Details that aren't mentioned or alluded to in Isolation

Started by acrediblesource, Oct 30, 2014, 10:42:45 PM

Author
Details that aren't mentioned or alluded to in Isolation (Read 4,036 times)

Keg

Missed that one too. An obvious one is right before the ending. When you reach the end of the platform and start doing the various things you need to do to trigger the cutscene where the 3 aliens ambush you, if you turn around you can see a couple of them just watching and waiting, stalking you from afar. I could only see 2 of them so not sure if the 3rd only shows up in the cutscene. One of them is in plain sight sitting atop the bridge structure that goes above the walkway you just came from.

razeak

After Axel gets whacked, I entered the tram and just as the doors closed I caught a glimpse of the alien. I jumped out of seat lol, but I thought it was scripted. It wasn't. Sometimes it's there and soemtimes it's not and it's not always the same animation. The first time sure looked like a scripted animation though. It's very cool.

acrediblesource

Interesting then that should very well be the first encounter of the Alien before you get the motion tracker.
It's likely to kill you though. I've tried it several times and the best way to get him out is to toss a flare through the vent that axel got pulled in through.

Keg

If you stand in the tram long enough without pressing the button to move on eventually it drops down right in front of it and runs inside and kills you. I think with the increasing tension of that part with the music, noise of the transit, the screeches of the alien and the pitch dark of that area most players are so on edge waiting for the tram to arrive they dont hang around long enough to see it. I know the first time I played it, i was shitting myself at that part just waiting and waiting for that tram and not knowing if the alien was going to show up or not.

Sagit

Quote from: Keg on Nov 06, 2014, 08:14:29 AM
If you stand in the tram long enough without pressing the button to move on eventually it drops down right in front of it and runs inside and kills you. I think with the increasing tension of that part with the music, noise of the transit, the screeches of the alien and the pitch dark of that area most players are so on edge waiting for the tram to arrive they dont hang around long enough to see it. I know the first time I played it, i was shitting myself at that part just waiting and waiting for that tram and not knowing if the alien was going to show up or not.
Checked it last night. It does appear after about 30 seconds after the tram arrived. Man was I pushing that button... ;)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: saintssinphony on Oct 31, 2014, 10:03:32 AMAmanda never says anything but i swear ive seen 2 aliens at once towards the end.  I think its the level where you release the Torrens from the docking clamp or whatever.  I hope I wasnt seeing things but I thought I saw two at once stalking around.

I saw two Aliens stalking around at once inside the first hive.

Needless to say that was brown trousers time.

Keg

Quote from: Sagit on Nov 07, 2014, 11:14:32 AM
Quote from: Keg on Nov 06, 2014, 08:14:29 AM
Checked it last night. It does appear after about 30 seconds after the tram arrived. Man was I pushing that button... ;)

That was actually the first time I was killed in the game on my first playthrough. I had moved into the tram but not close enough to press the button to make it leave. All of a sudden I heard a loud noise (I now know its the noise of the alien dropping from a vent), followed by its screech and then its stomping feet. A second later I was impaled from behind and I properly shat my pants not knowing what the f**k just happened. So even though Id been killed by it I still didnt actually see it until that cutscene where it drops down out of the vent on the other side of the desk.

gabgrave

The first time you call the tram, on the opposite side another tram will come, and two workers will walk out, chatting... That's usually what draws the alien the first time. I ran towards my tram while the alien was...busy.

Keg

Not the first tram you wait for. You must be mistaken. There isnt a one opposite. You must be thinking of the first time you use a transit station where there are four of them. That first time you use a tram immediately after axle bites the dust there arent any more people around and your tram is the only one to arrive.

acrediblesource

I've also noticed that
1. When using the flame thrower  at full fuel  you'll hear the liquid swimming around the canister almost everytime you move.
2. When you psyche out the Alien with a whiff of flame and it charges at you to knock you down, it actually looks and sounds like he's doing a slam dunk at a basketball court. Nothing wrong with it, but I hear it everytime and the words "SLAM DUNK" hits my brain.
3. Sometimes when I reload my gun while having a half or full round of bullets in the revolver, I lose all my bullets on the reload because the animation shows Ripley just dump all the shells and the bullet count just suddenly drop
4. I always thought the sneaker sound was the facehugger dying but after hearing it frequently in the game I realize it's Ripley's sneakers when moving around.

robbritton

Quote from: saintssinphony on Oct 31, 2014, 10:03:32 AM
Amanda never says anything but i swear ive seen 2 aliens at once towards the end.  I think its the level where you release the Torrens from the docking clamp or whatever.  I hope I wasnt seeing things but I thought I saw two at once stalking around.

Yep, last playthrough I had two in the room where you release the clamps. Blasting the flamethrower about will lure them out. You can often get two in the hive, and after you crawl through the wrecked train two always pop up, and one of them may attack if you make a sound.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed