Guy Pearce would be open to returning as Weyland

Started by Lemonade, Jun 18, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

Author
Guy Pearce would be open to returning as Weyland (Read 24,278 times)

SM

I'd be surprised - if it did ever happen - if it was anything more than holograms.

Lemonade

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 11:38:04 PM
I'd be surprised - if it did ever happen - if it was anything more than holograms.

This. Maybe David accesses some more Weyland Industries files, and we get more young Pearce.

Could they logically implement the Weyland Yacht scene that was cut, somehow?

SM

bzzzt
WEYLAND INDUSTRIES - BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Hello friends.  My name is Peter Weyland, and though you can't see her, right now I'm being blown by Miss September.

Ghostface

Maybe someone will find Weyland's old instagram account, acting like a British Dan Bilzerian

Spoonman101

Wasn't Guy Pearce in Momento?

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2014, 01:23:53 AM
bzzzt
WEYLAND INDUSTRIES - BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Hello friends.  My name is Peter Weyland, and though you can't see her, right now I'm being blown by Miss September.

Thanks for spoiling the movie, SM. Thanks.  ::)

:D

Lemonade

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 20, 2014, 01:46:42 AM
Wasn't Guy Pearce in Momento?

No, that was Gary Oldman. You're thinking of Hannibal.

Ghostface

No it was Guy

Lemonade

Spoonman101

Gary Oldman? As in the cheif of the police in Batman? Hahahahhahaha!

Ghostface

He was also the star of Bad Grandpa

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright, how's this. For reasons not logical, David08's head insists that Shaw recover Weylands Body and put it on ice for their trip to the engineer home world. Out of sheer convenience. Shaw agrees to this after David08 reminds her of the TRILLION bucks Weyland corp put up to fiance this debacle. Once there the engineers resurrect Weyland. God does not approve of this and sends man xenomorph. The ship of course never makes it to earth.

BringbackJonesy!

One of the biggest disappointments I had with PROMETHEUS was the fact that it didn't include any footage of Guy Pearce as a younger Peter Weyland. 

I loved the whole TEDTalk sequence in the futuristic arena, and that's why my copy of Agent9's PROMETHEUS:Special Edition fan edit is my go to version, seeing as it's included at the beginning.

As I still feel that Pearce deserved a moment in his prime in the original, I'd be more than happy to see even a flashback involving him in some way in the sequel.  Not that I think his character will be included again in any way in the next one, but who knows at this point?

Lemonade

Where can one watch this fan edit? Or any fan edit, for that matter?

SM

TED talk is way too long in the context of the film.  It doesn't do anything to advance the plot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed