Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 137,696 times)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: josh_axey on May 02, 2012, 01:45:46 PM
I'm more inclined to think the "body" is Davids suit and boots, the random object his bag and he has donned a space jockey jumpsuit with some strange notion as to using that chair.

The "body" looks blue and like there are boots, but it looks too flat.

That's an okay theory but we've already seen a wide shot where you can see the engineer stalking from the right towards David who is standing there.

Don't remember from any of the trailers such scene with david and engineer stalking behind him....??? ???

Can you point toward that scene or image?
If you are refering to the moment where he's playing with the Orrery it seems to me that ALL the Engineer present are holograms, no?
:)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: josh_axey on May 02, 2012, 01:45:46 PM
I'm more inclined to think the "body" is Davids suit and boots, the random object his bag and he has donned a space jockey jumpsuit with some strange notion as to using that chair.

The "body" looks blue and like there are boots, but it looks too flat.

That's an okay theory but we've already seen a wide shot where you can see the engineer stalking from the right towards David who is standing there.

Can you point toward that scene or image?
If you are refering to the moment where he's playing with the Orrery it seems to me that ALL the Engineer present are holograms, no?
:)

I'll see if I can find it, but there's an image with David to the left, and the engineer to the right. They're both standing there.

It's not the hologram scene, it seems to play in that same scene where we see the engineer taking steps towards the control chair in the center of the orrey.

Here's one that shows the wider shot in question:

Before the console comes up though, there was a shot with David and the engineer in the frame.

For those of you who honestly think this new image is David/Holloway ... Just look at this guy:

Yeah, pyschonaut, it wasn't the hologram scene.

I may be thinking of a shot someone did that was just showing the scale difference between Jockey and David. Buh.

NGR01

NGR01

If you look closely at the second shot, you will see that there is a human bag near the stairs that lead the the pilot chair. No bag around when David is kneeling on the console.
The plateform is also missing those small consoles like things between sarcophagis so this not at all the same scene...

The angles are almost identical.
David kneeling shot is higher hence making him look a bit smaller.
The Engineer watching shot is a lower angle should make him look a bit bigger.
Both shots are as wide so i think it's a very good comparaison photo.
From the running holograms you can see that David is clearly smaller than a real Engineer.
Here i can clearly see that David is not at all dwarfed by the supposed Engineer ;)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 03:33:15 PM
If you look closely at the second shot, you will see that there is a human bag near the stairs that lead the the pilot chair. No bag around when David is kneeling on the console.
The plateform is also missing those small consoles like things between sarcophagis so this not at all the same scene...

From the running holograms you can see that David is clearly smaller than a real Engineer.
Here i can clearly see that David is not at all dwarfed by the supposed Engineer ;)

Jockeys/enginners aren't supposed to be superhuge(HULK like), but a slightly bigger and taller than humans, I think something similar like Predators, cca. 2.16 meters.

NGR01

NGR01

I won't bring up the SJ from ALIEN because it's clear by now that Scott doesnt use the same size for the Engineers in Prometheus. So lets not bring that one up please.

But in Prometheus they are Avatar Navi like sized not just sligthy bigger than humans.
Have you seen the size of the helmet Shaw brings back to the Prometheus?
Or the size of the full pilot suit in the corridor behind Shaw?
Or the running Holograms in front of David or around him in the Orrery room?
Check those ;)

If the Engineers were not needed to be huge, Scott would have not hired or those abnormaly giants actors like Ian Whyte to play them he would have just used regular actors on heels and padded armors ^^
And on screen he will film Whyte & co to make them look even bigger.

Predators? Really?  ;)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 04:04:24 PM
I won't bring up the SJ from ALIEN because it's clear by now that Scott doesnt use the same size for the Engineers in Prometheus. So lets not bring that one up please.

But in Prometheus they are Avatar Navi like sized not just sligthy bigger than humans.
Have you seen the size of the helmet Shaw brings back to the Prometheus?
Or the size of the full pilot suit in the corridor behind Shaw?
Or the running Holograms in front of David or around him in the Orrery room?
Check those ;)

If the Engineers were not needed to be huge, Scott would have not hired or those abnormaly giants actors like Ian Whyte to play them he would have just used regular actors on heels and padded armors ^^
And on screen he will film Whyte & co to make them look even bigger.

the helmet that shaw bringed back to Prometheus IS bigger, but it is a suit. In suit they can be bigger, but "naked" they can be really only big as predators. And Ian Whyte was playing predator in AVP, so Jockeys ARE the same size as predators, according to the height of the actor portraiting both of them.

NGR01

NGR01

You are confusing an actor's height and the height of the character he's playing.
The guy in Mighty joe young gorilla suit was 5 ft so the gorilla was 5ft too?

GhettoDefendant

GhettoDefendant

Hey guys, don't know if anyone else saw this or not (I didn't feel like reading 8 pages of people arguing over the size of the engineer/jockey/what ev) I was at bar last night. On tv they had the NBA on TNT and I kept getting a glimpse of an ad that looked like there was some rock band in the engineer's map room/chair room. Did anyone else see this? Can anyone clarify?

Mastes1

Mastes1

Quote from: psychonaut25 on May 02, 2012, 03:49:06 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 03:33:15 PM

Jockeys/enginners aren't supposed to be superhuge(HULK like), but a slightly bigger and taller than humans, I think something similar like Predators, cca. 2.16 meters.

You were saying.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 02, 2012, 07:05:08 PM
You were saying.

He was referring to this film. They have been verified in this film to be around 9ft tall.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 07:06:43 PM
Quote from: Mastes1 on May 02, 2012, 07:05:08 PM
You were saying.

He was referring to this film. They have been verified in this film to be around 9ft tall.
which already dwarves the Giger' alen (+8 foot)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

It's two separate shots.....one is of the Jockey starting up the ship...the other is David turning on the holograms...two different scenes. Case closed.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I know this was brought up earlier, but is this a clearerer image of....

Spoiler
....david meeting his maker!!!
[close]

NGR01

NGR01

Empty suit?
If the call sheet is real then yep it's who you know...

Still doesnt explain the human sized Engineer tho...

Ruzena

Ruzena

Quote from: GhettoDefendant on May 02, 2012, 06:47:39 PM
Hey guys, don't know if anyone else saw this or not (I didn't feel like reading 8 pages of people arguing over the size of the engineer/jockey/what ev) I was at bar last night. On tv they had the NBA on TNT and I kept getting a glimpse of an ad that looked like there was some rock band in the engineer's map room/chair room. Did anyone else see this? Can anyone clarify?

Justin Bieber
"Its breaking my arm baby..."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed