Alien Isolation Movie debate

Started by acrediblesource, Jan 12, 2015, 10:47:39 PM

Author
Alien Isolation Movie debate (Read 4,470 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I don't think a movie is needed. What an experienced gamer and video editor should do is make an abridged version of the game perhaps down to 2.5 to 3 hours. That would be cool to have if you ever want to watch ALIEN then get the story from A:I

Sagit

Sagit

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 26, 2015, 07:34:33 PM

I still don't see the full HR giger alien being in CGI and looking too great. It looks very CGI up close to me in the game no doubt about that. It's intent is to basically scare the pants off of you in less than 5 seconds.

Wait. A creature in computer game looks too much computer generated to you? Really? As for "scaring the pants" - it succeeded I guess.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm not sure the game would make a good movie at all.

Forgetting for a moment that virtually all game-to-film adaptations suck, the majority of the game is about you being on your own. That wouldn't make for a particularly great film. It's OK in the last few minutes of Alien but an entire movie about one lone survivor would get tedious fast.

Unless you switched it and made the film about the fall of Sevastopol, before Amanda gets there. That could work.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 27, 2015, 12:39:56 PM
an entire movie about one lone survivor would get tedious fast.

Is this a widely held view? I like movies like that (Cast Away (or Robinson Crusoe if you prefer), Silent Running and Love spring to mind (Love is about a lone astronaut)), but even these feature interactions and have scenes with more than one character.

I guess the question is off topic - but I'd be interested to hear people's views on the lone survivor aspect.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Jan 27, 2015, 12:52:51 PMIs this a widely held view? I like movies like that (Cast Away (or Robinson Crusoe if you prefer), Silent Running and Love spring to mind (Love is about a lone astronaut)), but even these feature interactions and have scenes with more than one character.

Haven't seen Love, but the others you mention still have the character interacting with something (Wilson, Huey and Dewey). Not sure there's really time for that when there's an Alien trying to perforate your face every second of the day. It might seem a bit daft to have Amanda pluck up a friendship with an inanimate object when her life's constantly on the line.

Russ

Russ

unless she starts talking to her flame thrower...

I meant in general -  but probably the wrong thread to ask the question as I say.

vikingr

vikingr

Unless you switched it and made the film about the fall of Sevastopol, before Amanda gets there. That could work.

I like this idea. But I also think a movie with the same story would work. She interacts with a bunch of guys like Samuels, Dr. Kuhlmann, Morley, Marshal Waits and so on. You would cut many scenes where she is roaming around alone and you would show the scenes were she mets people in full length.

acrediblesource

Thats interesting about the Fall of Sevestapol.
I thought it surely would make a good sequel or prequel to AI. But
the idea of watching the friendly company synthetics turn into murderous Weyland Yutani drones with an ulterior motive would be a sight to see. I don't think we've seen something like that in a movie or in a game.

The Lone survivor movie that comes to mind is adrien brody in Wrecked. He'd go into flash backs while trying to stay alive in the wild. The flash backs pretty much tell the real story for you. It could work in this scenario for AI.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

This is a great idea. But I imagine it would cost Fox more than they'd be willing to spend. It would require a rather large cast and considering how large the station is, recreating it for a movie regardless of method could cost more than most of the previous movies combined.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I would like to see another Alien film, but you can't really touch the first one without it being too similar. Now, granted, I loved the first film, so more of the same would be excellent to me, but I feel the series could branch out into some of the stories the comics represent. A film based solely off the game would work, in theory, but it would have to cut so much in order to be a decent paced 2.5 hour movie. It wouldn't do justice to the game.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

I think their should not be a movie think about it they made good alien flims and who are they going to get to act as Amanda so they should not make a Movie it will be a okay Idea.

acrediblesource

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/02/26/new-alien-will-categorically-not-feature-ripley-8/

So chances are likely The original Ripley will be returning. Meaning it could be before Alien 3 or Alien 3 didn't happen OR Ripley returns possibly like some kind of a dream sequence or she's a digital holographic being or AI. Whatever!
It COULD happen! Meaning Isolation can happen!

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I don't think Isolation should ever be made into a movie, there is no point, we played it, completed it and so the story is already been told  and done. In fact, the point of Isolation was to have us in the world of Alien, having it as a movie would put us back in passenger seat instead of the driver seat.

Well if Alien 3 gets retconned so be it, not sure how I feel about it though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed