New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 137,420 times)

Fatboy40

Fatboy40

Quote from: uoh11odV on May 15, 2012, 01:39:41 PM
Quote from: VickersAsh on May 15, 2012, 01:08:33 PM
lol where do you see a pinnochio-like nose?

The alien being in the last two pictures you posted has a weird Pinnochio-like nose (the one get flamethrowered.

Spoiler

I'm sure there was a person that mentioned this a while ago when discussing how they had seen the movie. Anyone else remember?

The alien in question:

[close]

So, the 'pinochio' nose may well evolve into a retractable tongue :o

This is the screenshot that's realy got me excited, fingers crossed they don't totaly torch all the mutated humans and one of them fully evolves !

Lally

Lally

It must mean old grampy Weyland is really...Geppetto..? ???

jevjnd2000

jevjnd2000

I'm not sure how to put this or if this is even right, but after thinking about it for a while, I think the pieces are starting to fit.  In the TED talk, Weyland (Guy Pearce) talks about Prometheus the Titan giving us the gift of fire and his resulting punishment, which is him having his belly ripped open over and over.  Doesn't it sound like maybe Holloway (Logan Marshall Green) might be the mutated character, and that he is being punished for giving us a "gift," which may be giving the Weyland Corporation bio-technology, whether on purpose or inadvertently?  I can't say for sure what his punishment is, but I suspect that it is mutating into that state and perhaps existing as a host for the "hammerpede" or some other creature, only to have his belly ripped open later.  Perhaps Shaw (Noomi Rapace) is the culpable one, since you can very clearly see that something is on her stomach in many of the videos that we've seen.  Both she and Holloway seem to be the ones that discovered this "star map" after all.  One this is clear, and that's that both of them seem to be "punished" in one form or another (Shaw being raped [seemingly] and impregnated, while Logan Marshall Green is clearly infected).  Maybe that's what these engineers' fates is; being host to the other aliens that they find on Zeta 2 Reticuli, only to be ripped open later.  Ridley also mentions an evolutionary aspect, as well as various life forms (biomechanical and otherwise), which very well could be the jockey.  I'm not so sure that what we see is a "suit" either, since it somewhat resembles the aliens which we know all too well by now.  I'm interested to hear any points supporting my ideas as well as any counterpoints you might have.  What are your thoughts?

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

I think it's funny that everyone is trying to piece the story together...

It seems all the footage we have seen has been cut into a jumbled order so you can really set up a specific timeline.  We have gotten little pieces of information and the rest is huge speculation.  Ridley has made comments that this isn't a prequelm that there aren't xenos, etc.  He may be telling the truth or he may be telling lies, and why wouldn't he... the whole point is for the story to be a surprise. 

I won't speculate at this point beyond discussing specific scenes and what they might mean, and even that especially on the forum takes off in weird truly "out there" directions.

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Milburn snake scene: NOM NOM NOM...  ;D

Had to be said didn't it!  ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 16, 2012, 01:31:48 PMI think it's funny that everyone is trying to piece the story together...

It's been tampered with by Damon Lindelof... there ain't no story. ;)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 16, 2012, 01:31:48 PM
I think it's funny that everyone is trying to piece the story together...

It seems all the footage we have seen has been cut into a jumbled order so you can really set up a specific timeline.  We have gotten little pieces of information and the rest is huge speculation.  Ridley has made comments that this isn't a prequelm that there aren't xenos, etc.  He may be telling the truth or he may be telling lies, and why wouldn't he... the whole point is for the story to be a surprise. 

I won't speculate at this point beyond discussing specific scenes and what they might mean, and even that especially on the forum takes off in weird truly "out there" directions.

FOX Trailer Crew: "Let's cut up all the sequences and not give enough info so that no one could possibly figure out the story line."
AVPGalaxy Forums: "Challenge Accepted."

mastermoon

mastermoon

Was it confirmed why the Space Jockey is attacking the characters?.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: mastermoon on May 16, 2012, 03:41:36 PM
They're ... "uncivilisied." I'll let you know June 1st  :P

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

How would you feel to wake up with strangers in your house, stealing your stuff?

I'd be pretty ******* pissed personally!

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 16, 2012, 06:05:11 PM

How would you feel to wake up with strangers in your house, stealing your stuff?

lol

i can understand that... but i think he/they are pissed because those humans made the first move of (an attack) i would see them as a threat if they blew up my ship.

so i'll kill them all.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: x-M-x on May 16, 2012, 06:23:24 PM
so i'll kill them all.

Honestly, we have no idea who attacks who first.

Spoiler
There's the shot with Ford and extra-man behind her standing in terror as Engineer approachs.
[close]

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 16, 2012, 06:05:11 PM

Well assuming that he has done nothing significant to prevent those strangers to his house in the first place...
I don't see why he would be pissed to see strangers, who have supposedly be invited, in his house.
Now if those strangers attack him while having been kindly welcomed...

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Spoiler
I guess he had a plan for the humans... like shaw getting pregnant and stuff... maybe that was under his control before and isn't anymore towards the end of the movie... hence he has  to "help" to enforce the course of things...
[close]

Gash

Gash

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 04:09:34 AM

Actually for me the real terror is the idea of being trapped in your suit. You can't get out of it otherwise you decompress or die from the environment, and you can't get at the thing attacking you. Having it in your helmet and not being able to grab at it is just horrifying.

You could always bite it. Oops, maybe not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed