The Ending [Spoilers, don't open if not played]

Started by Xenoscream, Oct 10, 2014, 08:39:11 PM

Author
The Ending [Spoilers, don't open if not played] (Read 18,060 times)

Xenoscream

Last chance....

Spoiler
Honestly screw the ending.

I mean really? I fully expected an alien to be onboard but just finishing the game with her floating in space randomly. I was sure she has impregnated, a Prometheus style med pod scene could have been horrible, or that I'd put away all my weapons, get ready for bed and then bump into an Alien.

After such a roller-coaster of a game which I really loved, I'm really disappointed with the very very end of the game, it just seemed too abrupt.

What do people think?
[close]

ikarop

I don't think she's impregnated. I mentioned in another thread that the alien still kills you if you don't follow the QTE so if she ends up being impregnated then it'll be a major issue for me.

Darkness

I think it's implied that another ship picks her up. There's light shining on her face.  But yeah, they should have ended it properly with her being safe. And presumably Verlaine was killed.

ikarop

It was kind of cheap too that you knew something was up from the moment you teleport to the ship (not sure how you get on board?) and you can't take your space suit off. I was expecting to get ejected from the ship at any second.

Darkness

Oh, I didn't. I thought we'd have some closing cut scene with her and Verlaine. I don't see why she couldn't have just sucked the alien out like at the end of Alien.

Xenoscream

The light shining on her could be from the ship she's just ejected from or the sun. Still seems like a bit of a pointless ending, a bit like "well if we get to make a sequel you will find out, but hey if we don't you'll just never know"

I agree most likely shes not impregnated, but when she woke up in the hive it was my first thought.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 10, 2014, 08:47:58 PM
I think it's implied that another ship picks her up. There's light shining on her face.  But yeah, they should have ended it properly with her being safe. And presumably Verlaine was killed.

It was probably deliberately left hanging like that for either a possible sequel or forthcoming story DLC.

Xenoscream

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 10, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

It was probably deliberately left hanging like that for either a possible sequel or forthcoming story DLC.

If it is for DLC that is such a huge cop-out. DLC to get a decent ending to the main game!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 10, 2014, 09:06:54 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 10, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

If it is for DLC that is such a huge cop-out. DLC to get a decent ending to the main game!

Wouldn't surprise me though, the publisher did it with ACM after all.

Besides, modern gaming:

Darkness

I can't see them doing story DLC. Not for the ending, especially. Everybody would be up in arms at that idea.

Xhan

Pretty sure there will be plenty story dlc, but not stuff that changes anything.

Lingard
Axel
Marshal whathisface
a jaunt through leadworks would be nice.

Vrastal

I want to go further into the story not go over already finished content. going back to earlier points in the infestation is kinda super pointless.. we know how it ends.

We didnt gt to see any chestbursting which upset me.

or a new story line would be nice. but im not too hopeful. if most of the dlc is just different challenge mode maps or movie bits in game form ill be a bit dissapointed.

szkoki

IT had to  the end like this. Now really fits in there between Alien and Aliens, plus filled a few pothole, about why no one sent by the company there again or about what happenend to the Derelict's signal.

Cool ending, and an open ending. Probably if the game sells they gonna add a sequel and that old lady photo shown to Ellen will be really Amanda and not just something the company made up about a missing person because of their mistake.

newbeing

I was also disappointed by the ending. I really, really didn't want some cliffhanger ending that implied either a unknown defeat or a possible sequel and this ending did both. With all of the things the player/Amanda went through would it have been so bad to just give her a some sense of safety?

I dunno. Maybe it all ties into the Isolation idea and how there is no place more isolated than the vacuum of space? Still it felt disappointing. Similar to how some folks felt about the start of Alien 3.

PsyKore

I liked the ending. It was abrupt, but I liked the kinda somber tone it had going on. And then the light across her face gave some hope to finish it.

It's obviously been left open for sequel, but I wonder can they do a sequel? I thought this was the last game in the franchise that Sega had the rights to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed