Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 137,621 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: NGR01 on May 15, 2012, 03:02:17 PM
Vickers' Prometheus Corridor vs "Engineers" Prometheus corridor

Spoiler

The Engineer in the corridor do seem a bit taller than Vickers but not as much as the one that grabs Shaw or the suits in the juggernaut corridor...
No way one of that suit could fit in that Prometheus corridors...
If it ends being a real Engineer and not a human stealing Engineer tech then mutating Scott really cheated a lot with the size thing.

[close]
Theron is considerably taller than Rapace. That and Theron is some distance away from the door, toward the camera which may make her look bigger.

For one reason or another however - it does SEEM like there are in fact two different types of Jockeys.

Spoiler
Could it not be that there are only three SJs listed because the ones that are listed as infected are not played by people, nor are considered SJs in the casting?
[close]

Quote from: Vickers on May 15, 2012, 03:47:34 PM
Quote from: Lally on May 15, 2012, 03:36:08 PM
Hello all,

Great forum. I'm intrigued by one of the shots from the older TV spots, it's where Noomi Raapace collapses, her back to the camera, covered in blood in front of the wheelchair guy, David, and clearly Fifield. Post C-section perhaps. I cannot upload the picture.

My question is, at what point does Fifield go beserk in the timeline of this movie? As he is still normal/unmutated in this picture?? Why is he conspiring with the others on the floor?

Hope I'm not too off topic with this puzzler...!

It's difficult to determine when Fifield mutates without having seen the film.  I'm guessing he survives an attack and appears to be normal after seeking treatment and then the infection hits him later. 
Spoiler
Poor Milburn isn't as lucky though.
[close]

I guessed it - Milburn dies first.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Symn on May 15, 2012, 06:53:57 PM
But... the prometheus rammed into the juggernaught. And the scene takes place INSIDE the Prometheus, so it couldnt be AFTER the juggernaught was rammed cause, ofcourse, the collision destroyed the Prometheus.

I think it's Weyland. How come the Engineer is still alive if his race is billions years old? I'm guessing through his bodysuit technology that's keeping him alive or something. Weyland with his God/eternal life delusion stole  that thing and put it on, and changed. I doooooonnn't knoowwww!!

A lifeboat module detaches from the Prometheus seconds prior to the collision. It's apparently a large chunk of the aft section, including Vickers quarters, cryotubes and more...

I believe Ridley & co has confirmed that the team will encounter a (last) surviving engineer... no mutated human.

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: Eva on May 15, 2012, 06:28:30 PM
I don't mind a showdown between Shaw and the engineer coming down to some quite primitive display of power. Consider the implications of the engineer (who might turn out to be Shaws God/maker in a more literal sense than you would guess), attempting to essentially rape her in that scene...  :o

Much more horrifying than if he just pulls out his plasma-phased, photon-torpedo shooter...

Such a behavior would make the engineer a bit too human for my taste.
Sure it would be horrifying, but alien trying to rape and have relation sex with a woman is not that original.

Quote from: Eva on May 15, 2012, 06:28:30 PM
Aliens with vastly superior weapons/rayguns/blowing up the white house for the 67th time has been done to death and it usually sucks bigtime.

As i said earlier, i am myself quite irritating by the lack of imagination/creativity of authors regarding advanced beings.
For me a superior being will not use raygun or even seen to death unoriginal weapon.
It could use smart sound based weapon to generate virtual and invisible objects from thin air.
It could use sensor which enable it to perceive the whole E.M spectrum , the whole sound spectrum and to study its environment down to the subatomic level.
It could use tech which would affect the nerve system of humans and turn them litterally in puppets or generate hallucinations by hacking the connections between the sense and the brain.
It could use nanotechnology to alter/mutate humans in real time to whatever it wants, simulate telekinesy/psychokinesy, pyrokinesy, alter the environment in real time,etc..
There a lot of things a superior being could do without falling in the usual cliche of Aliens movies up to now.
And the most horrifying could be that it uses all this kind of tech not to kill humans but just to play with them because it seeks entertainment and when it find it no more funny, it can restore human to their initial state and let them go while having them remember any single thing it did to them. Imagine how terrifying it would be for those who would be the victims of such a being if they do not become insane.

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 15, 2012, 06:54:20 PM
All of that looks interesting, but I'm still not convinced that's the Jockey. It looks like a mutated human. We'll just have to wait and see.

I sure hope that this is not the jockey/engineer.

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

I too think its Holloway. For the emotional impact between Shaw and himself and for the fact they are keeping his mutation a bit of a secret.

echobbase79

echobbase79

To me I'm starting to wonder if the actual Jockey doesn't show up until the very end. Could be a possibility?

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I have to say, I've been waiting for an experience like this my entire life (in terms of film going). I went to film school in part because of Ridley Scott. I'm 36 and the only alien film I've ever seen in theaters was ALIEN Resurrection (I was 16 and growing up in the church when ALIEN3 came out and i was not allowed) which of course was a colossal let down.

If Prometheus delivers the goods, it will change yet again the genre of science fiction forever and I along with others will have witnessed it. These are such exciting times.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 15, 2012, 06:54:20 PM
All of that looks interesting, but I'm still not convinced that's the Jockey. It looks like a mutated human. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well whatever you want to perceive the 'Space Jockey' as being is still up in the air until the movie comes out, but this "mutated human" is an Engineer, and it certainly dons a suit irrefutably similar to the creature in Alien's.

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

honestly, i can't roll my eyes enough at the rape speculations, it's so weird that so many people here are saying it possible. why are you so obsessed with her being raped omg?
and why would that creature even do that?

echobbase79

echobbase79

@Space Sweeper

Maybe the Engineers just work the ship and maybe they are smaller but I'm starting to think we haven't even see the actual Jockey yet. I mean why show that in any of the promotional material? That would be a great surprise for the audience. Of course I'm just theorizing.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 15, 2012, 08:56:25 PM
honestly, i can't roll my eyes enough at the rape speculations, it's so weird that so many people here are saying it possible. why are you so obsessed with her being raped omg?

When Shaw was seen with something growing up in her belly it was clear that she was insiminated in some way.
Then we saw her all bloody running in the Prometheus corridors, so the insimination had to take place in the human ship and could have been rough.
Then there was this shot of holloway waking up near a woman body.
At that time we did not knew that she was romantically involved with Holloway.
Hence the idea of insimination by rape from a possibly mutated crew member
Then we saw Holloway eye shot and finally that he was involved with Shaw.
Now it's safe to assume that she gets knocked out by mutated Holloway while making love.

But i would have loved to see Shaw getting knocked up by a vicious xeno like creature, urutsukidoji like f**k up shit.
It's not like the ALIEN universe is full of weird sex connotations. Just look at the serpent when his head is not open ^^
Millburn is giving the blowjob of his life ^^

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Meh... Nothing special. Just one new shot of the proper creature (or at least, some sort of early-ish stage) - and even that's fleeting. I've got zero interest in all the
Spoiler
mutated human
[close]
stuff we've known about for months.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 15, 2012, 09:17:53 PM
Meh... Nothing special. Just one new shot of the proper creature (or at least, some sort of early-ish stage) - and even that's fleeting. I've got zero interest in all the
Spoiler
mutated human
[close]
stuff we've known about for months.

Amen, brother.

NGR01

NGR01

Fifield?

Eva

Eva

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 15, 2012, 08:56:25 PM

The reason I use that term, is essentially because Alien is a psycho-sexual nightmare if there ever was one. I believe both Ridley, John Hurt, Dan O'Bannon and others have been pretty straightforward with what's happening to Kane in that film - he's raped, pure and simple.

It might not be a term that has any validity in Prometheus... but I don't know what else to call those creatures attacking the humans...impregnating Shaw... infection doesn't cover it for me... engineer biomechanoid creatures fusing with humans...? I dunno... While I don't know what that approaching engineer is going to do with a cornered Shaw, I doubt he's going to use harsh language on her...

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Well if the engineers serve something else. What is that something else? The super-xenos weve been hearing about?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed