New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 137,868 times)

EGM1966

EGM1966

Hmm.  Burned and big but not too big SJ thing.  I'm wondering if that's Holloway.  Narratively it would be interesting to have Shaw/Holloway end up going from lovers to antagonists.  I see no reason why an infected Holloway wouldn't slow grow in size, accouting for the bigger than a man but smaller than an original SJ.  I figure he's get's toasted but not killed in the big fight and manages to escape the ship - Fifield getting totally toasted.

While shots have been shown of Holloway in early stages of something there's a suspicious lack of any other shots bar the SJ images.  Fifield meanwhile has been shown a number of times clearly mutating - I think because he's gets killed early on while Holloway continues to mutate further.

Or maybe I'm miles off.  The damn sequence of events is hard to pin down overall.  Very clever cutting on the trailers so far.  Giving some info, allowing for some understanding of a few sequences but actually hiding (so far) the overall structure pretty damn well I'd say.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: timiteh on May 15, 2012, 05:37:31 PM
Quote from: fiveways on May 15, 2012, 05:06:07 PM
Quote from: timiteh on May 15, 2012, 04:58:17 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 15, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Herm. Kinda looks like Weyland mutates into the Engineer, or some other crew member does. :-\

It is likely indeed that Weyland or Holloway mutates into a pseudo engineer.

The good news could be that we haven't seen a true engineer, if one appears in the movie at all, yet.
I sure hope that the being attacking Shaw is not a true engineer unless he is merely playing with her.
I would find pathetic that a supposedly superior being can not do anything more impressive than a quite primitive melee attack.

And a lot of us would find it stupid if they used anything psychic.  Just because they have superior intellect and tech doesn't mean they should be in the f**king x-men.

Why do they need to be x-men or beings with psychic powers similar to those of the X-men or others super heroes ?
This is not just for you, but it is a bit tiring the lack of imagination and of creativity regarding superior beings.
I suggest you to read some articles on this site:
http://www.futuretimeline.net/
They just need to have technology which looks like magic for humans like some kind of mind controled nanotechnology or some smart uses of magnetic based or sound based weapons.
They could also use tech gravity based or able to alter space time in a very localised way.
Anything but not primitive physical attacks.
Btw, what make you think that it will not be possible to simulate X-men or even superman like powers in the future with technology ?
I have been always disapointed by the fact that none incarnation of superman has a least some of his powers technology based. I mean it is not as if Kryptonians were not way more advanced than human in technology.

What makes me think it?  Because I think we will all die of cancer or global disaster by then.  Just me.  If we do manage to it won't be in my lifetime.

Plus, I hate when you give a space creature those sorts of powers and they still are defeated.  The creature would just rip her limb from limb with his mind.  Why bother playing with creatures that obviously can pose some threat.  And the over confident creature thing is so played out.  So make it only slightly more powerful, make it so the characters seem like they have a legit chance against it.  Also works better for suspense. 

I do understand the super power thing, don't get me wrong.  This to me isn't the movie to use it in.  Just screams "too much" at that point.

Valaquen

Valaquen

What's interesting is how Shaw became impregnated. In one of the trailers we see her and Hollowy embrace, like preluding sex. Looking at them, this is after they return from the temple and after Holloway is infected. So it seems that he knocks her up with his infected sperm, leading to the... y'know.

Eva

Eva

I don't mind a showdown between Shaw and the engineer coming down to some quite primitive display of power. Consider the implications of the engineer (who might turn out to be Shaws God/maker in a more literal sense than you would guess), attempting to essentially rape her in that scene...  :o

Much more horrifying than if he just pulls out his plasma-phased, photon-torpedo shooter...

Aliens with vastly superior weapons/rayguns/blowing up the white house for the 67th time has been done to death and it usually sucks bigtime.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

It's kinda hard to imagine how anyone would be in the mood for sex after being exposed to something as nasty as what they encounter in the temple.

Unless they are under some sort of influence. (other than their space hormones)

The video from which
Spoiler
Milburn gets a mouthful and the Jockey shoves Shaw.
[close]
Where is that now?

echobbase79

echobbase79

It seems to have been taken down. Was it an official tv spot?

tonyt2000

tonyt2000

I'm guessing the burnt SJ is post-Juggernaut crash.  EW set reports in the latest issue indicated that they were filming an outdoor scene in which Shaw is being chased by something, ostensibly back into whatever is left of Prometheus.  I'd imagine Mr. Engineer being rather irate at his ship being rammed.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 15, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

It was. But there is a link a few pages back that takes you to a page that allows you to download a downloader to download the video.  ::)

Or you can go to AICN.com and see their little imbed.  ;D Like I just did.

Eva

Eva

^^ Yeah - the new clip has been removed, but I seem to remember seeing Shaw running wild inside a Juggernaut corridor, looking over her shoulder as if she's being chased by someone.

I'd guess she gets some gear from the lifeboat after the collision, enters the crashed Juggernaut (the pic I uploaded yesterday) and she runs into the surviving engineer, who chases her back to the lifeboat. That leaves Vickers... where would she be in all of this...?

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: fiveways on May 15, 2012, 06:03:14 PM
What makes me think it?  Because I think we will all die of cancer or global disaster by then.  Just me.  If we do manage to it won't be in my lifetime.

Well, this one of my problem with the timeline of Prometheus.
I doubt that we will achieve interstellar travel before at least several hundred of years. And when we will be there i think we will have way better day to day technology then what is shown in the movie.

Plus, I hate when you give a space creature those sorts of powers and they still are defeated.  The creature would just rip her limb from limb with his mind.  Why bother playing with creatures that obviously can pose some threat.  And the over confident creature thing is so played out.  So make it only slightly more powerful, make it so the characters seem like they have a legit chance against it.  Also works better for suspense. 

I agree but it is not realistic to have Space Jockeys/engineers be just slighty more powerful than human unless there is a good and believable reason for that, like if they brutally devolve.
As i said, i really hope that the creature attacking Shaw is not a true engineer as otherwises i will be very disapointed if there is no logic reason for him to behave this way.

I do understand the super power thing, don't get me wrong.  This to me isn't the movie to use it in.  Just screams "too much" at that point.

To the contrary, i think that it is a movie to use advanced technology which mimic magic and super powers but perhaps not in a directly lethal way.
Btw, the biotech of the Space Jockey from what we have seen up to now mimic witchcraft and curse.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 15, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 15, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

It was. But there is a link a few pages back that takes you to a page that allows you to download a downloader to download the video.  ::)

Or you can go to AICN.com and see their little imbed.  ;D Like I just did.

Okay cool. Thanks. :)

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Giving the engineers psychic abilities would actually work quite well if you think about it...

Everyone is worried about how the Engineers will communicate, no one wants an english speaking alien, etc.  If they were able to project communication directly into the crews brain, then we wouldn't have to worry about communication anymore.  The crew would know what they were being told and would be able to carry some dialogue that let the viewer in on the conversation.

Next it would help explain another way that David is so important, psychic powers wouldn't have any effect on a robot.  This would make David extremely useful in dealing with the engineers.  It might also aggravate them quite bit, not having the same sort of power in dealing with him.

I'm not speculating that this is how things will go, but it would fit pretty well.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: NGR01 on May 15, 2012, 05:43:51 PM
Quote from: szkoki on May 15, 2012, 04:31:19 PM
i dont get it...so why did these alien beings came to Earth long-long years ago and teach us to build and to think and whatsoever if they dont want to greet us with a bottle of bear at their home???

I think that the humans are not very friendly when they meet the surviving Engineer.
Like i said before i think that the first encounter with him goes bad, Ford gets killed, Mercs probably shoot at him, he's brought back to the ship where he's analysed, seen as a specimen.
His DNA analysed, maybe used by Weyland to impregnate himself even.
Weyland and his men probably treat him like shit making him very angry toward our race.

So you tell me that an obviously superior specie cant take a step back and think about who is evil and who is not?
It dont pop in his mind that not everyone wants to benifit from his technology or not everyone want to steal from him?

hmmm then here is my call..."kill everything, do you copy me!?"  :laugh:

Symn

Symn

Quote from: tonyt2000 on May 15, 2012, 06:40:18 PM
I'm guessing the burnt SJ is post-Juggernaut crash.  EW set reports in the latest issue indicated that they were filming an outdoor scene in which Shaw is being chased by something, ostensibly back into whatever is left of Prometheus.  I'd imagine Mr. Engineer being rather irate at his ship being rammed.

But... the prometheus rammed into the juggernaught. And the scene takes place INSIDE the Prometheus, so it couldnt be AFTER the juggernaught was rammed cause, ofcourse, the collision destroyed the Prometheus.

I think it's Weyland. How come the Engineer is still alive if his race is billions years old? I'm guessing through his bodysuit technology that's keeping him alive or something. Weyland with his God/eternal life delusion stole  that thing and put it on, and changed. I doooooonnn't knoowwww!!

echobbase79

echobbase79

All of that looks interesting, but I'm still not convinced that's the Jockey. It looks like a mutated human. We'll just have to wait and see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed