John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise

Started by ace3g, Aug 14, 2015, 02:05:12 AM

Author
John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise (Read 36,849 times)

pred169

pred169

The Elder in Predator 2 more or less had some... acknowledgement of Harrigan's accomplishment, but the attitude was more like: "Hey, you won.. here's a cookie, now get the f**k off my ship."

I literally fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard. [emoji23]

koushik sen

koushik sen

it is not clear that what will be the story line,as per last film predators,where it ends,lets find the way out of this planet,from this dialog this next movie can be start and run for it,same cast can be arrange,some twist can be put,instead of returning earth they are visiting the predators planet,and found some other things which can be amazed to viewers,... 

Anonymous

Anonymous

In predator 2, at the end, dany glover gets a weapon as a gift where is writen 1715 on it. Why nobody directs a true predator 3 with this background. This weapon could be a good thing to bring the predator on a setting like pirates of caribean, where the predator hunts pirates and shipmens in a carribean setting.

Corporal Hicks

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see them be brave and do.

Engineer

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 19, 2015, 05:16:28 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Aug 19, 2015, 09:00:41 AM
Thanks for reminding me of that bit, Rakai. I guess Arnie is known in the sense that he is searchable on their databases. Since this is an entire race, I think some Predators may recognize Arnie, while others would be ignorant.

Mind you I don't consider the novelization of Predator 2 as canon, as there are some things which contradict the film but I would think that there is something going on with Predators being aware of losses happening on Earth. I would think that most Predators know that there have been losses on other world, but most.. just couldn't care less. It happens quite a lot, and it's expected for them to die on the hunt, really.

Unless you count PREDATORS into the formula, then Noland's words could apply,  you know the whole: "Everytime we kill one of them, that's when they get REAL interested" may apply perhaps to the Super Predators. Not so sure about the normal Predators though but I just think they wouldn't care.

The Elder in Predator 2 more or less had some... acknowledgement of Harrigan's accomplishment, but the attitude was more like: "Hey, you won.. here's a cookie, now get the f**k off my ship."

Oh my gawd! Dude! If you want to read a movie novelization that's soooo wildly different than the movie it's supposed to be based on, you should check out the first predator novelization! I'm pretty sure it was written based solely on the original script and the writer probably never bothered to change it after seeing the actual movie. The predator itself, if I remember correctly was the weird reptilian beetle thing that was originally planned befor Stan Winston got involved, running around with a sword and had the ability to shape shift into birds and such for some reason... I have the book, and read snippets then stopped. It wasn't predator! It was weird! Only real similarities were the character names and the book's cover had arnie in the crosshairs on it...

Corporal Hicks

That's the fun of reading novelizations! To see how things changed!

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2015, 07:29:40 AM
That's the fun of reading novelizations! To see how things changed!

Yea, I got the novelization to ehance my appreciation of the movie; see what the predator was thinking rather than just what it sees... That sort of thing. It did indeed enhance my appreciation of the movie, only in a very different way; I caught a glimpse of the B monster movie that almost was... Lol

Just out of curiosity, hicks- have you read it? Or has anyone around here read it?

Corporal Hicks

I haven't read the Predator ones - haven't actually looked for a while to be honest. Read the Alien and AvP one though.

HuDaFuK

I have. The first Predator novel is kinda whack... :)

I just really don't like it's take on the monster. It's interesting how different it is but it's also vastly inferior to the version the film (and Stan Winston!) gave us. I also didn't like how most of the human characters came across as assholes rather than lovable badasses. The movie definitely softened them a lot.

Still, nice to know what really happened to Billy :P

Definitely my least favourite of all the novelisations. The Predator 2 novel is amazing though.

THE CITY HUNTER

Predator 4 is the only movie i am excited about crying over alien 3 and dont care about Prometheus thank god  it was a sequel because both of my favorite film franchise was going to be rebooted and retconned.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 25, 2015, 07:47:12 AM

I just really don't like it's take on the monster. It's interesting how different it is but it's also vastly inferior to the version the film (and Stan Winston!) gave us. I also didn't like how most of the human characters came across as assholes rather than lovable badasses. The movie definitely softened them a lot.

Definitely my least favourite of all the novelisations. The Predator 2 novel is amazing though.
I'm honestly a little surprised to hear you say predator 2's novelization was amazing! Just a couple of weeks ago you were saying its deviations from the film make it non-canon, but I understand that it's still worthy of appreciation as a standalone! :-).

But yes, I completely agree! Predator's novelization portrayed the creature terribly! I kind of like the fact that all the characters came off as complete assholes, though. Seems more realistic for a bunch of hardened soldiers.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 25, 2015, 06:01:20 PMJust a couple of weeks ago you were saying its deviations from the film make it non-canon, but I understand that it's still worthy of appreciation as a standalone! :-).

Was I?

Even if I did, the fact it doesn't quite gel with the film doesn't stop it being a really enjoyable read.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 25, 2015, 06:43:01 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 25, 2015, 06:01:20 PMJust a couple of weeks ago you were saying its deviations from the film make it non-canon, but I understand that it's still worthy of appreciation as a standalone! :-).

Was I?

Even if I did, the fact it doesn't quite gel with the film doesn't stop it being a really enjoyable read.

Well, no not exactly. I was stretching the truth quite a bit actually... But not intentionally though; More so due to a faulty memory. Lol. My bad!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 09, 2015, 03:02:04 PM
I didn't wanna bring the novel into it because, you know, it's not the film, but yes, the book makes it abundantly clear the Predator is specifically following Harrigan.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 25, 2015, 07:47:12 AM

I'm curious about what happened to Billy. Would you mind spoiling it for me?

DUB1

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 22, 2015, 02:37:57 AM
Oh my gawd! Dude! If you want to read a movie novelization that's soooo wildly different than the movie it's supposed to be based on, you should check out the first predator novelization! I'm pretty sure it was written based solely on the original script and the writer probably never bothered to change it after seeing the actual movie. The predator itself, if I remember correctly was the weird reptilian beetle thing that was originally planned befor Stan Winston got involved, running around with a sword and had the ability to shape shift into birds and such for some reason... I have the book, and read snippets then stopped. It wasn't predator! It was weird! Only real similarities were the character names and the book's cover had arnie in the crosshairs on it...

I'd love to see the Predator that we got take on the original one. Or to see the original get it's own movie. Am I the only one that wouldn't mind the latter? Just call it something other than Predator, of course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed