William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,927 times)

SM

SM

Hicks mentions they've been asleep for 3 weeks in Aliens.

Other script drafts of Alien 3 gave varying dates of July 3rd (no year), July 23rd (also no year), and 2270.

Mind you some also said Fiorina was in the Hyperion Galaxy and the Neroid Galaxy.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 18, 2018, 06:44:51 AM
Navigational failure leads to a four year drift. I just don't see the problem.

Except that the script itself indicates otherwise:

QuoteRosetti: "According to this, you departed Gateway three days prior to the navigational failure that sent Sulaco into the UPP sector."

Fox: "Let's consider that a glitch in your documentation."

Rosetti: "But your orders say you're here to investigate the accidental failure in the ship's navigational system.  If it was accidental, how did you manage to leave Gateway before it happened?"

Welles: "Not to worry."

Rosetti: "I'll decide that for myself."

Welles: "If I were you, I'd worry about the mission priority-rating on those orders.  That's the two-digit figure in the upper right corner, page one."

Rosetti: "I think this 'software failure' was a command from Gateway."

Fox: "Rosetti, that isn't in the documentation."

Rosetti: "You caused the failure, deliberately routed Sulaco through the UPP sector, and brought her into Anchorpoint."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I wonder if the "20th Century Fox Uncovered" bit on the cover is a sign they're at least open to the possibility of more of these kind of adaptations, Alien-related or otherwise.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The question is: how long does Dark Horse get to keep the Alien license?  Why would Disney allow them to compete with Marvel if they own all of Fox's IPs?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I would assume existing licensing deals would still apply following the buy-out. So depends on how long Dark Horse have Alien/Predator for. It'd make sense for them to take it in-house but then Marvel also out-sources to other publishers - http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/17/idw-to-create-all-ages-comics-featuring-marvel-characters/

At the end of the day, we're just not going to know until we know. So many variables.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What if it's so popular and successful that it turns into a monthly series entitled Corporal Hicks?

Wweyland

Wweyland

They should do the Wooden Planet script next if it's successful. Not sure about the other ones.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Eric Red or GTFO.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 18, 2018, 08:05:08 AM
What if it's so popular and successful that it turns into a monthly series entitled Corporal Hicks?

Only if it's actually my likeness.

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 18, 2018, 09:03:51 AM
They should do the Wooden Planet script next if it's successful. Not sure about the other ones.

Personally, I want them to do them all 4.

Perfect-Organism

Yes.  Do All 4

Huggs

Huggs

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 18, 2018, 07:31:18 AM
I wonder if the "20th Century Fox Uncovered" bit on the cover is a sign they're at least open to the possibility of more of these kind of adaptations, Alien-related or otherwise.

I did wonder that myself a few pages back.

It's an interesting header.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Honestly the Twohy script never did anything for me, and the Red script just... Ugh.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Calling it "20th Century Fox Uncovered" means we could get more than just Alien script comics. Hmmmm, they could do a comic of Ellison's I, Robot... especially since he can't sue them anymore.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 18, 2018, 07:26:59 PM
Hmmmm, they could do a comic of Ellison's I, Robot... especially since he can't sue them anymore.

Never heard of that one. Any good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed