THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018)

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 23, 2018, 05:22:16 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR - Bigger, Better, Badder Featurette | AMC Theatres (2018) (Read 25,206 times)

yautjapet

I figure it's not really any different than a human war cry.

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 28, 2018, 08:10:39 PM
Don't we bellow sometimes in our every day life ? I have some specific moments in mind ahem...  ;D

Everybody's got a morning routine.  ;)

Wysps

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 28, 2018, 09:06:26 PM
I figure it's not really any different than a human war cry.

Very similar I'd say. People also do the same thing when they go hunting, albeit not exactly a squeal and in much lower tones. And hoot and holler at the TV screen when watching their sports games, so there's that too.

Corporal Hicks

So when someone walks through the office door 5 minutes before home time.

Nathsp

Aliens was one of the best examples of how you expand a universe, giving something to the xeno that makes it more than a b movie monster, cameron gave the alien a realistic lifecycle, not the stupid scott mess...
That upgrade is boring, i just rather have the fugitive only, its another "lets make it bigger and dumber". More hulks, domsdays, indominus...
Anyway cant wait to see the movie, im curios in how much black can damage the legacy of this creature, now we even have dogs with dreads! Cmon...

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 30, 2018, 11:22:21 PM
Aliens was one of the best examples of how you expand a universe, giving something to the xeno that makes it more than a b movie monster, cameron gave the alien a realistic lifecycle, not the stupid scott mess...
That upgrade is boring, i just rather have the fugitive only, its another "lets make it bigger and dumber". More hulks, domsdays, indominus...
Anyway cant wait to see the movie, im curios in how much black can damage the legacy of this creature, now we even have dogs with dreads! Cmon...

But if it didn't have the assassin and the story that goes with it, how would this universe expand in this movie if it's just a regular pred on the hunt again ?

Nathsp

Why not make the predator the protagonist? Scaping from humans while kill them in revenge, expand its background as specie.. Theres plenty of better ideas than a big mutated pred with dogs with dreads.. Sounds dumb..

Hollywood

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 30, 2018, 11:49:43 PM
Why not make the predator the protagonist?

Why not make him the antagonist?

QuoteScaping from humans while kill them in revenge, expand its background as specie..

Wow what a great idea.

QuoteTheres plenty of better ideas than a big mutated pred with dogs with dreads.. Sounds dumb..

Such an easy, simple-minded criticism. "Why does batman fight a guy in makeup and lipstick.. sounds dumb" ok ::)

Huggs

Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 12:16:30 AM
"Why does batman fight a guy in makeup and lipstick.. sounds dumb" ok ::)

I'm no superman fan either but damn that was cold.  :D

Danversity

And you keep at it of saying the Upgrade is "dumber", what's with this bullshit? Where did you get that from? The movie isn't even out yet, and the closest lead we've got as to the Upgrade's intelligence is how they're selling him, and they're selling him as SMARTER. Shane said it himself in tons of interviews; he's bigger, more dangerous, and smarter. Stop making assumptions, you haven't seen the movie yet. If after you see it you still wanna call the Upgrade dumb and you have good basis for that, be my guest, we're all ears. Up until then the only thing that's stupid here is to pull this argument without having even seen the thing yet.

Huggs

Even I have to admit, Upgrade is coming off rather well. He seems to be plenty capable, and I look forward to seeing what he's got up his sleeve.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 31, 2018, 01:23:30 AM
And you keep at it of saying the Upgrade is "dumber", what's with this bullshit? Where did you get that from? The movie isn't even out yet, and the closest lead we've got as to the Upgrade's intelligence is how they're selling him, and they're selling him as SMARTER. Shane said it himself in tons of interviews; he's bigger, more dangerous, and smarter. Stop making assumptions, you haven't seen the movie yet. If after you see it you still wanna call the Upgrade dumb and you have good basis for that, be my guest, we're all ears. Up until then the only thing that's stupid here is to pull this argument without having even seen the thing yet.

I think he refers to the whole idea, not the creature itself.

@Nathsp, it's really not dumb. There are many logical aspects of it, if you think a little. A, if you've seen that preds are sports hunters, and it's just fun for them, it really pisses them off that some ape like weakling messed with their game. Some fractions might even go full crazy about it. That's how it works so many times (think as this community, no need to go far, and they're supposed to be sapient creatures as well).
B, If they have some purpose and hunt is an active part of their society, why couldn't they use the traits of the prey/"enemy" to make themselves better. They have so many primitive aspects. Primitive tribes believed in things like this. They just have the means to make it reality.

Aliens is not a good example imho. It expanded the universe, but at what cost? Took away the unique intelligence of the creature, made it yes, in a way more formidable, but also transformed it into something really less interesting.

Nathsp

Yes I was refering to the whole idea of it, not the inteligence of the character.
About the joker, its a comic, and the better aproach would be that now the joker become a giant mutated monster with joker dogs that also use make up...
The predator from stan windston was perfect, the tribal aspect, the weapons, all of it make it unique, shane black removed all of this and transform it into another big cgi monster, the idea while can be great to see sounds lazy, its the same as any other modern movie, megalodon whoaaa a bigger shark...
About the aliens, cameron remove the individual inteligence of it, but gave them something more powerfull, a society, a collective inteligence, a realistic and more efficient lifecycle.
And dont get me wrong, i really hope the best from the movie, its just that the idea of the upgrade is to stupid, lazy and unnecesary, a smaller guy that hits hard is cooler than a big guy doing the same

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 31, 2018, 08:39:13 AM
Yes I was refering to the whole idea of it, not the inteligence of the character.
About the joker, its a comic, and the better aproach would be that now the joker become a giant mutated monster with joker dogs that also use make up...
The predator from stan windston was perfect, the tribal aspect, the weapons, all of it make it unique, shane black removed all of this and transform it into another big cgi monster, the idea while can be great to see sounds lazy, its the same as any other modern movie, megalodon whoaaa a bigger shark...
About the aliens, cameron remove the individual inteligence of it, but gave them something more powerfull, a society, a collective inteligence, a realistic and more efficient lifecycle.
And dont get me wrong, i really hope the best from the movie, its just that the idea of the upgrade is to stupid, lazy and unnecesary, a smaller guy that hits hard is cooler than a big guy doing the same

But like you said, the unique aspect of it was introduced and used pefectly in the first movie. You do the same now, and it's not unique anymore.

Hollywood

Quote from: Nathsp on Aug 31, 2018, 08:39:13 AM
About the joker, its a comic,

So?

Quote...and the better aproach would be that now the joker become a giant mutated monster with joker dogs that also use make up...

The point went over your head. Your criticism is simple and based on face value of what we have. Anything can "sound dumb" on paper including one of the greatest villains ever developed in comics and on film.

QuoteThe predator from stan windston was perfect, the tribal aspect

You're saying the predators in this film won't have tribal characteristics and customs?

Quotethe weapons, all of it make it unique,

They still have weapons in this movie...

Quoteshane black removed all of this

You're simply wrong about that, sorry.

Quote...and transform it into another big cgi monster, the idea while can be great to see sounds lazy, its the same as any other modern movie, megalodon whoaaa a bigger shark...

That argument sounds lazy. Do you think the CGI looks bad? What other monsters would you compare the predator to because the megalodon is one that is rather simple-minded (and only one way of killing its victims).

QuoteAbout the aliens, cameron remove the individual inteligence of it, but gave them something more powerfull, a society, a collective inteligence, a realistic and more efficient lifecycle.

They're so intelligent they swarm towards their death like zombies and their realistic efficient lifecycle hinges on them seeking out lifeforms that can kill them. How many aliens died in effort to impregnate a handful of marines?

QuoteAnd dont get me wrong, i really hope the best from the movie

I'm sure, that's why you said "Anyway cant wait to see the movie, im curios in how much black can damage the legacy of this creature."

Quote...its just that the idea of the upgrade is to stupid, lazy and unnecesary, a smaller guy that hits hard is cooler than a big guy doing the same

Says who?

Did Rocky ever fight a smaller guy that hits hard or did he beat the snot out of a giant Russian man and deliver one of the best movies in the franchise?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed