Predator Spaceships

Started by Wweyland, Aug 15, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

Author
Predator Spaceships (Read 3,923 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have compiled a list of Predator spaceships from the movies, games and comic books:
https://www.avpcentral.com/predator-spaceships

Apart from the wildly different designs, I liked how Wolf could arrive from Yautja Prime in like 10 minutes when The Rage War establishes that Yautja Prime is very very far and needs numerous "drops" through dropholes (and they have 700 years of better tech).

The Old One

The Old One

Great article, this was really interesting- makes me wonder if Berserker was testing if Royce would attempt to escape or come back,
that other humans had tried something similar before- hence the link to the ship...

Wysps

Wysps

"The bird of prey is the most ridiculous Predator spaceship design yet."  Yes, yes it is.  That little face painted on the end of it though.

Definitely interesting how both the Berserker and the Cruficied Predators had links to the same ship.  Kind of goes against the Rage War idea that each ship is engineered/linked to one specific Predator (designed by and for them alone) and not shared.  Even if that's not the case (since Predators came first), makes me wonder how both of them ended up with privileges to the same vessel.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Nice article! Some amusing designs between the Chicken and the Bird of Prey ships. The BoP one kind of reminds me of the fighter jets with shark jaws painted on. Also, never noticed the larger ship in the backgroung of Wolf's little jet. I kind of wish we saw a little more details to their world after that little glimpse.

Yeah the Berserker predator having access to Crucified's ship does make you wonder how this are. Maybe Berserker just gained access to the ship after beating Crucified and removing his armor. The ship seems a bit too big to just hold one predator so idk of such large ships would just be designated to one predator to begin with though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Chicken ship just makes me chuckle as a f**king name! I wonder if that was ever actually given a nickname by the developers? Isn't there a second ship in Classic? Is it the same design?

Nice compilation, Weyland.  :)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2018, 07:33:58 AM
Chicken ship just makes me chuckle as a f**king name! I wonder if that was ever actually given a nickname by the developers? Isn't there a second ship in Classic? Is it the same design?

Nice compilation, Weyland.  :)
Thanks and cheers for the Twitter retweet.
AvP 1999 also contains the "Classic Predator Spaceship" that shows up at the end of the Fury 161 level to pick you up.
It is in brown color like the Chicken Ship. I gave it the name myself, but maybe the game assets have a different name.
I just realized the AvP 1999 Predator has a very similar role to Wolf, who went to clean up a mess caused by another Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Always found Prince's ship very stylized in AVP2. One of my favourite for sure.

Nice find by the way  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I used to think it was supposed to be an interpretation of the Predator 2 ship.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2018, 07:29:50 AM

You should still think that because you're right.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 17, 2018, 09:47:44 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2018, 07:29:50 AM

You should still think that because you're right.

Yeah i totally see that, and it's one of the best interpretation/variation IMO

Wweyland

Wweyland

We see the Lost Tribe ship only from the backside, although there are some models (like the NECA Cinemachines one) that show the full ship. I wonder what they are based on, perhaps they built the full ship model for Predator 2 but only showed the backside (and it's visible in some making-of video).

SiL

SiL

I don't think it was ever a model, was it? All you see in the film is just a small piece of set and a matte painting.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Yeah maybe the NECA guys just designed the full ship themselves.
The Predator 2 comic shows the full ship but it basically looks like a brown version of the Classic Ship.

SM

SM

Yeah I always thought it looked like a matte painting.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 17, 2018, 11:38:21 AM
Yeah maybe the NECA guys just designed the full ship themselves.
The Predator 2 comic shows the full ship but it basically looks like a brown version of the Classic Ship.
What they designed is quite accurate with what is shown in that matte painting, even that insect like up swept spike on the background. Not sure if I prefer the AvP2 version or the cinemachines (and I even had decent concept art for the AvP2 one one day but it seems I lost it years ago.)...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed