Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 492,805 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

He probably hasn't seen either version :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Bloody pity.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Unhealthy if you ask me, he should face his past that is Alien 3... and let us watch... and maybe ask a few questions.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hey TQ what was it you were telling me about a missed phone call? Was it Fincher/Lauzirika?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I know Lauzirika mentioned that in an interview podcast. In fact... I think it might actually be his recent AVPG interview episode.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Sounds about right.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 12, 2021, 02:31:52 AM
He probably hasn't seen either version :laugh:

:laugh:

It's not funny, yet it is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeesh.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep that's a shame. Sounds like f**king PTSD for him.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 12, 2021, 02:34:10 AM
Unhealthy if you ask me, he should face his past that is Alien 3... and let us watch... and maybe ask a few questions.

Man gave the best he could to the movie but was f**ked over by the people above him and has every right to feel the way he does

426Buddy

426Buddy

What? I didn't say he should feel any different about the film or that he needs to change his mind on anything at all ???

Aside from trying to be a bit humorous, I meant that I want to hear him talk about the experience retrospectively, because I'm a fan of his and A3.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm sorry. It's just applying word "unhealthy" to Fincher's relationship with Alien 3 bugged me the wrong way. Trust me, I'd love to hear him talk about his experience working on Alien 3 as any other fan. But I also understand and respect his opinion if he doesn't want to and won't ever want to do it

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Aliens is my favorite because its kic*ss action, its highly quotable, lore building (a la Queen Alien), Aesthetic; I love close quarters of colonist structures and blue lighting. I was inpressed how it made dred palpable, when the marines land yoy are like "oh no.. your walking into a trap,"; the viewer is Ripley, aware its going to be bad, and that makes it frightening again, the anticipation.

I will say Alien gets into horror of facehugger, the chestburster, and Xenomorph. Alien is psychologically terrifying, even on rewatches; I get ill watching it and that is perfection, its suppose to. But Aliens feels more optimistic, you have good guys (marines) and bad guys (Xenos) which gives it its war theme; even western. It is for the reasons I said earlier and that I can watch Aliens over and over and not get ill that Its my favorite.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I gotta say this: as much as I like Alien3 and have usually defended it, I'm beginning to think the only films worth constant repeated watchings are the original first two.

Don't get me started on the three films that came after Alien3. I don't care for them much. 1979 still has the edge ever so slightly from me.

Maybe I'm more open now to a retcon of Alien3.... I'll admit I have not heard much about Blomkamp's script, but if a retcon happens IMHO the xenos need to come to Ripley and not vice versa. I don't see her leaving Newt behind, and especially not bringing Newt to battle. I think the aliens need to arrive on earth somehow.

skhellter

skhellter

The Gibson Alien 3 comic, audible drama (and soon the novelization) exist.

If i'm in the mood for the mean lean Sam Peckinpah-ish nihilistic finish, the assembly cut is there.
If i'm in the mood for a follow up that is more in line with Cameron's sensibility, the gibson stuff is there.

Why stick with just one? :D

(i'd say the Gibson stuff is probably way better than what Blomkamp cooked up..)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed