu-ray just for fun. :)

Here are the ones I own :

Alien 2

Contamination (Also known as Alien Contamination) :

Galaxy of Terror :

There is a full list here :

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/the-8-most-blatant-alien-rip-offs

Anyone seen any of these?

windebieste

windebieste

Bravo!  You have excellent taste in lurid junk.

I don't have any of these - wish I did.

-Windebieste.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Wasn't the "Alien 2: On Earth" movie just an Italian attempt at "Aliens"? Thought it got canceled, let alone be on Blu-Ray.

cyperon

cyperon

I hope this is an appropriate section for this topic. 1979's Alien was a game-changer as we all know. And it didn't take long for filmmakers to start churning out cash-ins inspired by the Alien formula.

James Cameron himself even worked on some of these projects before moving on to his success with The Terminator and of course, Aliens.

Here are some examples that I can think of right off the top of my head.

I'd really like to know of any more, other than the films I have listed here. I enjoy watching them.

Mutant (aka Forbidden World) - A fun movie. The creature, as you can see in this poster is very much like the one brought onto the Nostromo from LV-426. If you haven't seen it, it's available to watch free on YouTube -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1eQlpyAaI

Return of the Aliens: The Deadly Spawn - an all-time favorite of mine. This is not so much a 'rip-off' of Alien, but they did attempt to capitalize with the 'Return of the Aliens' nudge. Very good movie, though. I highly recommend it. It also has a sequel called 'Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor' which is very entertaining as well.

Promoted as Alien 2 in Europe, I believe.

Inseminoid - I haven't actually seen this one yet, but will. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OyqqWNwfKc

I haven't seen this one yet, either. Just learned of it, actually. It is apparently an almost blatant rip-off of Aliens, but with a tinge of Terminator, and it was promoted in Europe as 'Terminator 2.' It's primary title now is Shocking Dark. Also on YouTube. Gonna check it out soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ca1N4hFFQk

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Those look really cool. Thank you for sharing!

I always liked Moon 44, which def. has the LV426 feel to it, even tho there are no Aliens of any kind :laugh:

hawkangel

hawkangel

Where did my original post go? The result of merging gone wrong?
At any rate, yeah, I own three of them : Contamination, Alien 2 and Galax of fear on blu-ray.

windebieste

windebieste

Hah!  I was wondering the same thing...  I did reply to it.  I Looove this shit.  Not because it's any good.  Rather, I love it because it's bad

-Windebieste.

Master

Master

I made an article about alien rip-offs and actually watched . I can recommend Forbidden World a.k.a. Mutant! I really do. I love main hero in it. He is such cool guy. And it contains substential ammount of nude babes ;D

The Alien Predator

Quote from: hawkangel on Aug 27, 2016, 04:02:38 AM
Where did my original post go? The result of merging gone wrong?
At any rate, yeah, I own three of them : Contamination, Alien 2 and Galax of fear on blu-ray.

I was wondering the same thing, I was gonna ask "didn't we have another thread like this?"

Scorpio

Scorpio

My favourite:

Valaquen

Kaltes

Kaltes

The first poster almost made me laugh.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 27, 2016, 06:24:24 PM
The first poster almost made me laugh.

"HI THERE MATE!"  ;D

windebieste

windebieste

Ah, Roger Corman... one of the truly great film makers.  A man who genuinely understands the real value of exploitation cinema.

After all, he did give us 'Sharktopus'. 

Now, if NECA would care to make an action figure of sharktopus, I would buy it.  Especially if it came with wire core tentacles and a bikini clad accessory.

-Windebieste.

cyperon

cyperon

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 27, 2016, 02:42:51 PM
My favourite:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Xtro-Poster.jpg/220px-Xtro-Poster.jpg

Xtro is very cool. It went pretty crazy with the alien creature's nature and it's amalgamation with the kid's dad and all, but I enjoy it.

Quote from: Master on Aug 27, 2016, 08:24:08 AM
I made an article about alien rip-offs and actually watched . I can recommend Forbidden World a.k.a. Mutant! I really do. I love main hero in it. He is such cool guy. And it contains substential ammount of nude babes ;D

Definitely. Especially Dawn Dunlap  :o

I just remembered this one, also. Circa 1996 or so? Death Machine. It has a total Aliens vibe. Cool movie. It was on Netflix, recently, but not sure if it's still there:

Also, Forbidden World (Mutant) was remade in 1991, featuring a young Bryan Cranston. It was titled Dead Space. You can watch it on YouTube as well:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed