Talk Show Promotion

Started by Vickers, May 24, 2012, 08:16:11 AM

Author
Talk Show Promotion (Read 16,775 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Charlize was on Ellen and Jay Leno where she promoted Prometheus.  Just a heads up.  I'm not sure which clips were shown but I can imagine it would be something involving her character and not the Prometheus landing clip.  And they very rarely play trailers instead of clips on talk shows.

Vickers Valiant

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Vickers Valiant on May 24, 2012, 08:52:51 AM
This was posted by Viscal over here:

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1127/new-prometheus-clip-from-the-jay-leno-show-spoilers#Item_20

Here is the video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr0zxv_www-prometheusforum-net_shortfilms

Oh, thank you! ;D

I wonder who she's referring to?  Perhaps
Spoiler
Peter Weyland
[close]
?  And then of course, I wonder *what* she's referring to?

I'm thinking
Spoiler
David's been instructed to carry out some really questionable orders that ultimately sets off a chain of events and puts everyone's lives in danger.  David might not have been successful at first, whatever the task may have been, and Peter insisted he try harder.  Vickers sensed there's a deep agenda at play and she's pushing David for details.  I'm thinking this is only a small glimpse of the last part of her confrontation.
[close]

I might be way off but the clip is certainly successful in making me excited to see how everything plays out.

Symn

Symn

Helloooo:

http://t.co/43y2kwfc
Can anyone hear what Vickers is saying exactly?

WARNING: can contain possible plot information

x-M-x

x-M-x

I, reckon it's the engineer

Symn

Symn

I cant make out what Vicky is saying here. Something like 'I will find a court and make sure ill cut it' ?? Anyone?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 09:38:30 AM
I cant make out what Vicky is saying here. Something like 'I will find a court and make sure ill cut it' ?? Anyone?

I will find the 'cord' 

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 09:38:30 AM

Spoiler
Words to the effect of: "Tell me, or so help me God, I'll find the cord that makes you run and I'll cut it!!!"
[close]

By the way, I suppose that Vickers didn't get the memo...
Spoiler
It's almost never a good idea to piss off an android in the Alien universe!
[close]

-MCJ

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: mcj5644 on May 24, 2012, 09:43:11 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Well, this is the prequel after all.  So not her fault. ;) :laugh:

Symn

Symn

Ahh.. That does make (a little) more sence.

Bladdiblah..

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 09:44:52 AM
Quote from: mcj5644 on May 24, 2012, 09:43:11 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Well, this is the prequel after all.  So not her fault. ;) :laugh:

Touché, um, Vickers...  {{awkward}}

-MCJ

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Ohohohohoooomy GOD. Very tense, I loved David's shaken continuation of 'confidential'.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 09:12:01 AM
Helloooo:

Nice catch!!

Text and Spoilers below!!

Spoiler
V: What did he say David
D: I don't think he would want me to tell you.
V: What did he say?
D: I'm sorry that's confid - (gets pushed to the wall) - ential.
V: So help me God, I will find the cords (unclear: [I will] make sure [which one]) and then I will cut it.
V Desperate Now: What did he say?
D: He said - try harder.

They are undoubtedly talking about Peter Weyland and his life support. She wants to cut his support to stop taking orders from him. This way - she can inherit the company. Weyland's order are undoubtedly to find something that can prolong his life. After she had failed numerous times -  or just met with no success, David goes to consult with Weyland in his sleeping chamber. Weyland tells her to try harder. David passes the message along - however heart breaking it may be.
[close]

Qwertify

Qwertify

V: What did he say David?
V: So help me God, I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it.

They are undoubtedly talking about Peter Weyland and his life support. She wants to cut his support to stop taking orders from him. This way - she can inherit the company. Weyland's order are undoubtedly to find something that can prolong his life. After she had failed numerous times -  or just met with no success, so David goes to consult with Weyland in his sleeping chamber. Weyland tells her to try harder. David passes the message along - however heart breaking it may be.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 09:52:40 AM
Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 09:12:01 AM
Helloooo:

Nice catch!!

Text and Spoilers below!!

Spoiler
V: What did he say David
V: So help me God, I will find the cords (unclear: [I will] make sure [which one]) and then I will cut it.

They are undoubtedly talking about Peter Weyland and his life support. She wants to cut his support to stop taking orders from him. This way - she can inherit the company. Weyland's order are undoubtedly to find something that can prolong his life. After she had failed numerous times -  or just met with no success, David goes to consult with Weyland in his sleeping chamber. Weyland tells her to try harder. David passes the message along - however heart breaking it may be.
[close]

I think she said,
Spoiler
"I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it." - basically referring to the fact David is an android.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed