New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 137,441 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Is there an HD version of this available for download yet?

Qwertify

Qwertify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGs3F1sFhrc#ws

best that I can find for now. Goes up to 720p.

r888

r888

^ awesome thank you

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

I like Idris Elba's 'Ddddddddsssaaahhhh' scream that they meddled with  :laugh:

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 16, 2012, 02:57:42 AM
I like Idris Elba's 'Ddddddddsssaaahhhh' scream that they meddled with  :laugh:

I think in some Russian translation - they did a clean translation of "Let's Go!"
If not - my theory is that he is saying "Shaw" as a part of some message to her. I assume she is the one who convinces him to fly into the alien ship rather than going home as Vickers wants.
Anyways - very cool. I am really liking Elba's acting and his character.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 03:04:57 AM
Anyways - very cool. I am really liking Elba's acting and his character.
Thank god I'm not the only one. He's got a really nice swagger to him, like he just wakes up in the morning, gets a cup of coffee, goes to the bridge and gets right to work; just another day.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 16, 2012, 02:57:42 AMI like Idris Elba's 'Ddddddddsssaaahhhh' scream that they meddled with  :laugh:

I remember another trailer where he yells 'heads up!' there. Much cooler.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

I wonder if him saying "shaw!" or "heaadssuuuuuuup" is when shaw is wandering outside in the storm and gets blown back by the wind ala the very fist pic we saw of the movie last summer?

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Well we now know one thing.
Spoiler
Its clear Fi- sorry Milburn says 'its in my suit' and not 'its in my throat!' How can you talk with a Xenodongolike that in yer gullet!! 
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

And also regarding the 'it's in my suit scene'...
Spoiler
I bet somebody is going to rule 34 the shit out of that in some demented corner of deviant art
[close]
I mean, look at the milburn gif, the jobs pretty much already done!

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 16, 2012, 03:13:28 AM
Spoiler
Its clear Fi- sorry Milburn says 'its in my suit' and not 'its in my throat!' How can you talk with a Xenodongolike that in yer gullet!! 
[close]

Also - anybody over 80 who saw this trailer isn't going to buy a ticket.

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 16, 2012, 03:18:19 AM
And also regarding the 'it's in my suit scene'...
Spoiler
I bet somebody is going to rule 34 the shit out of that in some demented corner of deviant art
[close]
I mean, look at the milburn gif, the jobs pretty much already done!

Yeah, well rule 34 is rule 34. Actually I had considered that Ridley might try to get the snake to find an alternate route. I only suspected this because I know that originally Ridley wanted homophobic men to vomit in their seats with the facehugger thing - just as sort of a bar to reach in terms of how freaky or nasty something can be. Well - nothing more scary for a homophobe than an alien ass-flower snake slithering about in your suit wanting to tear through your underpants. I guess the mouth thing is much more subtle, even if it is on screen rather than the thought of the latter.
[btw thank goodness for urbandictionary.com, I had no idea what rule 34 was before this.]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 16, 2012, 03:08:35 AM
Thank god I'm not the only one. He's got a really nice swagger to him, like he just wakes up in the morning, gets a cup of coffee, goes to the bridge and gets right to work; just another day.

Yeah - swag is the word. He is the kind of guy that just goes about his business and makes sure everything is done right - and won't lose his head when shit hits the fan. The guy you want on this kind of trip - a leader and a man of action. I know that Skerritt was just the pilot of a truckship, but he still doesn't have anything on Elba's character. He's just got more charisma, more swag, more suave, and he sure won't let something get the best of him in an air shaft.

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 03:21:16 AM
Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 16, 2012, 03:13:28 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Also - anybody over 80 who saw this trailer isn't going to buy a ticket.

LOL lucky for us Riddles is only 74 then!! ;) ;D

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 03:21:16 AM
He is the kind of guy that just goes about his business and makes sure everything is done right - and won't lose his head when shit hits the fan. The guy you want on this kind of trip - a leader and a man of action. I know that Skerritt was just the pilot of a truckship, but he still doesn't have anything on Elba's character. He's just got more charisma, more swag, more suave, and he sure won't let something get the best of him in an air shaft.

I always loved Dallas, but like all the crew of the Nostromo he seemed pretty beaten down by life; at least, that's how I take it as I watch it now, especially when he just shrugs off Ripley's argument before they leave LV-426.  "Do what they tell you to do."  This opinion is particularly colored by having read his and the other crew bios which were on the BluRay, supposedly from Ridley's original notes - where Dallas had been a decorated war veteran who was dishonorably discharged after a wartime disaster, and then eventually ended up at Weyland-Yutani.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 16, 2012, 03:48:17 AM
supposedly from Ridley's original notes - where Dallas had been a decorated war veteran who was dishonorably discharged after a wartime disaster, and then eventually ended up at Weyland-Yutani.

yeah Dallas was a great character too - no doubt. I did read that when asked about the question whether Janek wasn't just another Dallas Elba or Scott said "No" with the main difference being that Janek has a military background.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 03:21:16 AMWell - nothing more scary for a homophobe than an alien ass-flower snake slithering about in your suit wanting to tear through your underpants.
Spoiler
[close]

Scary for pretty much anyone with an asshole I would say, homophobe or no.

Actually for me the real terror is the idea of being trapped in your suit. You can't get out of it otherwise you decompress or die from the environment, and you can't get at the thing attacking you. Having it in your helmet and not being able to grab at it is just horrifying.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed