New Prey TV Spots Shows New Predator Footage

Started by Feral_PRED, Jul 30, 2022, 08:48:39 PM

Author
New Prey TV Spots Shows New Predator Footage (Read 6,628 times)

The Shuriken

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 31, 2022, 01:34:24 PMI just noticed that the speargun bolts actually "float" before firing and aren't actually mechanically shot.

Slow down the clip and you'll see an effect under the hovering bolt.

Mag-lev type of tech. Basically a little handheld rail gun. Yautja know how to party.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Not gonna look. Got a week.

BIOROBOT

That "low tech" decloaking looks AWESOME.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BIOROBOT on Jul 31, 2022, 11:43:39 PMThat "low tech" decloaking looks AWESOME.

Oh, the actual cloaking effect follows the same kind of lines in the film and I love it.

Spoiler
There's some fantastic shots where it's more translucent, than transparent, and you can see like the Predator's skin as the camera moves before it becomes more invisible again.
[close]

I thought they did a really good job on making it seem less advanced, but still keeping within that spirit.

germanator2

Maybe, just maybe they finally got the Infrared vision right since the first two Predator films. Compared to Predators(s) and "The" Predator, and the first AVP, it looks like they finally got it right. Requiem has really been the only one that has captured the distorted infrared from the first two Predator films, albeit slightly updated just for modern film making. I've say out of all the elements of the Predators we've gotten, when the infrared isn't consistent, it's what frustrates me the most.

TheBATMAN

What are the sounds like for the vision? Is it lifted from P1 and P2 or have they changed it again?

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

Spoiler
I suppose these 3 silver things are the orange "drone" weapons we see against the French dudes in the new video?
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Man spoilers please ! f**k.

SiL

Maybe don't go in threads discussing videos if you're that desperate to avoid spoilers?

Like I get not wanting major plot points spoiled but nothing in that post spoils the the story.

If screenshots and descriptions of contextless shots are spoilers maybe avoid the whole topic until Friday :-\

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

BigDaddyJohn, I apologise.

What i posted i dont even know if i´m right or not. (Since Corporal Hicks edited, i´m pretty sure it´s related) anyway....

I mean no offense but since the thread was about a new video with new shots, and it was SPOILERS Tagged i tought pretty much everybody in the thread would be discussing about the new footage.

Again, i apologise.

Regards.

BigDaddyJohn

No problem, I'm too curious for my own good  ;D

Wantagoodpredmovie

Wantagoodpredmovie

Please, please, please don't let this predator movie suck like some of the previous sequels (although I do have a soft spot for Predator 2, its not as bad as critics say it is, but I digress).

Another question, what is the criteria for Disney to judge "Prey" a success for their online streaming?

BigDaddyJohn

Predator 2 is f**king great man.

paulorangelmelo

I Agree. I really like it, specially the end scene and the music.

bobcunk

Quote from: Wantagoodpredmovie on Aug 03, 2022, 12:09:22 PMPlease, please, please don't let this predator movie suck like some of the previous sequels (although I do have a soft spot for Predator 2, its not as bad as critics say it is, but I digress).

Another question, what is the criteria for Disney to judge "Prey" a success for their online streaming?
is it included with the nembership or a separate rental? And they can probly see hoe many people are watching it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed