New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 137,980 times)

Virgil

Virgil

Shit. I'm really spoiling this for myself now  :-[

Remember when this is all we had?...

I said to myself last July that I couldn't wait for the trailer. THREE trailers, countless trailers for trailers, commercials, extensive featurettes, virals upon virals upon virals, magazine covers, soundtracks, two million Lindelof tweets and five thousand high definition screen shots of Sean Harris's haircut later and I CANNOT STOP  :'( :'(

echobbase79

echobbase79

Other than a few things here and there what's really been spoiled? I'm still lost in the dark about this movie's story.  :-\

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Another reason why i think its Holloway and not the Engineer in the screen grabs is if you look at the screen grab 7 down the skin colour is human flesh coloured, taking into account the yellow light bouncing off the skin. I read the Engineers skin is a pale blue. Everything else in that shot is the same monochrome blue.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 12:52:28 AM
Quote from: Malakak on May 16, 2012, 12:40:43 AMI can't believe they showed the snake going into the mouth in the trailers.

Yeah, talk about taking the sting out of it. At least with the twitter spoilers there was always a doubt in mind, but now it's a foregone conclusion. I am still interested to know what they do to their victims once they get inside though. Hopefully something parasitic like laying eggs or birthing more creatures (which fits with the biology that we know), rather than cause some kind of arbitrary mutation.

Not sure if it is a foregone conclusion. I mean - I was always pretty sure they went down your mouth. I mean, considering Scott's mindset about the original facehugger - you would just know that he would want the new creature to infect you either by going down you mouth or by other means, other biological canals. I also believe that a number of people thought that this was likely to be the case as well, especially as that audio clip came out. So if you conclude that infection is likely through the mouth then connect that scene with the one where Milburn gets burned - it is nothing mind blowing if you were able to predict that. For me - everything is still all up in the air.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 16, 2012, 01:03:25 AM

Other than a few things here and there what's really been spoiled? I'm still lost in the dark about this movie's story.  :-\

That's the sense of optimism i'm sorely lacking today. I think I'm just overloaded (soundtrack release, Engineer pictures).
I'm not blessed with a photographic memory, so here's hoping tomorrow morning I can't remember a damn thing  ;)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 16, 2012, 12:56:36 AM
I love your avatar and signature, Qwertify.  ;D
Thanks Sweep!  ;D ;D ;D

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The beauty of this new spoilerific (sorta) tv spot is that with the exception of the hammer hugger face rape image (which is now forever burned into my consciousness) I really don't know what I've seen. You don't get a full on look at the Jockey...it's just a blurb running and picking up Shaw. That's about it.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 12:52:28 AM
Quote from: Malakak on May 16, 2012, 12:40:43 AMI can't believe they showed the snake going into the mouth in the trailers.

Yeah, talk about taking the sting out of it. At least with the twitter spoilers there was always a doubt in mind, but now it's a foregone conclusion. I am still interested to know what they do to their victims once they get inside though. Hopefully something parasitic like laying eggs or birthing more creatures (which fits with the biology that we know), rather than cause some kind of arbitrary mutation.
so is this twittter girl true or what?  it seems like the guys at the other forum know far more than they revealed publicly

QuoteBut to get to the heart of your question: The report above doesn't corroborate with what I've been told in private by three different sources who I all trust. And yes, I've withheld many things because of times like this.-viscal

kinda unfair to withold information like that

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 01:07:10 AMNot sure if it is a foregone conclusion. I mean - I was always pretty sure they went down your mouth.

I guess it had crossed my mind. It's more about knowing who it happens to and how that is the problem. I wouldn't be complaining if it was a leak that I read (because then it would be my own darn fault for chasing it up), but this is official stuff. Maybe Fox should start releasing spoiler warnings with their advertising. ;)

Quote from: Ron Swanston on May 16, 2012, 01:26:17 AMso is this twittter girl true or what?  it seems like the guys at the other forum know far more than they revealed publicly

Unknown.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 01:27:08 AM
I guess it had crossed my mind. It's more about knowing who it happens to and how that is the problem. I wouldn't be complaining if it was a leak that I read (because then it would be my own darn fault for chasing it up), but this is official stuff. Maybe Fox should start releasing spoiler warnings with their advertising. ;)
Yeah - perhaps they could have withheld that. I keep telling myself - that no matter how much they reveal - there will still be a main course in terms of viewing the actual film. Now I just look at it this way - the more I see in the trailers or TV spots, the less novel material there will be for the actual film viewing. The snake thing may - may have been crossing the line. I think just more mysterious scenes would be better - like people running through a caverns, dim shots and nothing more.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Best thing to do is just don't watch actual clips. I haven't watched the one that's been released and I won't watch anymore that will be. And if there's a Redband trailer towards the end, definitley avoid that!!!!

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

There is a humorous parallel to the Prometheus myth in all of this. ;D

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 16, 2012, 02:00:58 AM
There is a humorous parallel to the Prometheus myth in all of this. ;D

Just kidding everyone - there is no Alien DNA.

r888

r888

Quote from: Ballzanya on May 15, 2012, 11:40:25 PM
My screengrabs of new stuff from this t.v spot:

http://www.constantthreat.net/othershit/p1.jpg

Man this going to be the best sci fi film up to date

eww what the frak is that snake thing? poor guy

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

By clicking every spoiler button and analyzing every frame of every single trailer and TV spot we are like the humans in this film. There are some things you really shouldn't know. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed