New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 138,155 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

I can't see how anyone can read anything on that call sheet... which is lucky for me I guess.

Darkoo

Master

Master

Nice! New shoot of orery , new dialog from Vickers.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

The view of the jockey suit engulfing someone in the pilot's chair now has the orrery in action in the background, with reflections and highlights off the suit.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Vickers

Vickers

I don't mean to be a party pooper and I'm happy about the new footage but every single time a new trailer or TV spot gets released, I see more CGI additions.  This is worrying.  Yes, yes, I know the story is more important but why mess with a good thing?

90% of the CGI I've seen so far looks fantastic but they've already changed the derelict, they've added more storm particles to the scene where Shaw(?) gets blown away to the point where some of the beautiful production design is masked by the particles, they've added dodgy looking CGI around the Space Jockey and the colour grading is terrible and another new addition is at the start of the TV spot where you see "Prometheus" added to the side of the ship... rather horribly, I might add.  It looks like a floating font.

Quote from: Alienhunter15 on May 09, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

That scene still looks laughably bad though.

You cant polish a turd.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: 180924609 on May 09, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

You cant polish a turd.

You can polish it if it ain't a turd.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Jesus Christ there's no pleasing you people.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 09, 2012, 11:05:13 AM
Jesus Christ there's no pleasing you people.

There is.  The original shots looked just fine (the ship flying by, Shaw blown away by storm, space jockey, derelict landing/crashing).  This is what happens when people don't know when to stop adding and working on something.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Unfortunately this isn't our vision, this is Ridley Scott's vision. He wants what he wants. I'd rather him do what his artistic voice tells him then please us,or one or two of the fans who judge an entire work from seconds of footage. Who knows, maybe I'll end up hating the aesthetic...if I do, it will be after seeing the entire canvass, and not just the edges of it.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 09, 2012, 11:21:59 AM
Unfortunately this isn't our vision, this is Ridley Scott's vision. He wants what he wants. I'd rather him do what his artistic voice tells him then please us,or one or two of the fans who judge an entire work from seconds of footage. Who knows, maybe I'll end up hating the aesthetic...if I do, it will be after seeing the entire canvass, and not just the edges of it.

Of course this is his vision.  And this is my opinion.  With him coming from a history of using practical effects and having things look as real as possible, this film is using an awful lot of CGI.  I've got no problems with the story and with all the other elements but when people keep adding, keep adding, keep adding, what do you get?  A scene that has been digitally altered and added to so many times that it eventually stops looking real and starts looking like a video game cutscene.  Subtlety is the key.  A lot of the shots looked amazing before and it just makes no sense to keep f**king around with them.  Besides, the reason they release trailers is so that we can make our mind up on how a film looks.  Of course we don't know what all the other footage looks like but based on what I've seen already, a lot of shots have been changed.

Quote from: ucdom on May 09, 2012, 11:22:30 AM
F**k me, whinge, whinge, whinge.

It looks great, it's gonna BE great. Grow up!

That's funny.  I didn't know having an opinion meant one needs to grow up.  And clearly I'm not the one who needs to grow up.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

This is the problem with showing work that's still in process. Just because we think it's done, doesn't mean the artist does. I like the shot of the Orrey hologram incorporated with the Jockey. It's beautiful and mysterious.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: 180924609 on May 09, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

You cant polish a turd.

Youre totally right !
In fact youve completely convinced me that I definitely wont be seeing Prometheus under any circumstance

I couldnt stop laughing throughout the entire launch trailer since it all looks so 'laughable' and oh yes.........'bad'

When is your next movie coming out ?

Can I buy an advance ticket ?
Its patently clear that youre a genius and a visionary, unlike Ridley Scott who has no idea at all, and does nothing but sit on his ass all day 'polishing turds'

(also can i have your autograph..?....please ?!!..........i'll pay triple the normal fee)

::) ::) ::)

Alien³

Alien³

This has been the funniest thread in a long time.

Prometheus looks amazing! Polish that turd Riddles! Polish it all!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed