Charlize Theron on Meredith Vickers (New Video) - Spoilers

Started by Space Sweeper, May 16, 2012, 08:09:27 AM

Author
Charlize Theron on Meredith Vickers (New Video) - Spoilers (Read 48,778 times)

Eva

Quote from: Infected on May 16, 2012, 09:22:24 PM
No i correct myself its Shaw on the ground the other one is holding Shaw down for some reason,
the guy walking up the ramp is Holloway.
No doubt about it.

Took an extra look and I'm gonna have to agree with Shaw being the one on the ground, although the pic quality is crap

So, is she being hold down because she wants to stop Holloway? If that's the case, is Holloway essentially walking towards Vickers knowing fully well what she'll do? A kind of 'assisted suicide'?

Infected

Quote from: Eva on May 16, 2012, 09:33:48 PM
No i correct myself its Shaw on the ground the other one is holding Shaw down for some reason,
No doubt about it.

Took an extra look and I'm gonna have to agree with Shaw being the one on the ground, although the pic quality is crap

http://i47.tinypic.com/scrzg3.jpg

So, is she being hold down because she wants to stop Holloway? If that's the case, is Holloway essentially walking towards Vickers knowing fully well what she'll do? A kind of 'assisted suicide'?
She wants to save her lover i guess,
i think he is walking towards her because she is the only one posing a threat to him,brake her neck when close enough.
She fries him they take Shaw inside Vickers gets inside too they let Holloway burn and die and then the red shirts come to clean the mess up and voila Holloway stands up and starts a rampage in the cargo bay.
That would be my guess. the most obvious.

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteShe wants to save her lover i guess,
i think he is walking towards her because she is the only one posing a threat to him,brake her neck when close enough.
She fries him they take Shaw inside Vickers gets inside too they let Holloway burn and die and then the red shirts come to clean the mess up and voila Holloway stands up and starts a rampage in the cargo bay.

It's an interesting theory, except for the fact that we know through many months of careful study of the screencaps that the 'monster' is actually an infected/reanimated/mutated Fifield. This also conflicts with the theory of Holloway
Spoiler
raping Shaw and getting her impregnated with an alien
[close]

Infected

Infected

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 16, 2012, 09:47:57 PM
QuoteShe wants to save her lover i guess,

It's an interesting theory, except for the fact that we know through many months of careful study of the screencaps that the 'monster' is actually an infected/reanimated/mutated Fifield. This also conflicts with the theory of Holloway
Spoiler
raping Shaw and getting her impregnated with an alien
[close]
True,but seeing the screens it has to be like this or close to this.
Fifield being a infected one doesnt rule out there will be more infected,
the guy holding Shaw down must understand that there is something wrong with Holoway in a bad way,
and Vickers does too,its possible that Fifield is killed earlier and therefor the crew knows what bad infections they are dealing with.
Or Fifield comes in later and again an action scene in the cargo bay  :P
Ps. the rape im not sure if it will happen.

Eva

Eva

It sort of suggests (being very careful here), that the teams first expedition into the temple goes somewhat undramatic - they all come back with stories to tell  - and Holloway with an infection that he presumably first notices when looking in that mirror. Or he gets the infection somehow onboard the Prometheus - the exploding head, David messing about with one of the urns...

When everything goes to hell, it could be a different/the next expedition - Milburn getting some frenchkissing, Fifield getting some love too. Hence they return in bad shape and cue the scene with Vickers setting some of them ablaze, cue Fifield going beserk in the bay area...

It sort of makes sense in context with the scene with David, Shaw and others entering the Juggernaut control room - remember Davids fresh remark. This could be part of the first succesful expedition - them entering the ship without actually realizing it's a ship but thinking it's part of the temple. We've seen that the two are connected by an underground tunnel in the HD shots of the temple scan. It makes sense, because the team are so intrigued but relaxed in that scene, explorerers - no sensation of danger at all. Shaw doesn't look like a person who just witnessed her boyfriend being toased, not to mention all the other shit that goes down...

szkoki

szkoki

cool, so she's just like Sarge in the movie Doom, i always loved his character too ^^

if you know what i mean

"
...Sarge kills The Kid out of nowhere because he didnt do what his commanding officer said (killing innocent peoples)...
- God damn it, this was his first mission!!! - Reaper
- And its not gonna be my LAST!!!!!!! I need soldiers! I dont need anybody else but soldiers!!!!!!!! - Sarge"

Spoiler
so Holloway got flamethrowered ^^ this is how you sustain quarantine Ripley! :v
[close]

Infected

Probably yes,
explains the driving scenes the happy return and the crazy run.

Maybe Someone contacts Prometheus when shit goes wrong and inform the rest of what happend with Holloway or they find out about something through cameras and stuff inside the Prometheus.
Or the away team falls apart and Holloway and Fifield dont make it back and after the storm they come back,
therefor Shaw on the ground being so happy that her lover has returned.
anyway gotta get some sleep   :laugh:

Dorian Gray

Let the flame wars begin.

thecaffeinatedone

Or, an alternate theory: Shaw is raped/infected by Holloway at some point after Weyland is revealed...Shaw stumbles out bloody, falls to knees and sees weyland...Holloway escapes and heads off to make a pilgrimage to the temple. Weyland does too....they retrieve a delusional Holloway and he gets torched?

EDIT:

Oh, hell, I don't think that makes much sense either  :-\

killingvector

Quote from: Eva on May 16, 2012, 05:00:04 PM
Or he thinks she's bluffing...

Noticed this shot of Vickers, observing the collision above her (reflected in her helmet)

http://i49.tinypic.com/30kvuwp.jpg

Knew it was a question of minutes before Cvalda would make dat gif  ;D

The worry here is that, combined with the EW photo:

Spoiler

Vickers may be crushed by the falling debris.

[close]

Mechafist

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 17, 2012, 01:25:25 AM
Or, an alternate theory: Shaw is raped/infected by Holloway at some point after Weyland is revealed...Shaw stumbles out bloody, falls to knees and sees weyland...Holloway escapes and heads off to make a pilgrimage to the temple. Weyland does too....they retrieve a delusional Holloway and he gets torched?
Not before David mutates himself and transforms into a Engineer ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 16, 2012, 12:37:33 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 16, 2012, 10:37:47 AM
I think the biggest mystery is the urns and how they fit into all this.
The urns are prisons for the universes most dangerous criminals, irregardless of species. The giant head is just the Wardens sly attempt at humor. Clearly that snake thing is a raper of men.

lol
lol. I must say though that the space jockey's do seem to have a penchant for engineering organisms that rape a person's face.

Quote from: Eva on May 16, 2012, 09:33:48 PM
No doubt about it.

http://i47.tinypic.com/scrzg3.jpg

That's defnitely shaw being held down, but who is holding her down? David?

MrSpaceJockey

urvile

I was thinking that too but figured I must be wrong

Man, I'm going to spoil the whole damn movie at this rate

MrSpaceJockey

In that case, I hope I'm wrong.

I really have to stop watching all these videos.  But seeing Vickers as such a badass burning some poor fella to protect her ship really excites me for her character, and what'll she be like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed