Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 159,525 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 04, 2011, 04:51:54 PM
I honestly don't even know what the big deal is in terms of a physical matte painting or a digital one. I've been BLOWN AWAY by digital backdrops that were/are so stunningly beautiful in their perfection. If I'm wowed, I'm wowed, it doesn't matter what the medium is.

Gollum is another WOW for me and absolutely proves how amazing CG can be if used perfectly.

Dude, don't get him started on the "Jaw dropping" Blade runner scene again.

Gash

Gash

Gollum is another WOW for me and absolutely proves how amazing CG can be if used perfectly.

Hmm, I'm afraid we part company on that point. Gollum, whilst a digital leap forward, still didn't convince at all, though it might  have helped if I could understand what the tit was saying.

Glaive

Glaive

Why have these boards devolved into pro/anti CGI effects bollocks...

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Gash on Dec 04, 2011, 04:57:53 PM

Hmm, I'm afraid we part company on that point. Gollum, whilst a digital leap forward, still didn't convince at all, though it might  have helped if I could understand what the tit was saying.

Stupid fat Hobbit!

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Spoiler
To those who haven't seen it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r5YGGKRIEI#ws

When you click the link, you'll see that the description says that the official trailer will come out on Dec. 12.
[close]

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: AVPVT Extinction on Dec 04, 2011, 05:53:41 PM
Spoiler

[close]

WOAH!!...Never seen THAT before... :P

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 04, 2011, 06:02:19 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Like I said, the video is for the people who HAVEN'T seen it, yet.

Alien³

Alien³

Please be the 12th of December!  :o

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: AVPVT Extinction on Dec 04, 2011, 06:03:26 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Where did you say that? ???

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 04, 2011, 06:53:15 PM
Quote from: AVPVT Extinction on Dec 04, 2011, 06:03:26 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Where did you say that? ???
Click on the SPOILER tag again.  It supposed to say:  "To those who haven't see it."

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 04, 2011, 04:24:42 PM
I do remember an obvious 'CGI looking' wide scale (overhead i think) shot of The Colosseum in Gladiator and being unimpressed because it looked just like what it was.....CGI
I just couldnt recall the scene you mentioned, and I'm pretty sure it wasnt this one.

No, that's not the shot.  I agree that the overhead shot of the Collosseum is obviously CGI, I'd say it's the weakest shot in Gladiator.  The shot being described is when the gladiators enter the Collosseum in Rome for the first time and the fact that you personally can't remember it seems irrelevant.  It's an iconic shot in cinema and one of the greatest examples of CGI.

Here's a link to that scene, albiet in poor quality.  The discussed shot occurs from 1:05 to 1:35...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfgKkhVHI-4#ws

Gash

Gash

Yes, that's the shot I was talking about. Also though it should be pointed out that the overhead view of the Colosseum that's been mentioned is actually still the built sets in Malta, augmented by CGI rather than a pure CGI shot.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Gash on Dec 04, 2011, 09:56:18 PM
Yes, that's the shot I was talking about. Also though it should be pointed out that the overhead view of the Colosseum that's been mentioned is actually still the built sets in Malta, augmented by CGI rather than a pure CGI shot.

I knew that was the shot because as has been said it's iconic.

I suspected it was augmented CGI for the overhead shot but I do maintain that it's the only shot in Gladiator that looks fake.  I think it might have to do with the lighting and the CG birds.

unkle73

unkle73

Where can I find the trailer now it has been removed? Does anyone have a copy of it in a file they can email me, or at least the still pics?

Many thanks.

Never say no to Panda!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r5YGGKRIEI#ws

If it gets down again just search youtube for "Prometheus Trailer" and sort by date, it's reuploaded all the time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed