New Exclusive Images [Updated with new images]

Started by Darkoo, Apr 11, 2012, 07:16:55 AM

Author
New Exclusive Images [Updated with new images] (Read 65,918 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

Wow you guys act like pissy school kids..:) ;)

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:09:22 PM
We'd like to see Giger's aesthetics in the sets, is all. From what I know, it seems that someone in the film's production has been deliberately rubbing away at the man's fingerprint on the film. It won't influence the quality of the movie, but it leaves a taste in the mouth...

ThisBethesdaSea

Didn't Scott say he wanted more mechanical then biomechanical? If that's the case, the designs keep Giger's feel but it's less organic. I have no problem with the sets.

mastermoon

Quote from: Darkoo on May 07, 2012, 12:59:40 PM

Cool it's about time a new picture was found :).

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM
Didn't Scott say he wanted more mechanical then biomechanical? If that's the case, the designs keep Giger's feel but it's less organic. I have no problem with the sets.
Scott aid they went for a mechanical look, he didn't mention any specifics of who asked for what, and what was preferential and why. If there's a quote, please provide it because ... I'm lazy ;) My complaint still stands either way, I always found the biomechanical ribbing far more interesting that these mechanical plates. Kudos for building it, but it's not really all that grim or great to look at. For me.

DendaReloaded

i liked giger more, ftw!! gutalin is okay though...

btw, i found some interesting picture on tumblt, as a person who has seen the movie is being interviewed via chat, he said some interesting things, MAJOR SPOILERS (i won't post them lol guuurls, mad? stay mad <3<3). so major, that it seems it can't be fake, but he confirms some discussions and theories here, but isn't a fanboy oder fanguuuurl so he didn't pay attention that much to score and other details some of yoĆ¼ might kill for....

if ya want a link, post it here <3

Mastes1

Quote from: Valaquen on May 07, 2012, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 07, 2012, 02:23:01 PM
The wall detail is kinda... underwhelming.
Where are all the freakin' bones!?
This is going to sound silly so flame away people but the set looks very PG13'ish, no shiny bones and no skeletol look. I know people have said Scott wanted a different look but why?, it doesn't even make sense really, why would 2 identicle ships have different looking walls etc.

ikarop

The walls are an obvious rip-off of this fan-art model made years ago. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

Mastes1

Quote from: ikarop on May 07, 2012, 04:35:35 PM

The walls are an obvious rip-off of this fan-art model made years ago. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

I remember reading quotes that they used models to make the space jockey chair and room etc, i really hope it wasn't a mistake on their part that they forgot how the derelict looked in ALIEN and all this 'i wanted a different look' quotes are covering their mistakes, they wouldn't be that stupid would they?.

Valaquen

Arthur bloody Max. Hopefully the metal plates fall away to reveal bones :)

Mastes1

Quote from: Valaquen on May 07, 2012, 04:43:22 PM
Arthur bloody Max. Hopefully the metal plates fall away to reveal bones :)
I remember when we first saw pics and footage of Prometheus, i thought maybe the ship could change look for some reason, a bit like the way the walls in Cerebrum change in X-Men 2 if you know what i mean.

ThisBethesdaSea

So people want to see exactly what they saw in Alien. Gotcha ;)

mastermoon

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:09:22 PM

You gotta good point a lot of cry babies :laugh:.

Mastes1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:50:14 PM
So people want to see exactly what they saw in Alien. Gotcha ;)
Yep, it doesn't make real sense for it to look different, i know its a different ship but its the same model so to speak, what reason would the space jockeys have of changing the look of each ship?.

ThisBethesdaSea

That gets back to my earlier theory that ultimately, people want to see Alien all over again. Can we not let Ridley make his own creative choices without chaining him to what he did before?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed