Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC

Started by SuperiorIronman, May 12, 2020, 01:22:48 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC (Read 24,355 times)

Corporal Hicks

Anyone else having issues purchasing on the PC?

Voodoo Magic

So it's available now?  I have to wait another 9 hours to try.  :-\

Only $6.99 though!

Corporal Hicks

The issue on Epic seems to have cleared up. It's let me purchase now.

Corporal Hicks

Kailem

It's £5.79 for PS4 in the UK. I was going to hold off until a sale since I almost always play Predator, but what the hell? It's Dutch!

Love that his knife is a part of a Predator wrist blade. And challenges should add something nice to work towards on any given day. Looking forward to seeing if the game looks and runs any better with these new patch updates do. Hopefully they won't do what some games end up doing and actually making it run worse, at least. :P

Mr.Turok

Well I just looked over Dutch's tapes and here are my thoughts:

Spoiler
While I was hoping a little more lore if Dutch ever made contact with Harrigan (seems like they didn't but could be off record), I really did like the exploration of Dutch being someone who actually sees the Predators as a real threat to humanity and something not to be learned or admired.

With Dutch's thoughts on Stargazer, it makes everything that they done in The Predator seem more sense in that it solidifies the notion they really are an inexperienced and cocky organization that has no idea what it was up against rather than just simply for movie plot's sake. Everything they have done is due to their own flaws, from Dutch's point that live capture is a bad idea that Stargazer ultimately failed to head to exploration of Predator technology is even a huge danger. That while Predator tech is useful, its something only to be used against Predators, not exploited for humanity.

Even Dutch's attempts at making humanity look too fearsome for Predators is interesting for the character. In his own way trying to create a deterrent which unfortunately seems only to delight the Predators further. The climate change point that was touched on the movie is also accounted here, with Dutch noting that its not an invasion that the Predators seek, rather more sport due to the increasing hot weather and humanity's faults for being violent. He even commented that if an invasion were to really happen, humanity as it is now would not really stand a chance for if these are hunters, what would the Predators really be capable of if they really wanted humans as a dark red spot in the universe.

What it leaves is more questions that I am curious about:

1. If Dutch continues to hunt Predators and is aware of Stargazer's activities back in '18, is there chances that he will come in contact with McKenna, seeing that they both share the same goal of hunting down Predators?

2. Dutch noted that Stargazer really hasn't changed even with the movie dictating that  McKenna is at the helm and now with the OWLF being reinstated into the fold, what became of McKenna and his son?

3. Dutch seems to carry Predator tech, makes me wonder if he knows how to use it? While it is not covered ingame, can he cloak or even use the biomask?

4. What will become of Harrigan, Royce, and Isabelle? Again I fail to believe that Harrigan will simply walk away that easily after experiencing hostile alien life. Even without some kind of contact with another fellow survivor. Not to mention that last we saw of Royce and Isabelle, they are bidding their time until one of the Predator ships land on the game preserve planet for them to take.

Overall, Dutch's DLC has gotten deep into Predator lore that I have not seen in quite a while and I am looking forward to future content, this got me really excited!
[close]

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 26, 2020, 05:29:10 PM

Only $6.99 though!

Is it just me or Ducth doesn't look like himself here ?

MeLikeSinglePlayerGames

Still no final word or updates on whether we'll get or receive a story mode single player campaign yet?

I was really hoping we would receive an entire single player story mode campaign of some kind entirely dedicated to revealing Dutch's back story as to what happened with him all these years when he had disappeared?

Been wanting to play this game, but it's a single player campaign story mode with Dutch that would guarantee a sale from me.

Although they could provide a single player story mode campaign for some other character in the game but it just wouldn't be the same. And I bet the majority would rather play as Dutch anyway if they are playing a single player mode campaign. I just hope it isn't way too linear and inflexible like how Aliens Colonial Marines's single player campaign is, if it ever happens for this game.

I mean ain't this the same company that made that Friday the 13th Game? That game started off as a multiplayer only oriented game but eventually had a single player campaign mode added to it later.

Right now, I guess I can only hope and cross my fingers that Predator Hunting Grounds would receive the same treatment later on eventually and hopefully.

Enjoy

So i did the patch update on ps4 and no arnold no knife.  ??? Just faster matchs

j0nesy

i'm really impressed with how dutch's character model turned out; good job illfonic  8)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on May 26, 2020, 09:04:24 PM
So i did the patch update on ps4 and no arnold no knife.  ??? Just faster matchs

Dutch is behind a pay wall. $6.99 in the US, but wherever you live, you have to purchase it.

Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2020, 08:31:47 PM

Only $6.99 though!

It looks like Dutch on steroids, or, errr, more steroids than normal.  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Samhain13

Only $6.99 though!

Well he got old.  :P

Kradan

I mean, I have some trouble recognising Arnold in him.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 26, 2020, 11:30:15 PM

Only $6.99 though!

Well he got old.  :P

Right.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed