THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018)

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 23, 2018, 05:22:16 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018) (Read 25,216 times)

Danversity

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 02, 2018, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: Danversity on Sep 02, 2018, 08:14:51 PM
They already made it clear several times that Upgrade is ONE guy who was especially made for this. The franchise won't become a 10-foot tall Predator party, especially after the Upgrade fails in his mission in this one. Just like Aliens didn't shove the Alien Queen in every movie after she appeared. They're gonna do something else, and whatever it is we're just gonna have to wait and see.

I don't think it's a matter of 10' creatures forever. But in the last movie we had the beserkers, now we have the upgrade. That's two movies in a row where the classic predator has been outmatched by larger/stronger hybrids. There's only so many times this can be done before people start wondering, "are the classic predators just the Kevin Hart's of their species?".

I'm all for seeing new and awesome things, but the bigger and badder the new predators get, the less ferocious the originals become.

I don't think I have the slightest problem with that. Because yes, from a biological, physical point of view, the original Predators are the weakest ones. Fine. That doesn't mean that they're always gonna be the least dangerous ones. In a future movie, a smaller, traditional Predator may very well be shown as more dangerous than anything else just because of a specific set of skills he has that other original Predators didn't have, or for being more intelligent, his hunting tactics and everything. That's absolutely normal and a very strong possibility.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 02, 2018, 08:14:51 PM
They already made it clear several times that Upgrade is ONE guy who was especially made for this. The franchise won't become a 10-foot tall Predator party, especially after the Upgrade fails in his mission in this one. Just like Aliens didn't shove the Alien Queen in every movie after she appeared. They're gonna do something else, and whatever it is we're just gonna have to wait and see.

I don't think it's a matter of 10' creatures forever. But in the last movie we had the beserkers, now we have the upgrade. That's two movies in a row where the classic predator has been outmatched by larger/stronger hybrids. There's only so many times this can be done before people start wondering, "are the classic predators just the Kevin Hart's of their species?".

I'm all for seeing new and awesome things, but the bigger and badder the new predators get, the less ferocious the originals become.

The Berserkers weren't the Super Predators in the end. Depending on how much of the concept makes it through in the end, the Upgrade could be a legitimate "super" Predator. Regardless, this time around it will be visibly at least more physically bigger than the original.

And besides...we've seen Predators bested by small monkeys for ages too. They don't just lose to their own kind too.  :P

Wysps

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 02, 2018, 09:38:47 PM

I don't think I have the slightest problem with that. Because yes, from a biological, physical point of view, the original Predators are the weakest ones. Fine. That doesn't mean that they're always gonna be the least dangerous ones. In a future movie, a smaller, traditional Predator may very well be shown as more dangerous than anything else just because of a specific set of skills he has that other original Predators didn't have, or for being more intelligent, his hunting tactics and everything. That's absolutely normal and a very strong possibility.

Exactly, maybe a smaller Bad Blood who fights really dirty (the proverbial raping and pillaging). Or a Trojan horse type scenario, with a "benevolent" Predator that uses humanity for its own gain. There are plenty of routes that can be taken. I do feel that the continuous upgrading of the Predator after each movie is concerning, but it doesn't necessarily spell the death of the original Predators and how they can still be the main antagonists in future films.

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 03, 2018, 07:45:04 PM
Quote from: Danversity on Sep 02, 2018, 09:38:47 PM

Exactly, maybe a smaller Bad Blood who fights really dirty (the proverbial raping and pillaging). Or a Trojan horse type scenario, with a "benevolent" Predator that uses humanity for its own gain. There are plenty of routes that can be taken. I do feel that the continuous upgrading of the Predator after each movie is concerning, but it doesn't necessarily spell the death of the original Predators and how they can still be the main antagonists in future films.

:o

"Not unless I consent, Mr. Yautja. You're not nice like Scar!"

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 03, 2018, 07:45:04 PM

I wouldn't say it was continuous. It was an old concept for the last one, it's actually been realised in this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed