Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 423,817 times)

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2018, 02:19:14 PM
It's not to say they can't be. Might just be one particular tribe that has settled down.
That filled the wide shot with a sprawling city on the edge of vulcano lake...

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 27, 2018, 02:46:29 PM
recent AVP trilogy
Which one?

Corporal Hicks

Not all the buildings had to be inhabited. And even if it did, who knows how large a tribe can actually get.

Wysps is referring to The Rage War.

skull-splitter

Need to look those up then.

Wysps

I had many gripes with the trilogy, but I did appreciate how the Predators were portrayed (as a "traditionalist"  :laugh:)

Corporal Hicks

It's really different feel than any of the other Alien or Predator novels. I think the Predators are a little underpowered in the first part but after that they're badasses!

skull-splitter

To be fair: I only read all the comics that where out till 2012, after which a few new ones where published.

Tetsujin

The Rundown: Season 2 Episode 1

https://www.thepredator.fox/feeds/the-rundown-season-2-episode-1?req_type=html&k=747ba234

Short behind-the-scenes footage from The Predator

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 28, 2018, 08:44:50 AM
It's really different feel than any of the other Alien or Predator novels. I think the Predators are a little underpowered in the first part but after that they're badasses!

That was a clever ruse on the author's part. I liked how the humans (and readers) were duped into thinking the Predators weren't all that, and then when they started actually fighting back...asses kicked everywhere.

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 29, 2018, 09:13:50 AM
To be fair: I only read all the comics that where out till 2012, after which a few new ones where published.

I've just read the AvP comics, but I'm considering dipping my toes in the Predator comics also. I just wish the omnibuses were better quality...

BigDaddyJohn

Oh oh... About the rundown video, and for those who've read the script
Spoiler
we can see Olivia Munn jumping on something big at 1:30, like in the script when she jumps on the upgrade to cut off his "hair", so this scene has been shot like it was planned, but obviously before reshoots... Wondering if this has been kept or modified...
[close]

skull-splitter

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 30, 2018, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 28, 2018, 08:44:50 AM

That was a clever ruse on the author's part. I liked how the humans (and readers) were duped into thinking the Predators weren't all that, and then when they started actually fighting back...asses kicked everywhere.

I've just read the AvP comics, but I'm considering dipping my toes in the Predator comics also. I just wish the omnibuses were better quality...
I have the old omnibusses, still look and feel great. What's wrong with them?

Ramjet311

More behind the scenes from MTV

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 30, 2018, 12:31:10 PM
Spoiler
we can see Olivia Munn jumping on something big at 1:30, like in the script when she jumps on the upgrade to cut off his "hair", so this scene has been shot like it was planned, but obviously before reshoots... Wondering if this has been kept or modified...
[close]

Spoiler
I'd imagine that it'll still be kept in the movie. I liked how the three needed to work together to take big guy down...I wouldn't mind that scene surviving the reshoots. It was one of the stronger scenes (though brief) involving kid and Munn imo.
[close]

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 30, 2018, 01:13:16 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Jun 30, 2018, 08:23:16 AM
I have the old omnibusses, still look and feel great. What's wrong with them?

Maybe I got a bad copy  :-\ I bought the AvP Omnibus 2 around 2009 or so. Couldn't even get through the first chapter before the cover completely separated from the spine. But my Omnibus 1 has held up perfectly - is there more than one edition? I thought there were just the white cover ones.

skull-splitter

White covers, grey bottom. Supposedly there are redolored ones available or just on their way in which I am interested, but I'd like to see them in person.

PredBabe

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Something tells me Casey jumping on the upgrade promptly follows Boyd saying "so come and get us, mother f***er".  :P
[close]

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 01, 2018, 02:41:40 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I'd imagine that it'll still be kept in the movie. I liked how the three needed to work together to take big guy down...I wouldn't mind that scene surviving the reshoots. It was one of the stronger scenes (though brief) involving kid and Munn imo.
[close]

Should be fun watching that scene play out!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed