GAME UPDATE ACROSS ALL FORMATS NOW AVAILABLE - INCLUDING TWO NEW DIFFICULTY MODE

Started by Taxemic, Dec 09, 2014, 05:44:14 PM

Author
GAME UPDATE ACROSS ALL FORMATS NOW AVAILABLE - INCLUDING TWO NEW DIFFICULTY MODE (Read 17,537 times)

TheBATMAN

Managed to get to St. Cristabel medical without dying on nightmare mode. One hell of a tense experience. But jesus is the Alien relentless now, and the motion tracker is next to useless.

newbeing

Managed to beat the game on Nightmare mode yesterday. For the most part it felt pretty similar to Hard difficulty, with the only major difference being the almost total lack of supplies given throughout the game. It was also pretty surprising how quickly flamethrower fuel could be used, but I never found myself running out. There also seemed to be a great amount of ethanol lying around, so I had plenty of Molotov cocktails on hand.

The only major difference I noticed with the Alien, besides the fact that second chances were taken out, was (I think) it could spot the light coming from the molotovs when I had them equipped. This could have been in my head though.

Had I gone from Medium to Nightmare I probably would have noticed a much greater change in difficulty, but currently Nightmare seems like a small step up from Hard.

PsyKore

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 22, 2014, 02:43:34 PM
it could spot the light coming from the molotovs when I had them equipped. This could have been in my head though.

He does that on hard as well, but I didn't notice if his response time to it is ramped up on nightmare or not. He'll also spot the light from the flamethrower. Pulling out one of those items when hiding under a table or something while he's around can be instant death. It's a pretty nice touch, I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed