The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP

Started by Scree, Apr 03, 2014, 09:26:43 PM

Author
The 10-Year-Anniversary of AVP (Read 38,223 times)

FatBrando

FatBrando

Acting was better?...no. No it wasn't. AVPR has some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Corny, over the top soap opera garbage. With the lead doing some bizarre action Tom Cruise impression...ugh, makes me want to puke. None of the characters were like-able or relatable in any way. The first film had actual actors. No they weren't any good in it either but there is only so much you can do with a bad director, a terrible script and lousy editing. This is a series that contains great actors! Like Sigorney Weaver, Lance Henrikson, Ian Holm, John Hurt, Yaphett Koto, and Charles Dance! Classically trained! Directors like Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher! Jean-Pierre Juenet! Granted Resurrection sucked but he's still a good director. The reason the franchises are suffering is because of miss-management from the studios and producers like John Davis. They don't put the money towards a quality product. They dont hire good actors, good directors, writers, etc. They don't respect the universe. They see it as rubber monsters fighting in outer space. They look at it with all the reverence of an old Godzilla move.

Liberator

Liberator

How about a novel in this series?

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

Love it still  ;D

<runs for the door> :P </runs for the door>

SM

SM

AND STAY OUT!!

Russ

Russ

Love the tagline, that's brilliant!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Russ on Sep 03, 2014, 06:38:05 AM
Love the tagline, that's brilliant!

Agreed. It brought me a little smile on my face..

Milan

Milan

I'm one of those who first loved avp-r and hated avp, then I hated both because I was focusing on the flaws, took a couple of years of and rewatched the movies with a neutral state of mind and enjoyed both. Had no problems with watching avp-r on my Tv with the blue ray in the PS4. Remember that I could really see the Alien in the store, something that was new to me. Both movies still have their pros and cons but I rather focus on the big picture then get stuck and hating on the alien killing the Predator with the magic tail or the predator flooring the alien with the magic punch.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Is the AvP-R Blu-Ray really better in terms of picture and brightness comparison than to the DVD?

Milan

Milan

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 03, 2014, 08:11:50 AM
Is the AvP-R Blu-Ray really better in terms of picture and brightness comparison than to the DVD?

Well, I've had the both the DVD and the Blu-Ray from the day ithey got released here in Sweden, I first saw the movie with PS3 and an older Plasma TV (LG), and my opinion is that the blu-ray is slightly better but the darkness issue is still present.

These days I use my PS4 and I bought a newer TV, a LG LED TV (47LM620T:ze), maybe it's the combination that removes the darkness issue, cause, the Alien used to look like a shadow before but when I watched the movie again a week ago, I could see the alien very clean. It surprised me because I didn't expect it at all.

Scree

Scree

Quote from: avpjunkie on Sep 03, 2014, 04:36:16 AM
Love it still  ;D

Best AVPGALAXY-member, ever. :)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Scree on Sep 03, 2014, 10:18:15 AM
Best AVPGALAXY-member, ever. :)

Hey, I still love AvP too! I just sorely wish that Fox would continue with the storyline that the first film had established and set the franchise as a parallel but separate continuity from the Predator franchise and the Alien franchise, while still maintaining links to the first two Predator films, and the four Alien films. We would have three paths to choose from.

But the realist in me says that with the approach Fox is taking things now, that is not really likely to happen.  :(

Milan

Milan

Lately I've been thinking about if they could link the queen from avp with space traffic control center in antartica from Aliens and have a movie about something that happening there, she gets discovered...they make her come alive and she's no sleeping beauty...
...No, she's one angry b***h :-) The Predators haven't forgotten about her, they've been watching her all along and when the colonal marines are sent in to clean s**t up it soon becomes a welcome setting for the Predators, war/ conflict. For a long long time they have been patiently waiting for the queen to come alive, for the humans to become strong enough to face the aliens...for the ultimate hunt to begin. And a hundred years from now, antartica isn't as cold as it is these days...god bless the ozone layer and let the hunt begin :-D

I think it could work, It could still be on earth, expanding on the story that began there but at the same time it can be set in the future and it would make it possible for us to see the colonal marines in action again.

SM

SM

It's an extraordinarily long way from Bouvet to Antarctica.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2014, 09:57:29 PM
It's an extraordinarily long way from Bouvet to Antarctica.

But isn't it in antartica, close to Norway? And is there any confirmation on where the space traffic control center is located, I just remember them mentioning antartica in the movie Aliens.

SM

SM

Norway?

Traffic control would likely be close to the south pole in order to monitor the southern sky (the Nostromo was coming from the constellation of Reticulum - relative to Earth - which is a southern constellation.)

Bouvetoya is nearly 2000km from tha RSA base SANAE IV in Antarctica.  It's another 2000km from there to the pole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed