Alien Prequel To Be 3D?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 05, 2010, 07:44:53 AM

Author
Alien Prequel To Be 3D? (Read 10,507 times)

Beserkerjoe

Beserkerjoe

Personally, I don't think cgi or 3-D has in anyway been used to true ALIEN effect. both Scott and Cameron experimented with weird walking crawling postures, two guys in a suit, dangled by wires, speeded up film... If they had computers back then they would have MILKED THEM for every Mb of weirdness to challenge our perceptions. If these guys still have it and have the courage to break with convention, and more importantly fan expectation this could be something special... but it would have to be something we haven't seen yet. Something truly ALIEN.

PLEXI

PLEXI

As long as the 3D is executed well...then I have no problem with it.  AVATAR was a very good use of 3D tech, only using it to make a subtle difference between the background and foreground.  Spy Kids 3 on the other hand >_>.....   I completely trust Ridley Scott to deliver a solid movie, 3D or not.

alien5454

alien5454

I dont know if it is because the 3D glasses at our local cinema are durty,but when you put the 3D glasses on the movie seems darker.I would rather watch the movie in 2D   :)  

Irritator

Irritator

"The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it – everybody."

I don't want it. What's the point, really? It's all about money.

alien90

alien90

@Irritator... So its all about what YOU want? im sure theres millions of Alien fans who would love to see an Alien movie in 3D...

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Personally, I think 3D is just a gimmick, if you son't have a real story to begin with why bother?  Case in point (for me anyway), Avatar was great to look at but awful to watch. I don't think any Alien movie would benefit from 3D, I mean, isn't it supposed to be about what you cant see anyway?  But what do I know lol....

deGRESSOR

deGRESSOR

3D makes the whole movie-going experience uncomfortable.  It hurts my eyes, it's distracts me from the story, and by the time its over I have a raging headache.  I wonder if we're all going to need eye glasses later on in life from watching too much 3D.

deGRESSOR

deGRESSOR

although..a good 3D documantary about space in IMAX on acid or shrooms might be cool..   :o  

Warghost

Warghost

This idea strikes me as terrible. It worked for a movie like Avatar, but for an adult franchise like Alien, it seems more like some immature gimmick to market it to a younger audience. I'm excited for a new Alien movie, but I'm not picturing it in 3D.. Hmm..

KANES SON

KANES SON

please no   :'(      :'(      :'(  

Three lights

Three lights

Sorry to change the subject but seeing a predator hunt on pandora would be KICK ASS!

JRZNIN

JRZNIN

The first Alien is one of the greatest films of all time.  And it was not 3D.  Just to make any film in 3D does not mean it makes the film better.

Shit Talker

Shit Talker

I personally think they should find some real Xenomorpths and bring them in my front living room, i dont want it to look real, i want it to be real :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed