Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,442 times)

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 22, 2022, 07:54:23 PMLet's not forget that the Predator is hunting on Naru's turf . Unlike Dutch, Harrigan, and royce, who had to fight their final battles on unfamiliar grounds: Naru has the home field advantage, she knows the lay of the land better than the Predator. Imagine the Predator chasing her and she makes a sharp left and dives into a small cave network that he can't fit through and roars in frustration. She pulls a John Rambo on him, with well placed traps and arrows. It'll be like Last Blood, only the story won't suck this time.

I don't know man, her strategy against bear sucked and only confirmed what her tribe thinks, that she can't hunt. From trailer we see she was on open field with bear, her arrow didn't do much damage, she didn't have any shelter and couldn't climb on any high position. She didn't prepare any trap for the bear either.

So, she wasn't prepared at all with backup plan or something, Predator saved her, or she would be killed by a bear. Obviously Predator spared her life because she was not worthy to him, he could easily finish her after the bear.

And now, she will develop her skills in short period of time against Predator ? Only thing that would maybe work is if Predator becomes some kind of mentor for her.

Kradan

Kradan

Alright, I stayed from this argument long enough but here're my two cents:

Am I the only one who thinks that once movie comes out the whole "debate" won't stop but will go on even stronger ? And both sides will have enough arguments to back up their loud opinions ? I say "both sides" because something tells me that not only these who "anti-woke" are so called "loud minority" but so are also these who I for simplicity sake will call "pro-woke". I think majority of viewers don't bother arguing such stuff and just hope movie's gonna be good

I don't give a damn whether or not our heroine is gonna be a worthy match for Predator. She maybe a terrible huntress, she may totally and completely suck at hunting. It doesn't matter as long as there's some interesting story around it, some character development, growth. OK, she may be completely unprepared to deal with a Predator. Great, let's see what she's gonna do with that problem, how she's gonna take him down ! Maybe she won't, maybe Predator will survive for a change. Maybe she even won't be the one being hunted ! I haven't really dug into plot details but as I understand she has a brother, strong and physical Commanche,, A MALE !!!! Maybe Predator will hunt him while she'll do her best to save him and to survive herself using her smarts and knowledge of surroundings ? And Predator is gonna be all like "Huh, who is this, maybe I'll ought to pay more attention to this specimen ??" Why not ? Only because Dutch beat JH certain way doesn't mean there're no others ! Stop f**king going back to 1987 one, stop it ! Go to the board, Dan, make it work, make it fun and exciting, surprise me, goddamit !

Corporal Hicks

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eJ1yBJ

QuoteThe Prey hero assets (Predator Mask)
Responsible for Modeling Predator Mask (Hero Assets A++ )

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Jun 23, 2022, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 22, 2022, 07:54:23 PMLet's not forget that the Predator is hunting on Naru's turf . Unlike Dutch, Harrigan, and royce, who had to fight their final battles on unfamiliar grounds: Naru has the home field advantage, she knows the lay of the land better than the Predator. Imagine the Predator chasing her and she makes a sharp left and dives into a small cave network that he can't fit through and roars in frustration. She pulls a John Rambo on him, with well placed traps and arrows. It'll be like Last Blood, only the story won't suck this time.

I don't know man, her strategy against bear sucked and only confirmed what her tribe thinks, that she can't hunt. From trailer we see she was on open field with bear, her arrow didn't do much damage, she didn't have any shelter and couldn't climb on any high position. She didn't prepare any trap for the bear either.

So, she wasn't prepared at all with backup plan or something, Predator saved her, or she would be killed by a bear. Obviously Predator spared her life because she was not worthy to him, he could easily finish her after the bear.

And now, she will develop her skills in short period of time against Predator ? Only thing that would maybe work is if Predator becomes some kind of mentor for her.

We didn't see the full scene yet, so let's wait for that shall we ?  ;)

And it is character development. Make your character evolve through struggle and tough situations, especially with limited time. If the character stays the same from start to finish, what's the point ?

Dutch went from spec ops with big guns to bush man who barely speaks. Naru will go from maybe naive wannabe warrior/huntress to confirmed warrior/huntress probably.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 23, 2022, 01:50:43 PMhttps://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/050/738/776/large/aakash-verma-prey-trailer-main.jpg?1655566653

I so f**king love the design of this shield.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 23, 2022, 01:50:43 PMhttps://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/050/738/776/large/aakash-verma-prey-trailer-main.jpg?1655566653

I don't understand what this is. Did this guy make the 3d models that were used? I thought initially something was for sale on that page

Immortan Jonesy

A Predator's hand fan was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that shield for first time.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 23, 2022, 02:23:53 AMThat verbiage....

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

I guess at this point, everyone feels like they have to come up with the next bigger or badder Predator.  Would keeping the same design really be too boring?

BlueMarsalis79

Bit worrying considering prior deviations.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

At least we got a different color scheme going on. Last time we strayed from the usual yellow and black coloring that wasn't part of a bigger/badder Predator trope going on, was in Predator 2 with City Hunter having his unique coloring. Stan Winston himself said that Predators come in different colorings like snakes do and I loved that idea but films never follow on it as it always gotta be an homage to the original and the original is good but new is needed.

Very curious for the different Predator type from a different part of the Predator homeworld angle they are introducing. After so many bigger/badder Predator trope being pulled on half the Predator series, it starts to sour on my expectations on new Predator ideas. Hope they pull this off.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

The irony here is that the design did change. Several times.

BlueMarsalis79

Could be she's saying "can change and be loved by the fans."

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 23, 2022, 05:50:52 PMCould be she's saying "can change and be loved by the fans."

that's what it seems like to me.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 23, 2022, 02:37:17 PM

I guess at this point, everyone feels like they have to come up with the next bigger or badder Predator.  Would keeping the same design really be too boring?

I like the idea of ethnic diversity in the Predator creatures. But I like consistency too and it is a bit of a stretch to have radically new creature every film.

Ultimately, the root of it is when you're hired to do design on a film, the last thing you do is say: "well, they did all the cool design work for the last film, let's just re-use that." That is in no way exciting for them. The ALIEN wasn't consistent from film to film -- yes, the basic idea was there, but they did differ quite a lot.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jun 24, 2022, 04:30:12 AM"well, they did all the cool design work for the last film, let's just re-use that."

This is my biggest fear with two Alien projects concurrently in development for the first time ever. I really, really hope that the Aliens being designed for Hawley's show aren't just dropped into Alvarez's film as well, as some kind of cost-saving thing or attempt at shoehorned consistency. I want more than anything for each particular project to get their own stab at designing the creature (and everything else in the show/film, frankly) from the ground up independently of one another.

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed