Best non-Predator pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 11, 2016, 11:05:18 AM

Author
Best non-Predator pictures (Read 91,360 times)

Corporal Hicks

I still love Brody myself. His non-Arnie-ness didn't detract at all for me. I thought he brought a nice weight to it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I simultaneously think Brody was entirely miscast and also really awesome in the part.

overthere

overthere

Brody was great. At the time I didn't know him from other roles and I didn't think he was out of place at all. You only think that because you saw him in The Pianist first.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I was fine with the whole cast, not with the rest of the movie  :P

Shugsi

Shugsi

I didn't know Gerald Butler was asked. He would have worked but what we got worked too.

Corporal Hicks

Shugsi

Shugsi

Will put it on now thanks.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2020, 11:13:59 AM
If you haven't, have a listen: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/08/31/the-hunts-not-taken-an-interview-with-predators-screenwriter-alex-litvak-avp-galaxy-podcast-114/

It's a good one. Went in to quite a few details!
Almost through it all now. Shame they never brought Dutch back.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 04, 2020, 08:54:39 AM
I simultaneously think Brody was entirely miscast and also really awesome in the part.

That's a real interesting perspective. Did he shine in areas for you that someone only miscast could do? Maybe like a Michael Keaton in Batman? 

Now much of this is script related, but ironically the badass muscle-bound, testosterone fueled man that is Arnold came across much more vulnerable than the every man Brody.

If you separate Royce from your thoughts a moment, in a bubble, how awesome would have Brody been as Edwin over Topher Grace? Now that is another original casting idea I also love. Brody as a serial killer? That I can believe!  It gives me chills! And his acting chops could have sold his early ambiguous presentation for sure!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Dec 04, 2020, 09:40:16 AMYou only think that because you saw him in The Pianist first.

I've never seen that film, so no, I don't.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 04, 2020, 01:04:18 PMThat's a real interesting perspective. Did he shine in areas for you that someone only miscast could do? Maybe like a Michael Keaton in Batman?

Not especially. Tbh I think he's a far better actor than the part deserved (or required), but the script doesn't really give him the opportunity to show it. Maybe the moment when he starts quoting Hemingway but it's a few seconds and then it's gone.

But at the same time, the fact he's such a good actor means he still manages to pull off a part that on paper is all wrong for him. I really dig him in the film. I'd even like to see him return. But even in a sequel I'd probably still have very ambivalent feelings about it :laugh:

overthere

overthere

Speaking of Topher Grace's role, how do the Predators know he's a serial killer? Are Predators like Santa? They have a list of naughty people and they're checking it twice?

Shugsi

Shugsi

I can see that actually. Dutch being more vulnerable. A situation I doubt a man like that would have had before.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on Dec 04, 2020, 02:03:01 PM
Speaking of Topher Grace's role, how do the Predators know he's a serial killer? Are Predators like Santa? They have a list of naughty people and they're checking it twice?

Same way as they knew about the others. They were tracking and observing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2020, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: overthere on Dec 04, 2020, 02:03:01 PM

Same way as they knew about the others. They were tracking and observing.

But how did he got on their radar in the first place ? The others I kinda get, they are all in warzones which attracts preds, so they can stand out and get noticed, but a single serial killer ? He was committing mass murders maybe ? 

PS : that is also appliable to Stans.

Master Chief

Master Chief

The Predators are hunters capable of interstellar space travel with super (added for emphasis) advanced tech.  They were probably scanning news sources for crimes that stood out, zeroed in, and found themselves a serial killer.  Same with Stans.  If I can go to a website and see why people are locked up, so can the Preds.  They then have their pick of the litter.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Makes sense. They're always the first to get the best Black Friday deals too. No flies on them Predators I can tell you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed