Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 03:10:00 PM
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 03:05:50 PM
General Discussion / Re: Pics of yourself
Last post by LastSonofKrypton - Today at 02:47:07 PM
Fresh haircut and beard trim
If you don't want humanized monsters, then stay far, far, FAR away from Godzilla x Kong.

But also, the whole deal with the Planet of the Apes movies (be it the old series or the current ongoing one) is that the apes are essentially human in all but name. They aren't "monsters" and were never intended to be.
Every breath you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The GODZILLA thread
Last post by nanison - Today at 02:41:01 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 02:03:33 PMAlso, I don't know if Skar King was mo-capped or more traditionally animated, but all the credit in the world to whoever was responsible for his posture and body language.

This is interesting. I have not seen the film but personally I find creature films where these techniques are used usually a let down because it humanizes the monster too much. I prefer a monster to not show human emotions and behavior. It was a big gripe I had with the planet of the apes movies. The apes could have been replaced by another group of humans as the apes just acted like humans anyway.

Take the terminator. In the first film Arnold behaves how we all imagine a robot to behave, he is scary and emotionless but in T2 they give him a bit of human emotions and it takes me out if it.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by LastSonofKrypton - Today at 02:38:49 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 19, 2024, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 18, 2024, 10:23:08 AMThe doctor gave me Tramadol for my back pain and I am currently orbiting the sun

Careful with that stuff.  Tramadol addictions are terrible.

I know. I don't keep my medication at home. My GP has it in her drawer and she gives me two tablets every couple of weeks if my back pain is too severe

I'm a recovering opioid addict myself, and before I suffered from this back issue, I hadn't touched anything about Ibuprofen for almost ten years

The Tramadol aggravated my addiction, but I managed to resist temptation for the most part

It helps that at the height of my addiction I was dropping between 30 and 60 codeine tablets per day because I was so used to it.

Today it would take at least two boxes for me to feel anything, and so I can ignore it because consuming 30 - 60 pain tablets a day is a very bad idea
Upworth and Ricks were totally underdevelopped though. They mainly are there for the shower scene.
Quote from: LightTriad on Today at 04:09:47 AMIf the two franchises maintain a solid track record in film for the next few years then a new Alien Vs Predator film seems inevitable.

This does feel like the case to me. I know Disney/20th Century Studios is sitting on the AVP property for now (no intent to release the Annihilation anime that Fox canned after completion, no reprinting of the Dark Horse AVP comics, no new AVP material from Marvel, etc.) but I think that's mostly just to let the individual franchises breathe and (re)establish themselves under this new Disney/20th Century Studios banner before taking another shot at cramming them together again.

Quote from: LightTriad on Today at 04:09:47 AMAnd I would be disappointed if the film makers didn't take in account all the movies from all three franchises when developing the story.

This, I'm less certain on. I think when a new AVP movie inevitably happens, it is going to be done so in a way without any real restrictions placed on it. I can't imagine a world where anyone coming in to make one of these (personally, I believe that Trachtenberg will at minimum be a producer/story contributor, but might even take it a step further and personally direct) will want to be tied down to what's established in the two existing AVP movies. I'm imagining it as more of a total clean slate, with a future off-Earth setting and no real acknowledgement or expansion of the specific hunting rituals that Anderson baked into his film's history.

I don't expect to see any Predator references from the Alien side of things in the near future, but only time will really tell if Badlands' presentation of the Predator franchise's future plays into what's known/expected from the future of the Alien franchise.
Alien Films / Re: Alien Resurrection - Xenom...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 02:15:13 PM
In A3 Morse says there are no rubbers in the prison.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed