Wweyland

Wweyland

Damn, I knew that was Chat GPT immidately

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

Highland

Highland

Gotta give it to the person in charge of the run times. I just watched the Episode (2?) where he gets captured and the director managed to perfectly recreate almost exactly the same 10 minutes you just watched, but with Bokatan instead of Mando.

I was like....is this a Groundhog/Startrek time loop episode?  :laugh:

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Highland on Mar 22, 2023, 10:44:14 PMGotta give it to the person in charge of the run times. I just watched the Episode (2?) where he gets captured and the director managed to perfectly recreate almost exactly the same 10 minutes you just watched, but with Bokatan instead of Mando.

It seems to very much be the Bo Katan show this season!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2023, 03:41:57 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 21, 2023, 05:04:40 PMI really really really don't care, I don't want to see it.

Dear Blue,

I hope this letter finds you well. We've had discussions in the past about the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and you've expressed some hesitation about whether you'll enjoy it. As a huge fan of the franchise, I wanted to take some time to try and persuade you to give it another chance.

The sequel trilogy continues the stories of some of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars universe, including Luke, Leia, and Han. We get to see how these characters have grown and evolved since the original trilogy, which I believe is something any true Star Wars fan would be excited about. Additionally, the sequel trilogy introduces a new cast of characters, including Rey, Finn, and Poe, who are equally compelling and interesting.

One of the most striking things about the sequel trilogy is the stunning visuals and action sequences. The lightsaber battles, space battles, and other action scenes are some of the most thrilling moments in the entire franchise. As a fan of sci-fi and fantasy storytelling, I believe you'll appreciate the spectacle and excitement of these sequences.

Moreover, the sequel trilogy expands the Star Wars universe in ways that I think will intrigue you. We get to visit new planets, encounter new creatures and cultures, and explore the mythology of the Force and the Jedi in new and exciting ways. I think you'll find the worldbuilding in the sequel trilogy to be engaging and immersive.

Another thing to note about the sequel trilogy is the themes it explores. It touches on themes of hope, redemption, and the power of choice. It shows that even in the darkest of times, there is always a chance for redemption, and that the smallest actions can make a difference. These themes are universal and timeless, and I believe you'll appreciate them.

In summary, I hope you'll consider giving the Star Wars sequel trilogy another chance. It has a lot to offer, and I think you'll find it to be an enjoyable and worthwhile addition to the Star Wars universe.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

(ChatGPT, an AI language model)

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The writer of Serenity (2019)... this could be hilarious.  :laugh:

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2023, 03:00:33 AMThe writer of Serenity (2019)... this could be hilarious.  :laugh:
Was that the movie where it
Spoiler
turned out they were in a videogame or something like that?
[close]

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Highland on Mar 22, 2023, 10:44:14 PMGotta give it to the person in charge of the run times. I just watched the Episode (2?) where he gets captured and the director managed to perfectly recreate almost exactly the same 10 minutes you just watched, but with Bokatan instead of Mando.

Exactly, that's why I mentioned the "bad plot economics" a while back.
I think there were actually 3-4 different points where a character goes into that one tunnel with the show making you feel like it's the first time, with the ominous music and slow camera pan.
It starts with the droid...
This could have been condensed into them all going in together (Bo Katan joins them from the start), Bo Katan giving exposition to the fallen city, etc.
But of course, then you would have to actually have more plot in the episode...

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 23, 2023, 08:35:05 AM

Exactly, that's why I mentioned the "bad plot economics" a while back.
I think there were actually 3-4 different points where a character goes into that one tunnel with the show making you feel like it's the first time, with the ominous music and slow camera pan.
It starts with the droid...
This could have been condensed into them all going in together (Bo Katan joins them from the start), Bo Katan giving exposition to the fallen city, etc.
But of course, then you would have to actually have more plot in the episode...

It's a video game show, but they don't need to be THAT obvious. Even going to "pick up the parts" feels like a side quest you need before you enter the cave.

It would have been much cooler if Bo knew a different route in or came across a different hazard, but I legit think they just used the exact shots with different CGI models.

Even flying into the Planet I'm like - " why am I sitting through this part again?"  :laugh:

Wweyland

Wweyland

Wouldn't it have been better from a writing perspective for Bo Katan to have a "Ripley moment"?
Realizing that she needs to go to Mandalore, instead of sitting around.
Maybe she looks in a mirror and sees her sad life sitting around.
Then she either joins up with Mando just before he enters the cave, or ends up saving him later.
But then you have less for Grogu to do, but he can do something else.

Have the characters react to events less and deciding/evolving more.

Highland

Highland

20 minutes into Episode 4 I switched off which is a first for me, I usually finish things even if I don't like them. They lost whatever little magic they had in that middle season.

My kid could have written Episode 4 on the back of a napkin  :'( 

Have they changed the people who make this or something? This isn't the show I remember in Season 2. Completely blown it!

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Highland on Mar 23, 2023, 12:32:25 PM20 minutes into Episode 4 I switched off which is a first for me, I usually finish things even if I don't like them. They lost whatever little magic they had in that middle season.

My kid could have written Episode 4 on the back of a napkin  :'( 

Have they changed the people who make this or something? This isn't the show I remember in Season 2. Completely blown it!

no they haven't changed anyone in production side for Mandoverse

Highland

Highland

Weird, not feeling it at all. I really liked Season 2 as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed