The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,540 times)

Corporal Hicks

skull-splitter

A predator newborn... i get that it is the brief, but my god...

The Kurgan

The longer head kinda reminds me of the Berserker from Predators.
I think i would have prefered full on abomination predator slightly more then the  12 foot ogre predator that we got.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

skull-splitter

We all been thinking ADI had no idea how to do them right, turns out it is largely by instruction of directors...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Dec 09, 2018, 07:57:53 PM
We all been thinking ADI had no idea how to do them right, turns out it is largely by instruction of directors...

Actually, Shane is the reason why the Fugitive looked so good. I believe Alec revealed in the recent AVPG Podcast that Shane wanted the Fugitive to be designed with the look of the original Predator. And that's this bad boy.

SiL

SiL

Shane asking for what the fans wanted allowed ADI to, y'know, make what the fans wanted.

They're very good at what they do. Unfortunately they often get asked to do stupid things.

Voodoo Magic

I'm sorry, in my opinion, name the Predator film, and ADI's quality has never measured up to Stan Winston studio, in design, paint application, construction and subsequent realism. Nor do I believe this quality achieved was capped by each director, as in all these Predator works hit the bar that was aimed for, and were not improved upon further, based on the corresponding director's wishes. While I do see improvement with every ADI film, and they did their best job so far in duplicating the original Predator with the Fugitive, the purple Emissary below cut from "The Predator" is an echo of the same old unrealistic 'mask' result we've seen in the two movies preceding this one.

Stan Winston sir, you are certainly missed.  :'(

SiL

SiL

But didn't you just say the Fugitive looked good?  ???

Voodoo Magic

Yes, good. Not at all close to the exceptionalism of Stan Winston studio, but they did their best job so far in duplicating the original Predator with the Fugitive, in my opinion.

SiL

SiL

Until we see a properly lit shot of the Emissaries, it's a bit unfair to comment on how they look outside of their sculpts. Even the Winston designs could look ropey in behind the scenes shots.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 10, 2018, 03:12:11 AM
I'm sorry, in my opinion, name the Predator film, and ADI's quality has never measured up to Stan Winston studio, in design, paint application, construction and subsequent realism. Nor do I believe this quality achieved was capped by each director, as in all these Predator works hit the bar that was aimed for, and were not improved upon further, based on the corresponding director's wishes. While I do see improvement with every ADI film, and they did their best job so far in duplicating the original Predator with the Fugitive, the purple Emissary below cut from "The Predator" is an echo of the same old unrealistic 'mask' result we've seen in the two movies preceding this one.

Stan Winston sir, you are certainly missed.  :'(

LOL at Scar's Oh-Shit-face.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2018, 04:56:15 AM
Until we see a properly lit shot of the Emissaries, it's a bit unfair to comment on how they look outside of their sculpts. Even the Winston designs could look ropey in behind the scenes shots.

Wow. I don't know what Predator books and behind the scenes documentaries you have seen, but I have watched more repeatedly than I care to admit, and I have not seen any of Winston's designs look "ropey" i.e. meaning poor quality, nor required them to be "properly lit" to look good.

Yet, I've seen Predators in AVP and AVPR Unrated look ropey not only in the docs, but in the actual movies!  Wow, I can't believe you just said that.

Sabres21768

The Wolf Predator was an amazing design. My favorite since the original.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 12, 2018, 04:37:12 AM
The Wolf Predator was an amazing design. My favorite since the original.

Yes, conceptually I love Wolf too! That's why his Sideshow bust is my avatar.   :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed