Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 117,674 times)

Corporal Hicks

No, it's true, Vul. One of the Fox Community guys has it up on his Twitter too.

http://twitter.com/#!/20thFoxCC

I've emailed for comments on what this means for the future of the franchise.

draken161

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 14, 2011, 11:55:24 PM
People, this is an alien film, period. Now, it might be a different incarnation of the creature itself, but 'alien dna' means an earlier incarnation of the creature.

QuoteOn January 14, 2010, 20th Century Fox announced the prequel will carry the title "Prometheus" and will be released March 9, 2012.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 14, 2011, 11:59:13 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Jan 14, 2011, 11:57:41 PM
First reaction? I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.

So far everything we've heard about the prequel has been 99% bull, no reason to suspect this is otherwise.

Seeing as they have a direct quote from Ridley, I'd say it's confirmed.
"I hate apple pie"-Ridley Scott
c wut I did thar?

But anyways, it is, unfortunately, true...

TheMonolith

I'm sad too. I was interested as to just what would be told in a prequel. Something about the Jockeys would have been interesting.
There are a few upsides however. For example, the orgin of the Alien will remain a mystery, if only for a little while longer.
Maybe someone will come along with a post 3 but pre Res story that will be worthwhile in a few years.

Jay Thomas

:-(  Really really bummed about this. With the new film would have come more novels, which I'm really craving. :-(

RazorSlash

Predator has redeemed itself after AvP, but Alien doesn't?

I'm out.

Ghostface

Ahh I'm gutted. This is horrible news. C'mon Cameron, I'm looking to you for a new Alien film now!

Vulhala

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 15, 2011, 12:00:06 AM
No, it's true, Vul. One of the Fox Community guys has it up on his Twitter too.

http://twitter.com/#!/20thFoxCC

I've emailed for comments on what this means for the future of the franchise.

Well, that's just f***ed my Friday night right up.

Now, where did I leave the JD?.....

Nope

Nope

Darn. This sucks.

SpaceMarines

Well, slight disappointment, that's what I'm feeling. Would've been good to get a new Alien film, and one that had a rather large chance of not sucking, to boot.

But, I'm glad to be getting a new sci-fi film from Riddles. Between this, Brave New World, and my personal sci-fi wet dream-film The Forever War, it seems that great things will be coming from Ridley in the next few years.

Sharp Sticks

High expectations for this and The Forever War. Ridley's going to have to go all Blade Runner on us again before I get over being bitter.

chupacabras acheronsis

well shit.

so its a different universe or a story apart from the alien?

Vulhala

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 15, 2011, 12:28:39 AM
well shit.

so its a different universe or a story apart from the alien?

Same universe, less Alien.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 15, 2011, 12:23:42 AM
Well, slight disappointment, that's what I'm feeling. Would've been good to get a new Alien film, and one that had a rather large chance of not sucking, to boot.

But, I'm glad to be getting a new sci-fi film from Riddles. Between this, Brave New World, and my personal sci-fi wet dream-film The Forever War, it seems that great things will be coming from Ridley in the next few years.

You've pretty much nailed how I feel right now. If he feels he can't improve on the original, it's better to move sideways and start again.

Jay Thomas

I wouldn't mind if the film didn't have the xenomorph in it, but it still took place in the same universe. That would be cool. Maybe Space Jockey action and a hint of what's to come... But a whole different movie? At what point were they like, "okay, everywhere there was a chest burster scene, we're gunna replace that with a shot of Charlize Theron being awesome."

suuuuuucks.

TheMonolith

Quote from: RazorSlash on Jan 15, 2011, 12:15:57 AM
Predator has redeemed itself after AvP, but Alien doesn't?

I'm out.
http://www.pixagen.com/storage/b3s/stewie-gun.gif
Well now they have an equal amount of good installments. That's something.

I wonder what kind of visuals we will get. If Giger still is on board, we could see an entire world from him. Maybe even some old concept art from Alien could be used for inspiration, like those wierd pyramid like things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed