ComingSoon.net's AvP Review

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 12:22:36 AM

Author
ComingSoon.net's AvP Review (Read 17,313 times)

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

WOW G-dog talk to me man what is this stuff im hearing from you? you sound like you really really hated the movie, thats scary man, im going to to see it tommorrow,and i hope its a good movie.... im hearing from almost everyone!!!!!!!!!! that the movie sucked!,MAN RESIDENT EVIL DIDNT EVEN GET THAT MUCH OF BAD RATING,talk to man!!!!! :confused

Baseman

Baseman

I saw the movie last night at midnight.  You should all see the movie for yourself. --Spoilers-- Acting: better than what I expected.  Not academy award winning, but way better than resident evil and Fast and the Furious junk.  They were believable, sometimes funny. Some folks were just there as victims (no lines whatsoever)  FX-  The effects were awesome.  I would say they are as believable as the originals, if not, even cooler.  A lot of cool weapons, the Aliens and the Predators looked awesome, The reason the preds looked like guys in a suit was because...they are guys in suits.  They did look like predators from the first and second movie.  Scar's face wasn't bad, but it was bad ass.  The way the preds vision was, great.  The aliens moving everywhere, down the halls, up the pyramid, along walls, on the queen, were all great.  Story- was cool, but i'm still wondering about how a sequel would work into the whole Aliens fighting predators.  the queen--totally awesome.  What I would have liked to see more: I do like the fact that it is fast paced and action packed (definately not a boring movie) and there are a lot of suspenceful moments, but I would have liked to see more Alien fighting Predator action. The Preds could have put up a better fight.  I understand they were teens, but c'mon dude.  Celtic puts up a good fight,  but c'mon dude.  Don't get me wrong, the Aliens are bad ass in this movie.  But I would have the predators been more slick.  They seemed caught off guard.  More Pred action needed.  But the movie was still cool.  The coolest moves in the movie were by scar:  
Spoiler
So scar is chillin' when a face hugger comes out and he cuts that fool in half.  THen another alien, who I saw hiding this whole time, sneeks up out of the wall Aliens style, and creeps to get scar, and like scar knew he was there, and without looking, cuts his head off ..."TIGHT".  Another scene, when they fight the queen, Scar comes out of know where and does this dope jump and stabs her in the throat w/ a spear.  TIGHT!
[close]
I gave this movie a 7.5 out of 10 I am going to go see it again.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

man i hope the people that gave this movie bad rating are wrong,man i waited 10 years for this film to come out and man i hope its not stupid...man from those 2 clips i saw of the alien and predator fighting wherer great! how the hell is this movie that bad!

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

i wont give no spoilers but i liked it alot  the films alot i enjoyed it just that u can tell that the movie iz missing many scenes and well the pred were better with teh masks on but o well it was really good i liked it    ;D  

ismguy

ismguy

yeah baseman 
Spoiler
that part where scar jumps and stabs the bitch in the head was a badass move.  dont you wish they all moved like this.
[close]
well some will call me stupid but i just went and saw it again with my other friends that arent as fanatical as i am but hey i didnt have to pay any money.  well i still stick to my opinion from previous post.  one thing to add was that people who havnt watched any of the scenes for download (i doubt there is anyone) but dont watch anymore.  a lot of these scenes are kinda critical parts of the movie so dont watch unless you want to see cool stuff you are gonna pay for.  i think the special effects, mainly the aliens, the predator cloaking, and especially the queen are the best by far points to this movie.  hats off to woodruff he is a badass.  he will have a job after this movie.  not sure about PA and producers.  from what i gather most like the fx more than anything.  what do you guys who have seen it think

oh yeah does anyone here, that read the book, think they will take more of that version into making the directors cut dvd.  i certainly hope so, mainly what im talking about is the chestbursting and the fighting seemed more complex and faster than the movie.  one other thing i wish they would have shown was more alien hive interaction with one another and showing them plotting and being a bit more intelligent and using more communication.  there was some but i think they could have went into more detail

Bster144

Bster144

To damn fast of a movie. My opinion is that it is the WORST Alien and Predator movie for the separate franchisees, but it was an ok movie in its self.  The Dialog was bad (not Star Wars prequel bad) but bad.  The whole PG-13 thing shafted any swearing or violence, and the preds looking like linebackers.  All I can say was ok but it could have been muck better.  Thank you Paul for but fu..ing the potential of this movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed