The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,442 times)

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

ELDERCLANLEADER just because you can settle for mediocrity doesn't mean the rest of have to. It does look bad, you just cant see it because you suffer from blind loyalty. Its ok I understand there are whole groups of people who will take anything they shove down the pipe and find reasons to justify it. THIS WILL BE THE MARVEL PREDATOR MOVIE

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: brokentusk420 on May 11, 2018, 09:09:56 PM
ELDERCLANLEADER just because you can settle for mediocrity doesn't mean the rest of have to. It does look bad, you just cant see it because you suffer from blind loyalty. Its ok I understand there are whole groups of people who will take anything they shove down the pipe and find reasons to justify it. THIS WILL BE THE MARVEL PREDATOR MOVIE

Dont speak for " The Rest " champion. It's cool you are not a fan and that's ok. No need to get upset at the people who like it though :) :)

For the record, i've never seen a Marvel movie so i have no idea what you mean :D :D

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Ramjet311 im pretty sure i wasnt talking to you or even about you. You like it fine, good luck with that.

Lionhart

Lionhart

What do you mean with marvel predator movie?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

And maybe you lack of filmmaking knowledge ? Just asking  ;)

Gigerfan 1

Gigerfan 1

Don't knock it until you see it. It's like saying Alien series sucked without seeing the movies.there are a lot of fans out there who will roast you,as it should be.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Slightly restored faith.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lionhart on May 11, 2018, 07:54:11 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on May 11, 2018, 07:52:36 PM
That article keeps calling him Quint instead of Quinn.

Thanks for posting Lionheart.

Bloody-disgusting article in case anyone was wondering:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3431416/interview-day-prey-cast-details-characters-predator/

I know it would have been easier to post the article but I wasn't sure if they rules would have allowed that so I copy, paste.

Not at all. I'd always prefer it if people posted the links back to the source. I've split your posts off and merged with the set reports thread though.

Quote from: brokentusk420 on May 11, 2018, 07:12:43 PM
What a crack pot...there isn't infinite variability. Especially with the design of the Predator character. There are good ideas and bad ideas. This looks like nothing but the bad ideas. How about stop trying to reinvent the wheel and give us something reminiscent of the first two movies. The second one is the only worthy sequel. Stop trying to give us a Marvel Predator movie which this is turning out to be.

Just because he doesn't want to repeat the original movies doesn't equate to trying to release a "Marvel Predator" movie. Comments like that always make me laugh though. The silliest, and quite frankly wrong, complaint that gets directed at Predators is that it was a remake of the first. And yet there are people such as yourself who complain that the new film isn't just something that hits the same beats as the first 2 films.

The Predator is so insanely versatile. And it's something I've thought for a long time. There's more to it than just being able to plonk a hunt in a different time period. I'm really excited to see that Shane had this mentality. Just hope he pulls it off.

Also gents - I hate having to remind people to show each other some respect. Or at the very least act like adults without throwing digs at each other.

Another one from BD - http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3432561/set-visit-bleeds-can-kill-effects-design-predator/

Not read yet.

http://collider.com/shane-black-interview-the-predator/

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

BigDaddyJohn I do have film making knowledge. Probably more than you do, its what I was in school for character design and story development.

By Marvel movie I mean, the over all tone and the development of the plot as well as the look of the characters will be in the current marvel formula vein. Rather than the less is more approach to the plot they went full retard in front of Saturday morning cartoons with it. This movie is the epitome of the phrase,"jumping the shark".

Instead of relying on the strong following and cannon set with the first two movies, they opt to go with the garbage set forth in the AvP and Predators movie. Which was a sorry excuse of an homage/reboot/whatever you call it of a movie. The truth is these movies have been terrible and everyone who says they are is just desperate for anything the throw at us and except it with blind loyalty.

I've been into these characters since before the internet. Since before you could get anything more than a trailer before it came to theater and that was on the TV or in the theater only. No forums to chat about them and speculate. No way to scrub the trailers for clues. No merchandise except the Kenner line which is where those ideas should stay. They are childish ideas of the characters meant to sell. Not to make a good movie out of. The first two movies were so good because they didn't have too many cooks in the kitchen no franchise to sell for the future. Just two related stories. Movies today are made for the wrong reasons and it shows in the final product. 

Corporal Hicks...when I say in the vein of the originals I don't mean a carbon copy or some half baked homage. Mainly I mean to stick with the design of the Predator character without deviating so hard. If Stan Winston can think up a whole tribe of individual predators and not go for the ridiculous like over sized weapons, football player size bodies, unimaginative and ugly look to their face and over all appearance. Or make a story that sounds like a bad syfy channel plot, when there is plenty of source material out there that walks the line of the originals in all the regards that these newer movies havent been. Less is MORE.

azamultic

azamultic

Brokentusk420
  I didn't finish school as a writer and director, but took movie history, basics of storytelling, and graduated as a 3d artist for enertaiment buisnes(originaly started as 2d animator). And from my little knoweladge of movie making, I am not 100% sure that this movie will fail(as you saying). Shane Black is a good writer and director and I believe a very good artist. He is always using crazy ideas for his movies and usually it worked out well.
  Also first Predator movie was a fluke, Thanks to a lot of people this movie became a classic (Stan Winston, Brothers Thomas, Joel Silverm, Arnold, Silvestry, other actors etc), but I personally think that main reason for Predator suscess was John McTiernan, He is just a very talanted director for action thrillers. And here we see a kind of cartoony comic story about big musculars soldiers fighting an aline hunter, becoming movie classic for 30 + years already.
  So yes, i believe any crazy and not serious ideas can become classic, if the developers will get lucky with producers, actors etc. and DIRECTOR.  ;)

Also my last favourite movie about Predator, was Predator 2 and I didn't liek any other movies with Predator (I an tollerate Predators ) ;)  So I am hopefull for this movie, but I wouldn't prase it if it will end up being a fail. But while they making Predators movies, we always going to have a chance to have a good movie again.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: brokentusk420 on May 11, 2018, 10:26:38 PM
Instead of relying on the strong following and cannon set with the first two movies, they opt to go with the garbage set forth in the AvP and Predators movie.
I disagree. They've got a character related to another character from Predator 2 and an interview of Holbrook today hinted at acknowledging 'Predator' events directly. I dont know what you mean about this following AVP and Predators, because although I haven't read the script it doesn't seem like xenos are referenced and neither is a game preserve planet/Royce.

QuoteThe truth is these movies have been terrible and everyone who says they are is just desperate for anything the throw at us and except it with blind loyalty

I think there's plenty of people who weren't happy with the AVP movies (not accepting everything blindly) who are still looking forward to this film. I'm looking forward to this but I haven't made up my mind whether or not I'll like it or not. I need to see it first, or at the very least, I need to see a full trailer.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Brokentusk I'm not settling for anything , I'm saying we have seen a tiny teaser trailer and it's far too early to judge the film at this stage, and to slate Shane black and co .

anyone who knows me on avpgalaxy will tell you , for the last 6 months Iv been talking nothing but negativity about this film based on the script that I have at hand, I hated it, but the thing is the teaser proved me wrong and I enjoyed the new direction it's going in. I do believe it's time the franchise branches out in new creative ways. There's only so many times you can keep making a film about a squad of guys getting hunted before it turns stale.

Something has to change , and you forget they have to sell to a fresh audience everytime , the predator fan base is quite small really , they can't bank on just us going to see the movie. I'm actually very excited I'm going to see a new predator film that isn't a rehash.

So AVPgalaxy I said this day might come and I want to say " I was wrong for slagging the film off based on a old script , I like where Shane black is going with this thing and that I now have full faith in black " 

Some fans will just hate anything , no matter what you do  ;D

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER
"So AVPgalaxy I said this day might come and I want to say " I was wrong for slagging the film off based on a old script , I like where Shane black is going with this thing and that I now have full faith in black "   :o

So I guess debating wit you for the last few months weren't for nothing my friend  ;D
Man hopefully this movie going to be goood!

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic no it wasn't .. You helped me see sense  and I put my petty personal vision of predator to bed zzzz 😂 I'm all for change and I think Shane black will deliver. Before I seen the trailer I wasn't hopeful , now i am. Just really got me excited and I really wasn't expecting that.. maybe I'm a sucka !  ;)

Thedutchpredator

Thedutchpredator

Exactly what I said like a month ago.
If this goes well at the box office we will see a lot more movies and sooner .At the end of the day that's what we all want

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed