New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 138,229 times)

mastermoon

mastermoon

That recent TV Spot posted is very cool, I really like what that snake creature can do :).

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: HappyAlien on May 15, 2012, 02:05:05 PM
A trillion dollars! and those company pricks  were complaining about the 42-47  million dollar ship Ripley blew up! How much is Weyland-Yutani worth in this film? A trillion dollars buys you a lot of Nostromos!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the line, "42 million in adjusted dollars"

I'm pretty certain no one thought to ensure continuity on this one tiny point, but it could certainly be rationalised in terms of an 'adjustment' or re-valuation in the 30 years post-Prometheus.

nostromo mechanic

nostromo mechanic

That definitly looks like a burned-up Engineer grabbing Shaw and makes sense with all the flamethrowers in every trailer. Anyway, you can tell by his distinctive pants with their pattern.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Can somebody please post a YouTube link to the latest TV spot (the spoiler heavy one)?  I can't watch the current version on my PS3!  :'(

Thanks

Bigticket

Bigticket

Quote from: REDDEVIL on May 15, 2012, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on May 15, 2012, 01:13:22 PM
The Jockey looks burned or deformed in its scenes with Shaw. Sure one of the set reports commented on its head being scarred. Looks creepy!
Spoiler

Definitely looks like he´s burned.Or maybe he´s mutating?
[close]

Damn, i dont know...

For me it looks like the guy holding Shaw isnt the engineer that we see in scenes with pilot chair in the trailer. He looks like mutated guy in the wheelchair/weyland .

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on May 15, 2012, 12:25:16 PM
Nice...

Some shots of the engineer I grapped - beware of spoiler material and sorry for the poor image quality
Spoiler
[close]

Human-sized engineer my ass...  ;)

No way that character in the 3rd image is the same size as the burned one.
Look at the shot of vickers running in the same corridor.
I stand on my ground.

The real Engineer gets messed up when he encounter the humans but someone steal his tech and suit.
;)

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

I guess I'm the only person who didn't find it really spoilerish...

We see a few more shots of the Engineer, which was to be expected still not enough screen time to get any sort of idea about how they interact, intentions, purpose, where they come from, etc.

We see the snake creature and it's doing what everyone expected it to do... nothing really new here.

I was worried when I decided to watch the spot that I was really going to spoil something, and instead I feel like I just got some new footage and am even more excited to see the movie.

Qwertify

Qwertify

A trillion dollars! and those company pricks  were complaining about the 42-47  million dollar ship Ripley blew up! How much is Weyland-Yutani worth in this film? A trillion dollars buys you a lot of Nostromos!

Yes. This is kind of true. Let's not forget about inflation/deflation over time though. That and - the Prometheus was an experiment with no purpose of profit. The whole thing, although could have had some significant monetary impact was pretty much a dead investment to begin with. It is like buying a state-of-the-art spaceship with a state-of-the-art laboratory. In comparison the Nostromo was just a like a truck that can travel through space.

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 15, 2012, 02:27:32 PM
I guess I'm the only person who didn't find it really spoilerish...

We see a few more shots of the Engineer, which was to be expected still not enough screen time to get any sort of idea about how they interact, intentions, purpose, where they come from, etc.

We see the snake creature and it's doing what everyone expected it to do... nothing really new here.

I was worried when I decided to watch the spot that I was really going to spoil something, and instead I feel like I just got some new footage and am even more excited to see the movie.

I'm with you there man. We didn't really find out anything we didn't already know.

Engineers attack humans? .................................. Check
Milburn gets attacked by assflower? ..................... Check
Fifield goes bananas and gets flamethrowered? ...... Check

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

lol this makes me want to see Prometheus even more. If you're going to give mankind the gift of fire; be prepared to be burned.

NGR01

NGR01

Vickers' Prometheus Corridor vs "Engineers" Prometheus corridor

Spoiler

The Engineer in the corridor do seem a bit taller than Vickers but not as much as the one that grabs Shaw or the suits in the juggernaut corridor...
No way one of that suit could fit in that Prometheus corridors...
If it ends being a real Engineer and not a human stealing Engineer tech then mutating Scott really cheated a lot with the size thing.

[close]

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

Quote from: ucdom on May 15, 2012, 02:12:54 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the line, "42 million in adjusted dollars"

I'm pretty certain no one thought to ensure continuity on this one tiny point, but it could certainly be rationalised in terms of an 'adjustment' or re-valuation in the 30 years post-Prometheus.

or maybe Vickers was just exaggerating~ when she said that

Valaquen

Valaquen

Maybe the W-Y execs are a lot more cynical and money-grabbing than the pioneering Peter Weyland.

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

@NGR01 also take into consideration how short Noomi is compared to Charlize

NGR01

NGR01

Could be it.
But yet that guy in the corridor is still smaller than the suits in the Juggernaut corridors and i wont even begin to compare him to the one in ALIEN.
Well not long until we know the truth.

Poor Millburn ^^

Lally

Lally

Hello all,

Great forum. I'm intrigued by one of the shots from the older TV spots, it's where Noomi Raapace collapses, her back to the camera, covered in blood in front of the wheelchair guy, David, and clearly Fifield. Post C-section perhaps. I cannot upload the picture.

My question is, at what point does Fifield go beserk in the timeline of this movie? As he is still normal/unmutated in this picture?? Why is he conspiring with the others on the floor?

Hope I'm not too off topic with this puzzler...!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed