PS4 / X-Box One?

Started by Xenoscream, Dec 13, 2013, 10:43:34 AM

Author
PS4 / X-Box One? (Read 4,279 times)

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Will this game just die a death if it's not on the next gen consoles? I can see this being a big problem if it's only on last gen and is not released for a while.

While I have no plans to switch to the PS4 just yet (Still have a few great ps3 games I need to play (Last of Us, Beyond:Two Souls) I can imagine around March time next year I will pick one up and I fully expect more people to do so soon as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I remember one of the (supposed) GBX devs commenting how he'd seen Isolation in motion on the PS4. That said, we're at that cross-over point between generations and it'd be a really terrible business move to only release on the last generation.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Yeah agreed, I'm sure there are a few games that may fall between the cracks, just hope this isn't one of them. I'm betting people are going to be picking up PS4s much faster than with the PS3s due to the more affordable price tag this time round (although we in the UK are shafted as usual).

Nightlord

Nightlord

It's meant to come out on current and next gen consoles if this old job listing is still right.

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/creative-assembly-alien-next-gen.html

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Just like the last time the new consoles came out, companies were still making new titles for current and last gen consoles. I have no doubt this will continue for at least a year. For Pete's sake, we had these things for what, 10 years? I intend to keep using my xbox 360 up until I have to purchase the X-One because I would miss out on the next installment of a franchise I like.

aliens13

aliens13

It would be for PC?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: aliens13 on Dec 14, 2013, 04:20:30 PM
It would be for PC?
Knowing how similar the architecture of the new console is to the PC architecture - yes, it will be on PC. We may safely say that we will see way more games for PC during this gen compared to the last one.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 14, 2013, 04:51:53 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Dec 14, 2013, 04:20:30 PM
It would be for PC?
Knowing how similar the architecture of the new console is to the PC architecture - yes, it will be on PC. We may safely say that we will see way more games for PC during this gen compared to the last one.
Exactly. No need to fear.

szkoki

szkoki

lol PS4 is not even support PS3 games, what a shot in the own foot,  so i'll stick with PS3 for a while, PS Exclusives will be released for PS3 for 1-2 years still and i dont give a F about the 1080p, everything regarding that will go on my pc and still will look better on pc than on ps4

as for the release, Sega released the AVP2010 and ACM for windows aswell almost every console, so why woulndt this one? ;)

Ash 937

Ash 937

It's good that the PS4 and X-Box One will be getting Isolation but from what the developers say, it doesn't sound like it'll be much more than a graphical enhancement over the previous-gen builds.  In a way, this reminds me of the days that I owned a Sega Dreamcast and had to deal with prettier "ports" or PS2 games instead of original games that really took advantage of the Dreamcast's hardware.

Right now, neither PS4 or X-Box One has any game in its arsenal that would have me consider an entire system purchase.  Thankfully, I won't have to do this in the case of Alien: Isolation either.    :D

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Why would Alien: Isolation be anything more than a graphical upgrade for next gen consoles?

Ash 937

Ash 937

Because next gen systems can handle more game content too...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

What exactly could they do in Isolation that these old gen consoles couldn't do gameplay wise?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 11, 2014, 03:05:54 AM
What exactly could they do in Isolation that these old gen consoles couldn't do gameplay wise?

It's coming out for old gen so I am not sure what you're asking...

I know people are annoyed with the transition phase but the resoulution is simple. Keep using your old gen console for games like, BF4, COD, AC, etc. First gen games on new consoles are not going to look nearly as good as the next few generations games will. Because of that, I am keeping my 360 for a little while longer. No need to upgrade just yet when it can handle a lot of the games I just mentioned.

aliens13

aliens13

A question a little off-topic, but I donĀ“t know where ask. I could run this game with a ATI Radeon 6850 1gb and 4gb of RAM?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed