Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,375 times)

underbound

underbound

Dont be down dawg. As long as gearbox doesnt touch it(or at least fix A:CM first)we are fine.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Interesting that they're going for Alien instead of Aliens, plus no Sega involvement means they could give it to whoever, maybe we'll just get some really badass magnets though who knows.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Still it could be Creative Assembly's game right? It's 20th Century FOX that has to file these trademarks. And CA is working on an Alien, not Aliens game, so I think that's the one this is about.

Console Creative Lead Al Hope at CA answers question abut current project:

Can you tell us a bit about the console team and what you are working on?

We're working on a new game based on the ALIEN IP. Our ambitions for the game are very high and that comes back to our passion for delivering quality. To some extent it could be said we're going against the grain, we aiming for a truly triple A experience, something only a handful of developers in the UK are still attempting. We believe that we're creating something that will really capture people's imagination immediately. Certainly when we've shown new team members the game the reaction on their faces shows we're on to something. I genuinely can't wait to announce what we're up to.

Source:
http://www.creative-assembly.com/pro...e-lead-al-hope

Jobs available at CA for Alien title. This just in the last few days:
http://www.creative-assembly.com/job...-term-contract

http://www.creative-assembly.com/job...lay-programmer

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Please for the love of Christ, give us a proper Alien horror game. It could be sooooo good if it is done right!

newbeing

newbeing

Samus007

Samus007

I'm not digging the idea of it being based on Ripleys daughter.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I don't even care that playing as Ripley's daughter is dumb,
this sounds great;
QuoteYou, as Amanda, spend most if not all of the game on a single space station, according to our source. There's only one alien for "most" of the game,
but then,
Quoteyou'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Scroll down on Kotaku and read the comments... that's some pretty funny shit.
http://kotaku.com/source-the-next-aliens-game-stars-ellen-ripleys-daugh-1449318113?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

But anyways, yeah I'm slightly discouraged by this news. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Oh, and expect the worst and maybe they'll surprise us.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Fighting clones and soldiers.. because THAT'S what i want to go into combat with in an alien game.. I already feel skeptical about it.

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 21, 2013, 08:32:36 PM
Fighting clones and soldiers.. because THAT'S what i want to go into combat with in an alien game.. I already feel skeptical about it.

Also im sick of playing alien games CoD style.. the only way i can see fighting human or human like entities is if its survival horror.

Thomas

Thomas

Everyone calm down this is just a rumor for an alien game that has been registered online. All the Ripley daughter & cod style game is all rumors and has NOT been made official at all so i´ll will take it for what it is a possible soon to be revealed good alien game.

Now im just waiting for aliens vs predator 4 for pc.

predxeno

predxeno

Hmm, they're doing another historical story that could conflict with the existing continuity; I'm getting an Aliens: Out of the Shadows vibe just from reading the plot premise.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Don't want this.  >:(

F'ing seriously first a book about the adventures of Ripley between Alien and Aliens? Now her daughter fights aliens too. why the frick can't they just let Ripley go, she should have been done after alien 3.

Is it that hard to come up with new characters and scenarios for this series. This is getting to be like a bad soap opera! Oh now Hicks isn't dead? What's next is Newt going to be cloned and fight more aliens, mostly. Maybe Ripley can be pregnant with Burks child and it can fight xenos. Maybe Bishop is in a coma and wakes up to fight xenos.

God please stop them this used to be a serious franchise. Well at least until Foxed F'ed up AR.  :(

I love this series, but dwelling on the past will only damage it's credibility more. Move on Fox try something new.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I know it's silly. Bit maybe the daughter is a Queen alien you play as? melee is a big part of the game. Clones, soilders, vents etc. Only one alien? maybe it takes part at the end of Alien 3? they cloned the queen prior to Resurrection but it was a failed attempt etc.

Or maybe im reading too much into it.

windebieste

windebieste

Ripley's daughter...  Yes!  At last, real progression for the series.  This is going to be sooo badass!!!*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is going to be a comedy, right?  RIGHT?

-Windebieste.

*Just in case the noob 2013 fanboi signups don't get it,  this is called cynicism and sarcasm.  It's fueled by long running disappointment and the belief that the franchise holders now no longer have any clue where to take this series.  Colonial Marines had the last semi-useful concepts and abused them.  They've burnt up their last ideas and are no longer prepared to take risks after the debacle that was 'A:CM'. 

Now they're playing it safe and we get to play as Ripley's daughter... 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed