Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,766 times)

[cancerblack]

Kailem

Kailem

I guess the Hot Landing Zone expansion isn't being included in the price drop. Man, this is reeeeeeally going to kill my wallet.

I almost worry about even trying to place an order at the moment with how much the servers are being hammered.

Corporal Hicks

That poor store is taking an absolute beating. I'm gonna wait until later.

Kailem

It'd probably be for the best if I at least ordered the base game from Amazon rather than including it in my order here since it's only £5 more and the less items the site has to struggle to add to my order the better. :P

Either way, doesn't look like there's much choice but to wait until it's calmed down a bit.

[cancerblack]

Diorama is actually pretty neat but I don't see it being cast too well, I expect a lot of flawed ones will make it out the door. Also lol at the site immediately going down. I was half way through adding shit to my cart when the thing just fell apart.

Kailem

It's been very on and off for me ever since I saw the sale had actually started about 40 minutes ago. Pages taking forever to load, if at all. All the standard signs of a site being slammed.

On the plus side it looks like my order is probably going to come to about £250, so I'm pretty sure I should be able to qualify for the free stuff. :laugh:

[cancerblack]

I'm just getting 503 errors.

Kailem

It's probably only going to get worse in the immediate future as more and more people realise the sale has gone live. I'm caught between my urge to press ahead and try to get my order in before stuff potentially starts going out of stock and wanting to wait until things hopefully calm down a bit and the site becomes somewhat stable, since right now for every time I get a page to load, the next one doesn't.

[cancerblack]

Hmmm. Now I'm able to view the site but not log in, actually seems to be settling down. A bit.

Kailem

Kailem

I managed to get the Hellhounds into my basket in one click, so that's progress I guess! :laugh: Now for everything else!

EDIT: Alas it feels like it calmed down for those few brief moments before going back to its previous "good luck with that" state again.

[cancerblack]

HHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGG I really want to drop some heavy cash on a particular thing, even though it's not advisable. Send help, I'm feeling weak.

Kailem

Don't look at me, I'm about to spend hundreds of pounds on this stuff! :laugh:

[cancerblack]

I think I've already spent at least 2K GBP on the damn stuff over the years, trying to justify 12 sets of the kit I reeeeeeeally want on top. It is the Final Final we promise this time sale tho...

Kailem

That's basically my justification for it. After this week, barring another "no we REALLY promise that THIS ONE is the FINAL sale!" sale, this is likely the last chance we'll ever have to get this stuff at reasonable, non-inflated secondary market prices. So what the hell? I'm suddenly in a very "money's made for spending" mood. :laugh:

To hell with it, let's throw in an Alien King and some WY Commandos while we're at it! Machiko too you say? Hell yeah, gotta add a 14th item, 13 would be unlucky! And it seems like it's calmed down a lot now, so now there's nothing holding me back from all this financial foolishness!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 01, 2019, 01:57:31 PM
That's basically my justification for it. After this week, barring another "no we REALLY promise that THIS ONE is the FINAL sale!" sale, this is likely the last chance we'll ever have to get this stuff at reasonable, non-inflated secondary market prices. So what the hell? I'm suddenly in a very "money's made for spending" mood. :laugh:

To hell with it, let's throw in an Alien King and some WY Commandos while we're at it! Machiko too you say? Hell yeah, gotta add a 14th item, 13 would be unlucky! And it seems like it's calmed down a lot now, so now there's nothing holding me back from all this financial foolishness!

That's the spirit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed